• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Excel database for events

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyRail

Established Member
does anyone use excel or similar to keep record of railway events they may wish to attend.

Trying to keep track of all the railtours coming down this way, also bus and trucks events and air shows I wish to attend so I don’t miss anything.

Staring at spread sheets not knowing where to beginning.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trash80

Established Member
Yes i use spreadsheets a lot (Numbers and Google Sheets in my case) for organising blog subjects i plan to write.

For events though I use an online calendar.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
No.

I put future events in my calendar and then if I ever want to see when a past was, it's all still there.

By the way Excel is a Spreadsheet application, not a database application.

PeterC

Established Member
I mostly use the trusty old Filofax but occasionally use an online diary if I want a reminder in my mailbox for something that I mustn't miss such as a hospital appointment.

Professionally I publish an events listing and this is maintained on an Open Office database. I sometimes refer to it to check what is happening at a particular venue but it isn't the list of which gigs I actually want to attend.

najaB

Veteran Member
"Excel database"

You made the baby Jesus cry. Excel is a spreadsheet application.

Status
Not open for further replies.