• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Facts of E.M.R. 158889

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Lee

On Moderation
Knowing that 889 is formerly a unit in SWT until it was hired to EMT and it vowed to return to SWT when the South Western Franchise passed to SWR so it passed to E.M.R. last year.
If i am right, the unit was the only one with 1st Class Accomodation among the whole EMR Regional Fleet?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Knowing that 889 is formerly a unit in SWT until it was hired to EMT and it vowed to return to SWT when the South Western Franchise passed to SWR so it passed to E.M.R. last year.
If i am right, the unit was the only one with 1st Class Accomodation among the whole EMR Regional Fleet?
The unit was permanently with EMR by the new SWR franchise start date. The SWR franchise agreement had already reduced their 158 fleet to 10 units, or 20 vehicles, it isn’t that recent a change.

Domh245

Established Member
Presently yes, declassified, but there was talk of it being removed at some point but I doubt that'll happen under EMR some how.

If it was going to get done, the logical time would have been whilst it was in for PRM-TSI mods, but as it's escaped those with it still in place, and will (likely, eventually) be going off lease from EMR, you are almost certainly right that it'll stay like that for the forseeable

hexagon789

Veteran Member
If it was going to get done, the logical time would have been whilst it was in for PRM-TSI mods, but as it's escaped those with it still in place, and will (likely, eventually) be going off lease from EMR, you are almost certainly right that it'll stay like that for the forseeable

Well that's it, given that the best opportunity to change the seating layouts has passed and it's anything but a priority now I just don't see EMR bothering

Status
Not open for further replies.