• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

February Storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotGG

Established Member
but TfL do not want to, and will not, take over Brighton Mainline, West London, Oxted, Redhill, Mainline West, Mainline East, Coastway West, Coastway West or Gatwick Express routes; it'l only ever be most of the Metro routes shown here.

And won't include Thameslink either. See: the extensive thread on the recent announcement for more.

You've wrote a load of Southern routes. The conversation was about Southeastern and I was referring to metro

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Evacuation of train made with Fire Service assistance for passengers to join coaches. 57303 (Sleeper Loco) went to assist damaged set but eventually the 221 moved to Laira under own power to turn on the triangle. Being attached to rear 1M83 at Plymouth to get home eventually at Central Rivers.

Not attaching 1M83 as the inward terminated Bristol TM. Probably move tomorrow now

Sunset route

Established Member
1G/2D seem to be running now, with at least 3x 1Gxxs on the Marshlink and adjoining routes at present + 3x 2Dxx out there. 2Lxx still suspended.

The eye is in the detail as I said "2Lxxs/2Dxxs Brighton to Lewes & vice versa", not 2Dxxs Brighton to Ore & vice versa.

The Ashford's 1Gxxs were suspended to & from Brighton, whether they resumed form Eastbourne or Hastings I didn't know, not my part of railway. :D

PS I was the one pushing the buttons at Brighton & Hove :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Cliftonville Spur (Preston Park-Hove) closed.

What again? I had that closed earlier in the morning with traction supply problems trapping 1H11.

Last edited:

D1009

Established Member
Not attaching 1M83 as the inward terminated Bristol TM. Probably move tomorrow now
I'm currently on 1M83 from Exeter, a 220. I deduce it was formed off 1V50 which arrived at Plymouth 219 late. 1V50 is normally an HST, so I presume there must have been a set swop somewhere.

Last edited:

sbt

2P66 stuck at Liphook waiting for the Portsmouth Direct to be cleared. 1.5hrs and told we should move 'soon'. Can't be soon enough as bloke in my carriage is starting to 'kick off' - getting violent with the fixtures and fittings.

... now moving

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I'm currently on 1M83 from Exeter, a 220. I deduce it was formed off 1V50 which arrived at Plymouth 219 late. 1V50 is normally an HST, so I presume there must have been a set swop somewhere.

Just about every set must have been swapped on that route to keep things going today :) !!!

Last edited:

tsr

Established Member
The eye is in the detail as I said "2Lxxs/2Dxxs Brighton to Lewes & vice versa", not 2Dxxs Brighton to Ore & vice versa.

The Ashford's 1Gxxs were suspended to & from Brighton, whether they resumed form Eastbourne or Hastings I didn't know, not my part of railway. :D

PS I was the one pushing the buttons at Brighton & Hove :D

What again? I had that closed early in the morning with traction supply problems trapping 1H11.

Yes, Cliftonville was closed this afternoon as well. Block taken on the Northbound line, but unsure exactly why. Apologies for the confusion re. the Brighton-Lewes route; I'm familiar with it but don't sign it at present, so I was just writing what I saw popping up onto my screen at various points without really remembering how the service/headcode groups work!

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
There was footage on the BBC news at 6 of a XC Voyager being evacuated lineside somewhere, the location was unclear

Just seen that on the news again, along with the photo of the "amphibious 158" at Dovey Junction that was posted upthread. I think the Voyager was the Bodmin one from this morning.

LBSCR Times

Last time I checked Brighton was a city (with Hove) and London was a city, so anything running between them must surely be inter-city. Brighton is certainly a much nicer place to be than either Portsmouth or Southampton - but that wasn't the point being made.

And with 8 trains an hour to London, in the off-peak, far busier than Southampton or Portsmouth are.
Never mind the traffic on the east and west coast....

But today, it was only 4 trains an hour to London!!

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Now hearing that the obstruction on the line at London Bridge is actually part of the roof.

EDIT: Removed very rapidly. Lines should open soon.

The same sort of thing happened at Worcester Park this morning; a small part of the station roof ended up on the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.