• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EWS Rumours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
I think Dad's signature really is coming true!

fbr.gif

jonb

Established Member
Demps said:
so, what would be the benefits to the enthusiast community?

None - What do you expect all the stored locos owned by EWS to be fired up and made serviceable?

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Rumours rumours rumours..

*yawn*

I'll wait for the official announcement myself :)

Guinness

Established Member
Coxster said:
I think Dad's signature really is coming true!

fbr.gif

I think it is! ;)

Personally I think nothing will happen and First are more than happy with GBRf.

TheSlash

Established Member
I think you are talking about the job security, short and long term, aswell as staff travel and pension issues of alot of my close friends and colleagues, and to spread rumors simply, especially negative ones, because the company operates in a business that you are an enthusiast of, is down right disgracefull and would bring of host of criticism if it was any other industry.

Coxster

Established Member
Steve: The reasons above about First are from an enthusiast's point of view as the more companies, the more interesting it can be to 'grice'. No-one was really fgoing into anything regarding the company itself, nor did anyone say "I hope First don't buy EWS".

Dennis

Established Member
Never mind keep sticking flying f's on EWS locos, they should put some on the old Wessex Trains stock - from the outside you'd never guess these were part of a First franchise - surely one of Britains biggest bus companies isn't ashamed of it's pacers.

BTW, I notice that First will be bidding for the broken up CT franchises, wonder if they are planning on calling them First Central Trains should they win? :evil4:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Dennis said:
BTW, I notice that First will be bidding for the broken up CT franchises, wonder if they are planning on calling them First Central Trains should they win? :evil4:

If they win then will this be seen as the first break up of a monopoly (NEx have almost a monopoly of public transport in the West Midlands - running 80% of buses, Midland Metro and Central Trains) by First, rather than the creation or expansion of one?

Status
Not open for further replies.