• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fastest route between Kings Cross and Euston

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeGee

Incidentally, I managed it in eight minutes on Friday night striding out along the Euston Road.

Unfortunately, the late arrival of my inbound train meant that I missed my connection anyway :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sapphire Blue

And if 'by train' excludes the Tube would it be: Euston - Willesden Junction - Highbury & Islington - Finsbury Park - Kings Cross?

I make that:-

1h 16m EUS > KGX

and

1h 26m KGX > EUS

(both without any silly connection attempts)

al78

Established Member
Walk...you wouldn't do anything else

I'd possibly cycle it if I had my folding bike with me, even then the time saved over walking would be negligable, I'd have to stop at the junctions just as if I were on foot. The advantage of cycling is that there is more room on the road than on the pavement.

Trainfan344

Established Member
I will be transferring from Euston to Kings Cross with a 50 minute connection after dark, what's the best way of getting between the two? I don't care about speed just safety, will have a large duffle bag and a backpack on.

Agent_c

I will be transferring from Euston to Kings Cross with a 50 minute connection after dark, what's the best way of getting between the two? I don't care about speed just safety, will have a large duffle bag and a backpack on.

Black Cab? You'll still be robbed, but at least you'll know the amount....

Crossover

Established Member

I would advise walking down the main road

Me and Starmill did it in the opposite direction at around 11pm - plenty people around and felt safe enough :)

najaB

Veteran Member
If the duffel bag isn't too heavy, then walk it. It takes about 10 minutes or so and the area is usually fairly busy until the early hours of the morning.

sheff1

Established Member
Agree with the others. I can't envisage any problems walking along Euston Rd between the two stations. It is the area beyond Kings Cross station which can be a bit dodgy, but even there it is much much better than it was a few years ago.

GodAtum

On Moderation
How about this?

East Croydon - london bridge - Euston

or

East Croydon - St pancras - Euston

I think it's raining tommorrow so will probably not walk.

Last edited:

philjo

Established Member
How about this?

East Croydon - london bridge - Euston

or

East Croydon - St pancras - Euston

I think it's raining tommorrow so will probably not walk.

You could change at Farringdon and get the circle/H&C line to Euston Square which would reduce the distance you have to walk in the open compared to walking from St Pancras.

GodAtum

On Moderation
You could change at Farringdon and get the circle/H&C line to Euston Square which would reduce the distance you have to walk in the open compared to walking from St Pancras.

Which line do you think will be less busy, the circle/H&C or northern from london bridge?

rebmcr

Established Member
Which line do you think will be less busy, the circle/H&C or northern from london bridge?

Circle but I doubt any will be close to full on the weekend. The better route I think would be via Victoria — the Euston Square walk is unnecessary in the rain, and the Bank branch is very slow.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
I always rely on getting to Euston, StPancras or Kings-Cross from East Croydon via Victoria for speed. This is because there are more trains to Victoria AND the Victoria line is less stops, fast and frequent.

However I will use the Thameslink service if I have time as I like the single train from East Croydon to StPancras so no connections (which imply extra risk and walking) and no tube. Its also £3.20 with no £2.40 to be paid for the tube ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.