• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Famous Folk You've Met?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

A bit like how you randomly bumped into the post advertising the show on here? :)

djw1981

Established Member
Duke of Kent (twice)
The Queen
Jim Wallace - Scottish Lib Dem leader
Brian Souter
Richard Dawkins

Then through working in a supermarket in the west of Glasgow:

Bobo Baldae
John Lennon (arrogant g*t with a huge chip on his shoulder) and his wife, and mistress and kids
Nacho Novo
Kirsty Wark
Robert Carlyle
James McAvoy
Billy Boyd
Elijah Wood
Greg Hemphill & the other one from chewing the fat
Tam Cowan

On trains (which I guess is the more on topic area)
Dylan Moran with his kids on the way from Newcastle - Edinburgh in standard Class on GNER playing hide & seek in the luggage racks.

Ian Rankin, JK Rowling & Alexander McCall-Smith were regulars on the edinburgh uni campuses.

petethetim

Then through working in a supermarket in the west of Glasgow:

Bobo Baldae
John Lennon (arrogant g*t with a huge chip on his shoulder) and his wife, and mistress and kids
Nacho Novo
Kirsty Wark
Robert Carlyle
James McAvoy
Billy Boyd
Elijah Wood
Greg Hemphill & the other one from chewing the fat
Tam Cowan

On trains (which I guess is the more on topic area)
Dylan Moran with his kids on the way from Newcastle - Edinburgh in standard Class on GNER playing hide & seek in the luggage racks.

Ian Rankin, JK Rowling & Alexander McCall-Smith were regulars on the edinburgh uni campuses.

No if were talking about seeing in shops or street my list would be such a vastness you;'d get bored:)

But all the people I have named I have actually had a conversation with them should it only be a few lines or a right Ole' natter!

rail-britain

Established Member
Isn't there a difference between "seeing" famous people and actually having a conversation and/or being introduced to famous people!

I've met :
Princess Anne (the only royal I have time for)
Malcolm Rifkind (when was a cabinet Minister and Member of Parliament)
Brian Souter and Ann Heron-Gloag (kind of obvious that I have met them really!)

I've seen a lot of famous people, but not had a conversation with them

djw1981

Established Member
No if were talking about seeing in shops or street my list would be such a vastness you;'d get bored:)

But all the people I have named I have actually had a conversation with them should it only be a few lines or a right Ole' natter!

Yeah my point being I was working checkouts, or deli counter/pizzas and served them. SO a conversation maybe along the line sof what pizza do you want....that will be five minutes, do you wanna wait or come back.....small talk about weather, or stuff.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Two very sucessful, self built people!

That is one viewpoint.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Isn't there a difference between "seeing" famous people and actually having a conversation and/or being introduced to famous people!

I've met :
Princess Anne (the only royal I have time for)
Malcolm Rifkind (when was a cabinet Minister and Member of Parliament)
Brian Souter and Ann Heron-Gloag (kind of obvious that I have met them really!)

I've seen a lot of famous people, but not had a conversation with them

My uncle worked with (I think) Malcolm Rifkind's wife, who said that she hated it when he became a cabinet minister because the Goivernment used to send a driver to take him from his home to Edinburgh Waverley for the sleeper, and vice versa, thus she lost the only time in the week she managed to have just the two of them without work (pre mobile phone days) or family commitments/responsibilities intruding. He was (reportedly) then a big fan of the sleeper service, and defended it robustly in cabinet when successive Transport Secretary's wanted to cut it.

Mintona

Established Member
I've had a conversation with Steve Sidwell..as I am a Reading fan and he played for them back then.

No-one else though.

BOSCH

Kevin Keegan
Gazza
Les Ferdinand
Tony Blair
John Prescott
Duchess Of Kent
Prince Andrew
Harry Enfield
Paul Whitehouse
Andy Bell (Erasure)

Loads of others as well,one that sticks in my mind is the excess fare I did on Nicholas Parsons,he was travelling with a Supersaver(remember them) on a friday,he was asleep with one of those eye masks you wear normally on a plane.So I wakes him up and he aint happy and starts with the "do you know who I am" routine.I explained the problem and the X/S required,he eventually paid whilst being rather rude.When I finished,I gave him his ticket and X/S voucher and thanked him with the words "Thank you sir,that was my Sale Of The Century" ...I kid you not !!!!:lol::lol::lol:

1D53

Established Member
Shared a pint withDom Matteo
Seth Johnson and Mark Viduka
Also seen Hull's favourite pie man with Ann Widdecombe at Leeds station

Jord

I've met nobody famous [not that i can remember anyway] but my dad has spoke to all the members in UB40 :D back years ago when they played at my dads mate in Brum [as so were they from Brum :D]

BOSCH

Ah Mark Viduka Celtic's saviour the Season Henrik Larsson Broke his leg

The same Mark Viduka who is injured AGAIN for NUFC and we are not even into winter yet which is the time he tends to go missing !! :mad::mad:

petethetim

Any chance of Staying on Topic Guys much as I love an natter about Footie
Just yesterday wile in Belfast City centre I saw Ex Liverpool Player Alan Kennedy over for some supporters club do

merseytrains

I now prefer to call this my 'known people encounters list' as 'people you met' sounds to 'face to face'.

(the late) Ronnie Barker
(the late) Fred Dibnah
The Chuckle Brothers
Jeremy Clarkson
Richard Hammond
James May
Mike Brewer
Edd China

Status
Not open for further replies.