• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Express Sprinter vs Turbostar

Express Sprinter v Turbostar

• Express Sprinter

Votes: 67 59.3%
  • Turbostar

Votes: 46 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Has to be 170s - well 168s actually - but identical internally - favourites Chiltern's, and do like the look of Scotrail's. Interally very comfortable - good seating and cosy atmosphere. Air Con/Heating ideal. Ride quality smooth, and noise levels low.

I do like 158s, but feel most need a good quality refurbishment carrying out. 168s/170s/172s are a cut above certainly.

The 168s are the best DMUs on the network in my opinion. With 170s and 158s respectively a close 2nd & 3rd

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Being in Scotrail country I get to experience both quite frequently (170s v 158s) and I prefer the 158s: the seats are more comfortable and the ride is a bit smoother. But most importantly, they don't sound like they're dying when challenged with the slightest uphill gradient!

Mordac

Established Member
The 168s are the best DMUs on the network in my opinion. With 170s and 158s respectively a close 2nd & 3rd

Never been on a 168, but I find both 185s and 175s better than either 170s or 158s. Sound proofing of the saloon in the 185s in particular is amazing for a DMU, something I've mentioned elsewhere on the forum today!

Status
Not open for further replies.