• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Female Railfans (and why dating is difficult)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clip

Established Member
Someone on another forum told me exactly what you have in relation to my neighbour - note that she's a Muslim ;)

Eh? You dont even know me!

Aye that blurb seems alright for the audience its aimed at though I would take out this sentence

Maybe I could show you something special about somewhere special?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
What do you think?
That's an alright intro, short and sweet and gives enough info.

But, you'll only know if it works if you get somewhere with it!

I also recommend OKCupid as you don't need to pay and can send and receive messages.

Ivo

Established Member
Eh? You dont even know me!

The person I mentioned on "another forum" is American ;)

Aye that blurb seems alright for the audience its aimed at though I would take out this sentence

Done. I have also merged the second and third paragraphs.

That's an alright intro, short and sweet and gives enough info.

Thank you. Apparently profile text has to be moderated first, as do photos, so it won't appear straight away. The photo is up as well now, and it basically matches what I mentioned before - as per my profile pic, but with cropping around the face and a brighter colour.

^ Now done.

Last edited:

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
I'm on plentyoffish and so far I've not had much luck. Only joined because my last girlfriend and I split up and she told me she never wants to see me again. Good job we finished as it felt like she tried to change me for the worse according to what family said.

I'm usually the one in my family who has problems with women so its no wonder she turned out wrong. Sometimes I wish I was still with her but sometimes I don't. It don't help when friends take the Michael about it.

I've started talking to this lady a few years younger than me but I don't feel I'm getting anywhere. Even my work colleagues ain't interested in me according to them!

Clip

Established Member
I'm sure they do Trainbasher they're probably taking the mick when they say that.

Keep on with the online thing and the lass you're on about but don't seem pushy or needed as can put them off a bit. But don't let a few bad experiences get you down - they have happened to us all in the past!

Last edited:

Butts

Veteran Member
I'm sure they do Trackbasher they're probably taking the mick when they say that.

Keep on with the online thing and the lass you're on about but don't seem pushy or needed as can put them off a bit. But don't let a few bad experiences get you down - they have happened to us all in the past!

His name is Trainbasher....

Is he appearing anonymously on POF or has he added a shot of his "boat race"

Clip

Established Member
His name is Trainbasher....

Is he appearing anonymously on POF or has he added a shot of his "boat race"

Was writing that on me phone so read the name wrong :oops:

Should always have a pic of your face on dating sites!

Trainbasher - have you been activley searching the profiles and messaging them? If not then that may be the problem

Butts

Veteran Member
Was writing that on me phone so read the name wrong :oops:

Should always have a pic of your face on dating sites!

On some of them if you remain "blacked" people request a "private message" with a photo. The danger of advertising his boat is that someone he knows may see it and take the mick - he's wound up enough already.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Lol I have a account on there. I've messaged a few people on there but I've only had one reply which I'm working on the person. I got one of my female friends (who's engaged to another friend who I've known both for about 10 years) to give it the once over just to pick up on the bits that requires improving and what's ok.

Kernowfem

For those who are looking for a leading lady in their life (Ivo, Techniquest), just remember this ....

HOW TO MAKE A WOMAN HAPPY
It's not difficult to make a woman happy. A man only needs to be:

1. a friend
2. a companion
3. a lover
4. a brother
5. a father
6. a master
7. a chef
8. an electrician
9. a carpenter
10. a plumber
11. a mechanic
12. a decorator
13. a stylist
14. a sexologist
15. a gynecologist
16. a psychologist
17. a pest exterminator
18. a psychiatrist
19. a healer
20. a good listener
21. an organizer
22. a good father
23. very clean
24. sympathetic
25. athletic
26. warm
27. attentive
28. gallant
29. intelligent
30. funny
31. creative
32. tender
33. strong
34. understanding
35. tolerant
36. prudent
37. ambitious
38. capable
39. courageous
40. determined
41. true
42. dependable
43. passionate
44. compassionate

WITHOUT FORGETTING TO:
45. give her compliments regularly
46. love shopping
47. be honest
48. be very rich
49. not stress her out
50. not look at other girls

AND AT THE SAME TIME, YOU MUST ALSO:
51. give her lots of attention, but expect little yourself
52. give her lots of time, especially time for herself
53. give her lots of space, never worrying about where she goes

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT:
54. Never to forget:
* birthdays
* anniversaries
* arrangements she makes

Whoa there boy!! For some women i dare say this list would be required. But speaking for myself i only require three things.

1. Loyalty
2. Respect
3. Manners.

Not all women want the world, just someone decent caring and kind to share their lives :)

newbie babs

Dating sites, it helps to be able to speak to people first, when you have the confidence then I don`t think you need a dating site.

The old saying "when you least expect to find someone, you find someone" has happened to two of my sons.

Dennis

Established Member
Found my partner on Plenty of Fish, now living together :D

I thought the whole experience on there was good - spent a while searching and browsing, chatted to several lovely ladies and although most didn't float my boat for one reason or another, after a couple of months I did find one.

The one thing I didn't do was rely on the suggested 'best matches' - few of them were really suitable, found the best way of using PoF was just browse the profiles after filtering by age and area.

The great thing about PoF is the sheer number of people on there; really is someone for everyone. I was always totally honest about what I wanted from the relationship; this was important as it saved a lot of wasted time and effort - sounds a bit cruel, but it's dead easy to bin someone online.

theblackwatch

Established Member
The person I mentioned on "another forum" is American ;)

Done. I have also merged the second and third paragraphs.

Thank you. Apparently profile text has to be moderated first, as do photos, so it won't appear straight away. The photo is up as well now, and it basically matches what I mentioned before - as per my profile pic, but with cropping around the face and a brighter colour.

^ Now done.

So have you had any joy so far? I'd been expecting an update, perhaps you've been too busy? ;)

Ivo

Established Member
As soon as I saw someone had posted in this thread I knew exactly what it would be about!

After using the Uni one as a "test-bed", a few days ago I decided to jump to one of the big boys - specifically OKCupid, as per starrymarkb's "suggestion". The best local match I have seen is 95% (I have few 99% matches elsewhere on Earth :shock:), but apparently said girl is "very selective". I have had a few girls look at my profile (something like ten from the first couple of days), which is better than nothing, with the highest match being 85%. But no messages yet - probably because I have only sent two myself to date, and also because my profile page is still not what I would call "perfect".

Meanwhile, I can't help but feel that my neighbour in my Halls might have developed some feelings for me. She broke up with her old boyfriend a couple of weeks ago and ever since then she and I have been very "touchy-feely", and much closer than ever before - to that point that I fell asleep in her bed a few days ago! :shock:

Oh, and I've found a few girls with whom I score 100% for Enemy :lol:

Nym

Established Member
Maybe he is just resisting complaining about being single...

Ninja'd!

Why not see what happens more locally? Or is it a social mine field engaging in coitus with someone at university?

Ivo

Established Member
Maybe he is just resisting complaining about being single...

Nice try ;) On that subject though, I already have my "Resolution" plan for 2013 lined up...

Why not see what happens more locally? Or is it a social mine field engaging in coitus with someone at university?

This is a fair point. Over the Summer, I could feel an increasing need to blurt out in anger at being single, but managed to not do so (thereby not failing my Resolution, given it never escaped my mouth). Now though, after all the goings-on in November...!

Actually, let's make that a challenge. If I can (kind of) ask a girl out once, I can do it again - so the challenge is to try it a second time before my birthday (assuming of course a realistic opportunity arises, which in all honesty isn't as unlikely as I might otherwise believe). Allowing for my birthday being Easter Sunday next year however, the realistic deadline would be one day early - i.e. March 30th. I do have a plan or two for next year...!

Oh, and a search indicates that your post was only the second in RUK history to use the word "coitus" (this being the third). The first is here :p

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
I've given up looking for a bit and decided to concentrate on making my career better first. Better having some decent cash than being broke all the time.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
My good lady wife of 37 years standing has seen this thread and laughing out loud, said that at the age of 67, I am far too old to be dating female rail fans and that the Quiz Forum would be a better source of amusement..:D:D

Does she mean that I am past it :oops:

Nym

Established Member
My good lady wife of 37 years standing has seen this thread and laughing out loud, said that at the age of 67, I am far too old to be dating female rail fans and that the Quiz Forum would be a better source of amusement..:D:D

Does she mean that I am past it :oops:

Hey, if I feel like I'm past it at 24, then I'm sure that in your 60s you're allowed to feel past it. Still, I've never been in with the whole liking females thing, so maybe the timescales are different.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
I'm ashamed to say that I've just had a rather dirty conversation on Facebook with an American friend :oops:
Eh, where's the shame in that? Just wait until you do the walk of shame in front of your Uni house mates. Beer goggles are lethal at times! Happy (and painful :oops:) memories of student life in Manchester in the 80's!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Actually, let's make that a challenge. If I can (kind of) ask a girl out once, I can do it again - so the challenge is to try it a second time before my birthday (assuming of course a realistic opportunity arises, which in all honesty isn't as unlikely as I might otherwise believe). Allowing for my birthday being Easter Sunday next year however, the realistic deadline would be one day early - i.e. March 30th. I do have a plan or two for next year...!

What do you mean "kind of"? You either did or you didn't and it sounds like you did! Well good for you. If a girl rejects your advances then so what, look for someone else that you fancy.

I'm 27 and have rarely been without a girlfiend since I was about 14.

I've never seen my interest in railways as any kind of problem. I do the same as most lads my age, go on lads holidays, get boozed up, watch my football team home and away etc etc. Just because you are interested in trains and stuff doesn't make you a spotty, strange geek in rubbish shoes and a bad coat.

I mean look at Star Trek and sci fi shows, I hate all that nonsense and can't understand how anyone can find it interesting. It doesn't mean I think the fans of it are geeky mentalists though.

Status
Not open for further replies.