• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Extending the Waterloo and City Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
There is no space to extend from Bank in any other direction. The underground tends to follow the roads as a significant number of the buildings extend underground in that area for historic reasons usually revolving around gold/cash vaults.

DynamicSpirit's plan is a sensible Waterloo outward extension - particularly a Royal Albert Hall station; it's currently a bit of a trek from the tube!

Not entirely sure a Blackfriars stop would help for reasons several have given up. What needs fixing is buses plugging into Blackfriars again properly. What about a tube line running along the southern embankment that took in Blackfriars - or is this negated by the Jubilee Line?

Can't understand TfL's reluctance to run any buses past Blackfriars other tan north to south i.e. as per Thameslink (Farringdon, Elephant). When Blackfriars was closed for all those months they extended the 388 to Temple along the Embankment, but they couldn't wait to cut it back again. Instead, they could have extended it to Waterloo via Westminster Bridge or re-direct the 76 once again over Blackfriars Bridge to Waterloo, rather than following the herd over Waterloo Bridge.

I'm afraid a tube line along Southbank has been negated by the Jubilee- such a shame as Tate Modern could do with its own station or, in its absence, proper directional signage to the Jubilee.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railfan2156

Bank to Balckfrairs, and then a branch to Waterloo, going up to Elstree or Boremwood via Aldwich, Holborn, Moorgate, The Northern City Line, Mill Hill... ECT
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Reversing at Vauxhall?
Yes, I looked at the track plan & if you went for a cross-platform with the Victoria then this would be easy - it seems silly, but that stretch gets very clogged with people always having to walk :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.