• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Feltham Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

astraboy

well I've just been over the slewed track (at 20 miles an hour) and we're now on our way to twickenham. The train is running about 20 minutes late due to signal failure at the slewed point in both directions. The guard also said the rail conditions are the worst this year and we're stuck behind an earlier broken down train.
But we are moving and fair play to the workmen, the amount of vehicles at the point of damage meant they must have been putting their backs into it. .
Astraboy.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mr. Neutron

Remember 'this is the age of the train'. You get these problems when you 'sweat the assets' I think the current flooding problems will highlight a huge backlog of bridge problems both road and railway.

Feltham probably is the tip of the iceberg.

mickymini

It would be a lot easier if the Western Chord (Avoiding Line) at Virginia Water was still in existence, but it's not.

Any idea how long ago this was removed? I pass this area often and visualise trains going over this section.

DepotCat

I see that the new bridge is complete and sleepers have been put down ready for the new track.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The new track over the new bridge should be operational today 14-2-2010.

Last edited:

Dstock7080

Established Member
The DOWN was finally restored to the correct alignment after the engineering works on Sunday 25 April.

boing_uk

Sorry for the bump in this thread but its kind of related...

http://visboo.com/very-dangerous-bridge.html

I am assuming that the axle load of a freight car in the US is a but more than what we have in the US? Still, either way, I dont think I would particularly relish the prospect of traversing that rickety looking structure.

robvulpes

RAIB report into the bridge collapse now available:-

<http://www.raib.gov.uk/cms_resources/100923_R172010_Feltham.pdf>

[sorry if this isn't clickable directly - security measures on office IT network!]

Status
Not open for further replies.