• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euston 24-26th May...

Trackman

Established Member
How are the Avanti’s fairing from Manchester-London? All sold out now I presume?

Are there any FA Cup charters as well?
Pre-kick off ones, pretty much so, just the odd first class seats left.

FA cup charter train is a Man City one, standard is sold out on this one.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Are there any FA Cup charters as well?
Yes, this one at 0841, and as @Trackman has already noted, it's intended to be just for Manchester City supporters.

Extracts..
CONFIRMED TRAIN TIMES
25 MAY | Manchester Piccadilly 08:41 Wembley Central Station 12:16
25 MAY | Wembley Central Station 19:42 Manchester Piccadilly 23:05
This train is exclusive for Manchester City fans. Any passenger seen wearing opposing team colours, or openly supporting the opposition will be refused entry onto the train.

Established Member
Yes, this one at 0841, and as @Trackman has already noted, it's intended to be just for Manchester City supporters.

Extracts..
I suppose a Manchester United charter train would be better being organised by London Underground:D

For the record I've no interest in football full stop, never mind either team in question. But the Avanti trains out of Man Picc after a United game seem to be a lot busier than they are when Man City are at home in my experience.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Nice one.
RTT has the ECS move as Diesel/Electric starting with diesel (I assume a 67) then at Stafford pathed as electric. Not sure what is going on there.
WCRC diesels take the coaches from Burton with a loco change at Stafford

JamesT

Established Member
I suppose a Manchester United charter train would be better being organised by London Underground:D

For the record I've no interest in football full stop, never mind either team in question. But the Avanti trains out of Man Picc after a United game seem to be a lot busier than they are when Man City are at home in my experience.
It's a tired old trope that Mancunians are all City fans.
Old Trafford does fit 20,000 more than the Etihad. So you get lots of United supporters from elsewhere along with the more local ones.

dosbod stuey

On Moderation
Old Trafford does fit 20,000 more than the Etihad. So you get lots of United supporters from elsewhere along with the more local ones.
I went to school in Gtr Manchester in the 90s - there were more Bolton fans than City.

Established Member
Fair enough. That's a good point I suppose if Old Trafford is significantly bigger. I've been there for the Rugby League final in the past, and it certainly feels like a very big ground.
I went to school in Gtr Manchester in the 90s - there were more Bolton fans than City.
I went to school in South Manchester in the 2010s, plenty of Man City fans there, but plenty of United, Liverpool and people like me that didn't give a stuff. Admittedly it was a selective school, so will have had a far wider catchment that most. I came from outside Greater Manchester, and a boy in either the year or two years below me travelled in from York every day!