• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Favourite alcoholic drink

What's your favourite type of alcoholic drink?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbornite

Established Member
Seeing as we've had a thread for soft drinks, why not have a thread for alcohol as well?

There are too many options for individual beverages so I've decided to have a handful of categories.

For me, beers and real ales are my favorite categories, with Hobgoblin being my favorite real ale. I also like Wychwood brewery's other products such as Goliath and hot cross bunny.

Doombar is alright, fursty ferret and Cwtch are quite nice, as are some of Holden's brews. Budweiser and stellar are awful in my opinion, absolute ****water.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harbornite

Established Member
Cider is a glaring omission and instead of "Guinness's" it should be Stout.

My bad. How the hell could I forget cider? I'd appreciate it if the mods could make these changes.

Last edited:

cb a1

Williams Bros make my favourite drink. Midnight Sun: A rich dark porter.

Established Member
There's a few types of alcohol I like, but I generally like a good beer or lager whenever I have a drink. I also drink wine (usually when eating fish), whiskey and rum occasionally, although it depends what I feel like having.

me123

Established Member
I'm a red wine drinker. The heavier the better. Perhaps not to everyone's tastes. Will drink any reasonable quality wine though. Also drink cider, and occasionally a decent quality ale. I'm not a big drinker all in all to be fair.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I'm another red wine drinker. I favour a Malbec, but there's plenty of other lovely varieties out there. I rarely get to have a bottle, as my partner doesn't like red and a bottle is a little more than I should be drinking alone.

I'm also a fan of real ales!

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Now this is a proper thread. Although I'm not sure why ale is different from "beer".

Gutfright

I'll usually have a screwdriver (vodka & orange) as an eye-opener for breakfast.

I'll have some Irish coffees throughout the day.

I try to match my meals with either lager, cider or wine, depending on what I'm eating.

I usually have a few strong Polish lagers to relax in the evening.

A whiskey or two as a nightcap to help me get to sleep.

DaleCooper

Established Member
I'll usually have a screwdriver (vodka & orange) as an eye-opener for breakfast.

I'll have some Irish coffees throughout the day.

I try to match my meals with either lager, cider or wine, depending on what I'm eating.

I usually have a few strong Polish lagers to relax in the evening.

A whiskey or two as a nightcap to help me get to sleep.

You're forgetting the overnight intravenous drip of brandy.

djpontrack

Real ale is what I normally go for. Last week I was on a trip to Kent and visited quite a few micropubs. I had some excellent ales from Old Dairy brewery, Gadds, and Four Candles to name just a few.

richw

Veteran Member
This sums my preference, but not a mass production, plenty of farms down here brew there own, but I can't vote as its been omitted

[youtube]lzGkB6YO9Yc[/youtube]

A captain Morgan's spiced with Coke goes down nicely as well

Last edited:

Harbornite

Established Member
I see that the mods have added cider to the poll, whoever did this has my gratitude. Would I be able to modify my own poll?

Waldgrun

Now this is a proper thread. Although I'm not sure why ale is different from "beer".

Ales in the past where brewed without hops, beers however where brewed with hops, hence mild ale and bitter beer!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I see that the mods have added cider to the poll, whoever did this has my gratitude. Would I be able to modify my own poll?

Perhaps they also should have added, any drink paid for by someone else!:l

Iskra

Established Member
Either a pint of Timothy Taylor's Boltmaker or a bottle of Peroni red label, much smoother and more natural tasting than the regular stuff.

SS4

Established Member
This is also a multiple selection poll which seems odd when asking for an absolute favourite (pun intended)

In lieu of cocktails and liqueurs I've gone for spirits and lager although quite why la fée verte isn't classed as a spirit I'm unsure

Established Member
Beer of any form, apart from stout or the awful mainstream lager brands (Carlsberg, Stella et al), although I tend to lean more towards ale than lager. My favourite style of beer has to be the Belgian trappist beers, Rochefort 8 being a personal favourite!

Last edited:

WestCoast

Established Member
All kinds of ales, stouts and decent lagers. I really like Czech plisener and Bavarian wheat beer if pushed for my favourites.

Apart from that a decent gin.

cactustwirly

Established Member
I'm quite fussy when it comes to beers (I hate most lagers) but I like Cerveza, Pils, light Ales and Weißbier.

I also like a bit of Riesling

Harbornite

Established Member
I should add that Corona is alright, in Berlin I tried the Pilsner of that name and it was crap.
This is also a multiple selection poll which seems odd when asking for an absolute favourite (pun intended)

In lieu of cocktails and liqueurs I've gone for spirits and lager although quite why la fée verte isn't classed as a spirit I'm unsure

That's for those who can't choose a favourite.

In this thread, anything goes (as long as it's vaguely on topic)
PROPER northern mens ale - not this namby pamby hipster beardy "craft ale" sillyness.

I take it you don't like Brewdog then? There's another brewery I'd recommend, although they haven't snatched the crown from Wychwood (my favourite brewery)

Butts

Veteran Member
I should add that Corona is alright, in Berlin I tried the Pilsner of that name and it was crap.

That's for those who can't choose a favourite.

In this thread, anything goes (as long as it's vaguely on topic)

I take it you don't like Brewdog then? There's another brewery I'd recommend, although they haven't snatched the crown from Wychwood (my favourite brewery)

Brewdog being a Scottish Company is far to Northern for a faux Darlingtonite
residing in Buckinghamshire :p

TheEdge

Established Member
Ale, especially the product of Sharp's, Doombar and Wolf Rock are the best. Sea Fury I find reasonable, Atlantic is not to my taste.

That and a decent gin.

Status
Not open for further replies.