• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Evening Peak between Christmas and New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

OscarH

On Thursday, I made several journeys, all within Zones 1 and 2. I was charged a total of 5.10 on my railcard discounted Oyster card, the off peak cap for these zones (and the app confirms I spent more and it was capped), however one of the journeys was wholely between 17.00 and 18.00, which should have been peak as far as I know.

Has the evening peak been suspended this week as lots of people are off work (I couldn't find any mention of this anywhere though), or am I missing a reason for it to still be the off-peak cap, despite that peak journey

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PeterC

Established Member
The evening peak journeys count toward the off peak cap.

Conversely journeys starting between 04:30 and 06:30 only count towards the peak cap despite being off peak.

This is only Monday to Friday of course

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
“Evening Peak” only refers to Pay As You Go single trips. Off-peak Daily capping apples anytime after 09.30 (there are some stations with lower frequency services where it starts marginally earlier). Off-peak applies all day on weekends and bank holidays.

PeterC

Established Member
“Evening Peak” only refers to Pay As You Go single trips. Off-peak Daily capping apples anytime after 09.30 (there are some stations with lower frequency services where it starts marginally earlier). Off-peak applies all day on weekends and bank holidays.
IIRC the early touch in exceptions only apply to the cap not to the single fare.

Status
Not open for further replies.