• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fairwater - Manchester Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJamesBrown

I have just booked tickets with the below itinerary. Does this mean I can catch the Metrolink between Manchester Piccadilly and Manchester Victoria? As I only thought tickets to Manchester Ctrl zone were valid on Metrolink.

Capture.PNG

Thanks James

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
You will not be able to use the Metro between Manchester Victoria and Manchester Piccadilly AFAIK.

evoluzione

If you can't use the Met, then there is a free bus outside Picc that will take you to outside Vic, route 2 the green route.

Failing that it's a 10-15 minute walk between them.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
You will not, officially, be allowed to use the tram on that ticket.

Metroshuttle 2 calls at Oxford Road and Deansgate, not Piccadilly, and I would estimate the walk at a comfortable 15-20 minutes.

The Advance ticket would cover you to Oxford Road or Deansgate from Piccadilly if the ticket has '&Connections' printed in the 'route'.

telstarbox

Established Member
It's only £1.10 for a Metrolink single from Picc to Vic, although IMO it would be more passenger-friendly to have a free travel area in the Metrolink City Zone for NR tickets to Manchester Stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.