• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Examples of bad design

Status
Not open for further replies.

gswindale

Showers found in hotels - now, which knob adusts the water and which the temperature? (at which point, you get deluged with cold water). Also, shower heads that are clamped too high so that they pour down on the head (I don't like water running down my face) Yes, Premier Inns, I'm talking about you!
Can you let me know which hotels these are? Problem I have with hotel showers particularly in Premier Inn is that they haven't accounted for the height of the bath tub, so I have to bend over slightly to wash my hair in them as they're too low to stand up straight (I'm approx 6ft)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AM9

Veteran Member
Some time ago I noticed my DVD/HDD recorder (a Panasonic) has no "disc eject" on the remote. You need to get off the couch, walk over and physically push an eject button on the front of the machine.

I rationalised this as some 'Elf & Safety bod had done a Risk Assessment, then concluded that, with a remote capability, an adult might press the button whilst a child was near the machine, disc tray pops out unexpectedly and has an eye out!

I'm always up for a good H&S Gone Mad conspiracy - but of course it makes sense if you're ejecting or inserting a DVD, you will need to be in front of the machine at the time.
Actually, having the eject function on the remote is far more logical. The time for a disc to eject from a loaded but stopped condition is usually between two and four seconds, which is probably similar to the time it takes to stand up, (from a comfy chair of course) and walk across the room to bend over and retrieve the disc from the slot. It is also conveniently cheaper to add the function to a remote than engineer the case type to accommodate a mechanical linkage to the mechanism's loading lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.