• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Explosion in Shaw, Oldham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
Flipping heck...that's not far from where I work :shock:

Best not try to drive down that road tonight then....

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
BBC News 24 bottom banner strip is reporting that a young child has died in the property, one person in missing (believed trapped) and another person has been taken to hospital suffering from 80% burns.

A total of five terraced houses are said to have been damaged.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
BBC News 24 bottom banner strip is reporting that a young child has died in the property, one person in missing (believed trapped) and another person has been taken to hospital suffering from 80% burns.

A total of five terraced houses are said to have been damaged.

That's bad. Also the fact a small child has died is sad as well :(

I wonder what the explosion was caused by?

_61176045_oldham.jpg

That's pretty bad, in the row of houses them 3 are completely flattened.
My thoughts are with the families affected :(

Last edited:

swj99

That looks terrible. My late father used to work at the Ferranti factory not far from there when I was young.

There was an explosion in Irlam late last year, that was caused by gas as well.

Established Member
That really is nasty, the fact that it happened seemingly with no warning and caused that much damage. Thoughts are with all who have been affected :(

Crossover

Established Member
Just heard on the news on the radio this morning and it is on BBC News that a 32 year old man has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter.

I drove past the area last night as the main road (Crompton Way) has been reopened to traffic, with just the side roads closed off - some of the buildings on the main road look to have had their windows blown out...the shockwave from the explosion was evidently massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.