• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euston closed (power outage) and other stories...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsr

Established Member
Due to a lineside fire at South Hampstead, there has been a significant power outage at London Euston (mainline) station and a block has been put in place on arrivals and departures. The main problem, as it stands, is with the lack of a PA and station lighting.

1U30 1202 Crewe-Euston has been stuck on approach to the station for some time, and other LM/VT trains are being stacked up in station platforms en-route.

Due to a signalling problem, Bakerloo Line services are also suspended north of Queens Park, and the Overground between Harrow & Wealdstone and Euston is suspended.

Access to Euston Square Tube station will also be affected as the Circle Line is suspended due to signal failure at Earls Court, and the H&C line has delays...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GatwickDepress

Established Member
I'm on the 1513 from Milton Keynes and we went through Bletchley carriage siding loop into platform 5. 350 375 is in platform 4 and a 390 is in platform 2. Seems like fun.

tsr

Established Member
1U30 just arrived at Euston, over half an hour late.

Ticket acceptance for VTWC with VTEC, EMT and Chiltern, and for LM with Chiltern, GWR, EMT and - wait for it - First Capital Connect! Apparently...

I'm on the 1513 from Milton Keynes and we went through Bletchley carriage siding loop into platform 5. 350 375 is in platform 4 and a 390 is in platform 2. Seems like fun.

I wonder when the driver last went through there!

Anyway, in theory you could get as far as Tring (I think) before being stopped by services waiting on both of the Up lines ahead of you, but what will actually happen is anyone's guess. Your train might also be prone to overcrowding and annoyed passengers if it picks up people at Bletchley before trundling only a little further, so it might be best to just leave it as it is!

tsr

Established Member
Southern are now having to prevent some services running north of Shepherds Bush or Watford Junction.

Virgin are arranging a small number of buses for Luton Airport Parkway and Milton Keynes Central.

Last edited:

GatwickDepress

Established Member
1U30 just arrived at Euston, over half an hour late.

Ticket acceptance for VTWC with VTEC, EMT and Chiltern, and for LM with Chiltern, GWR, EMT and - wait for it - First Capital Connect! Apparently...

I wonder when the driver last went through there!

Anyway, in theory you could get as far as Tring (I think) before being stopped by services waiting on both of the Up lines ahead of you, but what will actually happen is anyone's guess. Your train might also be prone to overcrowding and annoyed passengers if it picks up people at Bletchley before trundling only a little further, so it might be best to just leave it as it is!
I do as well - Southern aren't well known for stabling stock there! We're remaining at Bletchley for now, doors unlocked. The guard has been very good at posting regular updates over the PA. Being an 8 car train, I hope LO picks up the worst of the crowds on the WLL. The passengers on the 390 are looking very agitated - lots of peering and knocking on vestibule windows. Can't be much fun in this glorious weather.

Also good to see First Capital Connect has been resurrected from the dead. I thought necromancy was frowned upon these days at the DfT - very much a "Ministry" tradition that.

LAX54

Established Member
Does not look very good, all power lost WCML and now on the DC lines too, power loss now affecting Wembley Main Line Box, Euston Stn closed as domestic power lost as a reaction.

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Woo, we're on the move. Even if the guard doesn't know how far we'll get!

EDIT: Belting down the fasts now! Well, up the fasts anyway...

Last edited:

tsr

Established Member
Woo, we're on the move. Even if the guard doesn't know how far we'll get!

EDIT: Belting down the fasts now! Well, up the fasts anyway...

Yep. Basically, stuff is being shuffled around at Watford Junction now - quite efficiently, too, given the circumstances. I suspect you may get held somewhere outside Tring if one of the trains ahead doesn't move, but so long as the juggling act goes OK, I reckon Southern probably want to get you off the WCML as soon as possible.

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Yep. Basically, stuff is being shuffled around at Watford Junction now - quite efficiently, too, given the circumstances. I suspect you may get held somewhere outside Tring if one of the trains ahead doesn't move, but so long as the juggling act goes OK, I reckon Southern probably want to get you off the WCML as soon as possible.
Can't blame them either. Last thing you want is a rogue WLL train in a sea of Euston. Credit to those on the ground today, they're doing a cracking job.

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Will pass on the compliments if I can. Your train should be good to get as far as Watford now, AFAICS. Impressive!
I'm really impressed. Genuinely am! I'm going in for surgery tonight, so to know I'll get to at least Watford during this disruption is incredible! Top bloomin' marks to everyone! Thanks for keeping me updated too

LAX54

Established Member
looking at some of the details, could be hours rather than minutes to do a workaround !

tsr

Established Member
Points and track circuit issues are now being reported on the WCML as it passes through the Camden area.

Southern have just advised that they are in the process of suspending most WLL & WCML services until further notice. Clapham Junction - Shepherds Bush peak shuttles will run. Other services will not. Passengers should use the Marston Vale (hmmm!) where possible. Ticket acceptance agreed with Overground and Tube, so far as they are operating, as well as Thameslink & LM.

Further to this, the Southern suspension could be until the end of the day and their Control are indeed trying to get their 377s off the WCML route ASAP.

I'm really impressed. Genuinely am! I'm going in for surgery tonight, so to know I'll get to at least Watford during this disruption is incredible! Top bloomin' marks to everyone! Thanks for keeping me updated too

Least I can do. All the best for tonight.

Last edited:

tsr

Established Member
LM tickets accepted on the Tube and numerous National Express bus routes.

GWR now accepting Virgin tickets.

Chiltern are accepting tickets but have advised that points failure at Marylebone is restricting their capacity.

LAX54

Established Member
looks like Park St to Camden at least ALL tracks SOWC. All points OOC. No signals. Loss of Power at Wembley Box, loss of Power on the DC Lines. heard Victoria Line is affected too (?)

JamesP

Just been on 1A46 sat outside Crewe for half an hour waiting for a platform. I got off at Crewe but it's now sat in platform 5 waiting to be allowed to proceed.

tsr

Established Member
looks like Park St to Camden at least ALL tracks SOWC. All points OOC. No signals. Loss of Power at Wembley Box, loss of Power on the DC Lines. heard Victoria Line is affected too (?)

Can't see anything about the Victoria Line having problems. I may be speaking too soon, though.

Not a good day for fires in the area. The issues on the Overground NLL route at Camden Road since this morning are apparently due to a rail grinder causing a fire under a platform.

Southern have just advised that ticket acceptance is in place for Clapham Junction <-> Birmingham via Reading...

ah-media

EUS - HML travellers are being advised to go Met to Watford and then bus. Good to see free water being handed out. Lots of Virgin and Lam staff on the ground and the crowd was good natured earlier.

CosherB

Established Member

All the best,hope it goes well.

Scotrail84

Established Member
There are 10 hours' worth of repairs to do to fix some of the cables, hence the long time until reopening.

One wonders if it could start at Watford Junction, if the ECS and crew can be co-ordinated...

Good idea but its too long for the platform so thats no ideal plus how do people from london get there?

tsr

Established Member
Good idea but its too long for the platform so thats no ideal plus how do people from london get there?

CS are now preparing the stock (albeit with delays) for 1S25, the Highland Sleeper, which has a booked call to pick up passengers at Watford Junction.

As for getting to Watford, that's rather tricky right now. Shuttle bus from Watford Met?

Scotrail84

Established Member
CS are now preparing the stock (albeit with delays) for 1S25, the Highland Sleeper, which has a booked call to pick up passengers at Watford Junction.

As for getting to Watford, that's rather tricky right now. Shuttle bus from Watford Met?

What about leaving from kings x?

Scotrail84

Established Member

Also, where did you see that?

Status
Not open for further replies.