• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Felix, Huddersfields station cat features on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Transpennine Express adopted senior pest controller at Huddersfield, Felix the cat, featured on Cbeebies "My pet and me" today. Program will no doubt be repeated on daytime TV tomorrow but can also be found on BBC iPlayer and on catchup apps.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Transpennine Express adopted senior pest controller at Huddersfield, Felix the cat, featured on Cbeebies "My pet and me" today. Program will no doubt be repeated on daytime TV tomorrow but can also be found on BBC iPlayer and on catchup apps.

Is that a show you watch often, 50?

I have to admit i was in heaven with all those pacers on screen, but I did have one problem with it - since when do DMUs produce soot in vast amounts as suggested? Still, I was surprised at how calm she was during the shave.

Of course, since when was it possible to get a direct HUD - WVH service?

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It may be a show his kids watch often ;)

I thought it was good for its target audience (up to 6 year olds). In that context, it's too fussy to moan at the choice of the word "soot"; the point still stands! ;)

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
It may be a show his kids watch often ;)

I thought it was good for its target audience (up to 6 year olds). In that context, it's too fussy to moan at the choice of the word "soot"; the point still stands! ;)

Oh, there is truth in that, yorkie...

It was a nice piece, it is just that the perfectionist in me took exception to some things

johntea

Established Member
I've never seen Felix :( does she stay somewhere in the station overnight or does she have a 'home' to go to?

The show must have taken forever to film, working with children and animals together :D

AntoniC

Thanks for the link to the programme, I really enjoyed it !.

Felix looked quite at home on the station, but she sure didnt look like she was enjoying her shampoo & set !

Holmevalley

I've never seen Felix :( does she stay somewhere in the station overnight or does she have a 'home' to go to?

The show must have taken forever to film, working with children and animals together :D

She works at night and sleeps during the day!

The award for the best supporting role must go to the Pacers in Platform 2, they will be missed;)

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
err.... no!

I usually have sky arts, SyFy or Nat Geo on personally, thats unless Im playing Skyrim on the PS4!
since when do DMUs produce soot in vast amounts as suggested?
Diesel produces soot although not as much as steam did. Look for the distinctive black circles that just so happens to line up with the 185 exhaust on the station roof. Wouldnt suprise me of course if some areas havent been cleaned since steam days tho...

Bear in mind the market audience it was a nice little program. Spotted the BBCs vain attempt to remove company logos off Felix namebadge which kept disappearing and reappearing. Wish they wouldnt insist on using that same horn sound effect every time a train appeared tho.....

Have a feeling the 14:30 Liverpool service at the end might have been me. I remember that train being filmed and its one of the trains I cover reguarly. Couldnt see me tho...

Last edited by a moderator:

Crossover

Established Member
I gave it a watch given it was about Felix - I thought it was pretty well put together given the audience it was aimed at and I thought showed the station generally quite well too

In response to the other comment, I hadn't twigged that they'd tried to remove the logo from Felix's name badge. I wonder if they had done the same with 185108 (I think it was) which was very grey on the side! (though given this, it has been recently filmed as the new livery hasn't been around for all that long)

Butts

Veteran Member

And in what way is this post not related to the Station Cats thread that you have contributed to:idea:

SGB1953

Thanks. I thought this looked quite a good programme for those of the right age, and hopefully will interest some in railways. Huddersfield station looked very nice! I hope to visit it some time.

One train seemed to be going through without stopping. Are there services which go through without stopping?

Crossover

Established Member
One train seemed to be going through without stopping. Are there services which go through without stopping?

Only freight, ECS and the odd TPE between Manchester and Sheffield via Huddersfield (one a way a day I think) I believe. There was one where the TPE was passing a Pacer - if that's the one you refer to, the TPE would have left Pl 1 and the Pacer was leaving Pl 2 towards Sheffield

Groningen

Established Member
That cat has even an own Facebook page. That will lighten things up when a train has a delay or is cancelled. As far as I know no cats (or dogs) to be found on Dutch railway stations. Just the normal birds!

Oh; i see why he is there!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...Senior-Pest-Controller-new-uniform-badge.html

...A beloved moggie who has spent almost five years patrolling a West Yorkshire railway station has been given a promotion for her dedication to her job.

Felix, a black-and-white cat, has been named Senior Pest Controller and given a new high-vis jacket and a name badge by TransPennine Express.

She has been working at Huddersfield Railway Station since 2011, catching mice, making friends with commuters on a daily basis and getting paid in cat treats....

Last edited by a moderator:

SGB1953

Only freight, ECS and the odd TPE between Manchester and Sheffield via Huddersfield (one a way a day I think) I believe. There was one where the TPE was passing a Pacer - if that's the one you refer to, the TPE would have left Pl 1 and the Pacer was leaving Pl 2 towards Sheffield

Thanks for taking the trouble to explain this.

Status
Not open for further replies.