• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Excessing return portion of a return

Status
Not open for further replies.

roversfan2001

Established Member
I hold a Bamber Bridge to Mill Hill (Lancs) return for today. How would I go about excessing the return portion to Lostock Hall? :)

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
I hold a Bamber Bridge to Mill Hill (Lancs) return for today. How would I go about excessing the return portion to Lostock Hall?
Wouldn't it be easier to walk? :) TBH, I think if you asked the guard for the excess (s)he would tell you to just stay on board as it would take longer to issue it than the journey and the fare difference is only 20p for a single.

Last edited:

roversfan2001

Established Member
I walked on the way here (missed the preceding train from LOH so I could get cash out, after last week's debacle), including the walk from Leyland it took an hour and a half, don't fancy that again ;)

I did half expect that response, just wanted to know what it entailed if I did need to excess.

najaB

Veteran Member
I did half expect that response, just wanted to know what it entailed if I did need to excess.
Since neither of the stations is staffed (to the best of my knowledge) just ask for the excess from the guard. Should be 20p if memory serves correct.

roversfan2001

Established Member
As expected, the guard let us off, quote "not worth his job to charge us 20p extra" or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.