• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FCC Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

U51

Hi, wonder if anyone can shed any light please? Have just noticed on the FCC site a vacancy:
Train Presentation Team Leader (Nights).
£16,667 + Allowance.
I'm not interested in applying but found it curious that this to me is a poor wage for a position of responsibility as well as being permanent nights unless of course the 'Allowance' is of some significance.
While I'm at it could the educated please explain the 'GPR' as in:
Dispatch/Trainside Duties, Station Presentation & Customer Service (GPR).
Apologies for my ignorance but I'd rather ask than guess.
Many Thanks,
Regards,
U51

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
GPR typically stands for General Purpose Relief, although I cannot comment on whether FCC means this.

With regards to the role itself, it is quite low for the railway, but seems to me a fair wage given it exceeds the living wage, and the responsibilities seem to only be over other staff, rather than having any budgetary, etc. responsibilities.

spurs4life

As previously mentioned you will only be in charge of the cleaners in the out depots.you will get night allowance on top of the basic wage.
And yes gpr does mean general purpose relief.

U51

OK, that clears things up, if I am correct I am of the belief the FCC shift allowance is about 3-4k p.a ? taking this amount up to about 20k, in my opinion
still not great for nights, but then again I'm not applying.
Thanks for the response & explanations.
Regards,
U51

Status
Not open for further replies.