• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Feeling flat after mmi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driver2B

I thought I had prepared ok for my MMI, but didn't think my examples would be anything outstanding. One of the I had put down to use I was told wouldn't be good enough and to think of something else, which is a great help from the guy running it, but I felt like I'd be doomed with the less applicable answer I gave. After the MMI I kept going through and thinking of things that I'd completely forgotten to mention that would have been relevant, and was sure I'd doomed myself.
I forget how many weeks I was waiting for the call now, it might not have been too long, but when I picked up I already had the sinking feeling and was waiting to hear that I hadn't got it so I could move on and plan what to do next. There was a long pause once they said "Following your MMI we'd like to offer you a job" as my brain processed what they'd actually said.
No matter how much worrying you do about it after it's all done, that's no indicator of how it'll turn out.

And well done on getting through!

I had the same thing! I'd actually not expected them to tell me that I had been successful!

I think they like to tell you that one of your answers is not good enough to see how you cope with stress and responding to change - they seem to do it a lot based on what people say on here!

Anyway, congrats on your MMI and job - hope you're enjoying it!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tommy222256

I had the same thing! I'd actually not expected them to tell me that I had been successful!

I think they like to tell you that one of your answers is not good enough to see how you cope with stress and responding to change - they seem to do it a lot based on what people say on here!

Yeah exactly what I got on Monday, one was not good enough so think of another!!!

Matt85

I’ve got second lot of assessments and interviews on the 16th, it sounds gruelling!!

Tommy222256

I’ve got second lot of assessments and interviews on the 16th, it sounds gruelling!!
It’s not gruelling mate, take your time on the test but don’t spend to much on one question and just move on. On the MMI have a list of examples that will fit numerous questions and stay calm and talk slowly and you will be all good!

Matt85

Cheers, are they anything like the practice ones they send out? I decided not to practice the ones for the first lot of tests so in theory I’d have a clear head. Worked well but I don’t think it’ll be like that next time

Tommy222256

Cheers, are they anything like the practice ones they send out? I decided not to practice the ones for the first lot of tests so in theory I’d have a clear head. Worked well but I don’t think it’ll be like that next time
It will be the computer ones so just look at them to give you an idea of what they are but can’t really practice them. I would practice some MMI Questions and just set your answer out in your head Covering the key words. My interviewer stopped me after each section of the STAR numonic so didn’t give
Me chance to say it all in that order in one go!

Matt85

It will be the computer ones so just look at them to give you an idea of what they are but can’t really practice them. I would practice some MMI Questions and just set your answer out in your head Covering the key words. My interviewer stopped me after each section of the STAR numonic so didn’t give
Me chance to say it all in that order in one go!

Do they use set questions do you know?

MDCW

Completed all assessments and MMI...although relieved, I feel absolutely drained, and exhausted and flat.

Feel like I have cocked up the MMI...at the time I thought I was doing ok, now major doubts have crept in.

It is what it is...just dredding the wait for any kind of news good or bad.

Sure there are many in this situation or many who have been here

All the best have a great weekend

PM'ed you

Donnadwb

Got my MMI next week!! My dmi was cancelled last week with a few days notice, but then phoned back within an hour and invited me to the MMI first. I was hoping for my dmi first.
MMI info says another situation judgement test first, then the questions, does anyone know if they ask for any info on the toc?

Marc5203

No, They are just questions regarding various situations. This part of the test is not a pass or fail, but your answers will be used in the MMI.

Be warned, I was interviewed for an hour and 45 minutes and was told to change one of my answers which was a perfectly good answer but apparently this is one of the things they will do to test you.

Marvin1979

how did the MMI go Donna? did you pass?

QUOTE="Donnadwb, post: 3942327, member: 64754"]Got my MMI next week!! My dmi was cancelled last week with a few days notice, but then phoned back within an hour and invited me to the MMI first. I was hoping for my dmi first.
MMI info says another situation judgement test first, then the questions, does anyone know if they ask for any info on the toc?[/QUOTE]

Tommy222256

Nah mate, just had the interview pass email to say I’m in a pool but no mention of medical!

Status
Not open for further replies.