• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

failed 92 on 1S25! (14/04/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexl92

Established Member
Apparently 86702 is also being prepared as a fourth ECS/Standby loco as part of the contract with ETL/ACLG - along with 86401 which we already knew about.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CosherB

Established Member
I'd hope this is a nice cash bonus for the owners of 87002.

depends what the terms of the contract are for the hire of the 87 ..... i'd have thought it unlikely as I'd assume it's for GBRf to determine how and when the loco is used, and it's not on a 'pay-per mile' basis. it maybe a preserved loco, but this is hard business!

Chrism20

Established Member
Last reported 02:12 at Rugeley, no further reports. Surely it's not still there :shock:

Well fifteen minutes ago they said on Twitter that they don't have an estimate of when it will get moving. Some poor lass and her parent have posted on there about it as they are going to a funeral. By the looks of it the train hasn't moved.

Last edited:

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Eek! What happened to the 66 that was meant to help it? And why don't they get 86101 down from Willesden?

JonathanH

Veteran Member
S26 in trouble, 92028 burst at Colwich. Its not shown as moving yet although 66610 reported as on the front by 0500 so surely its limped forward, youd hope so...
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/G97281/2015/04/22/advanced

Hmm, 92028 - that will breed trepidation into anyone who sees that at the front of their sleeper train after last Tuesday night's effort and then this.

Is this its first time out on the sleeper again after whatever repair it needed from last week?

Chrism20

Established Member
And going by Twitter it looks like Sky's Adam Boulton is on the Glasgow portion

Darandio

Established Member
Loco change at Crewe? There appears to be another loco sat in P12 waiting.

Edit*

Maybe not, FL 66 is on the front, you can watch it unfold on the Crewe railcam, Crewe Cam 1 is one of the freely available ones and is pointing directly at the train now.

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
Not 100% sure, but it looks as though they may be getting ready to switch to another 92 from the siding alongside.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I would hope they let people bail out at Crewe and get on a Virgin?

One Virgin just departed, hopefully some have managed to continue their journey on there.
Can only assume it goes no further now, it seems that passengers were advised on board to catch the 1009 Virgin service from Crewe according to the Adam Boulton's Twitter.
Failed 92 has now been detached and dragged out of the way. 90037 (I think) now attaching to the sleeper stock.

Last edited:

Trainfan344

Established Member
74 minutes late! At this rate, it might get to Scotland in time for tomorrows sleeper.

87002 might get an extended run at this rate...not a good start with the 92s

yeah still cant fathom the choice there. what's gonna be the
back up loco when they fail?

Observer

Makes you wonder why Serco went with GBRf instead of sticking with DBS who obviously would have had plenty of working stock with the 90s and 67s remaining. I'm sure getting stuck with 92s and 73s are going to be a great thing.

captainbigun

Makes you wonder why Serco went with GBRf instead of sticking with DBS who obviously would have had plenty of working stock with the 90s and 67s remaining. I'm sure getting stuck with 92s and 73s are going to be a great thing.

Serco partnered with GB, someone else partnered with DBS.

New stock needs 92s, simple as that. They will just take some time to shake down. What's wrong with the 73s?

Lot's of people sat in arm chairs devoid of facts and/or experience.

90s and 67s also fail. I really don't see the issue.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
And we have similar fun and games to come when the 73s start!

Surely the difference with the 73s is that they will be fresh from overhaul when they start to be used whereas 92028 is not one of the engines which GBRf have put through Loughborough. Have 92018 or 92033 had significant failures yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.