• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW for £10 at Weekends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone who holds a monthly or longer season ticket on First Great Western is entitled to a Standard Day Return ticket for £10 (First Day Return for £20) for any travel on any FGW route/train on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays between 5 July & 28 September.

The offer allows the season ticket holder, plus one other adult to travel for the above mentioned prices, each. Up to four children can travel for half the above fares, each, with each season ticket holder.

Anyone who currently has an eligible season ticket should recieve a letter with a voucher (and some free car parking tickets too!), but if you're a new customer or want to make additional journeys you can download one from http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/takeafriend.

Does anyone know if there is a cheaper monthly season than Clifton Down - Bristol Temple Meads, which is £23.10?

Edit: Liam has informed me that an Exeter Ctl - Exeter St Davids monthly is £16.60.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Going pretty much totally off-topic, Goldcards are good too. You get (at least on SWT) six free tickets that effectively work as all-network day rovers. For example say I wanted to go to Dawlish for the weekend, I could travel for free from Woking/Basing to Dawlish on the Saturday and back on the Sunday and take up to two others with me (provided they travel with me and the Goldcard). Of course we could also do it first class for a fiver each way by getting an upgrade each.

£10 (each) first class weekend away to Devon by train.... nice :p

Or if you like units you could just do as much SWT coverage as you can fit into a day (with up to 5 others travelling with you) ;)

will1337

It says an SDR in there so presumably that is just for journeys that have an SDR normally ie not terribly far? Or is it between any two FGW stations regardless of distance?

devon_metro

Established Member
It says an SDR in there so presumably that is just for journeys that have an SDR normally ie not terribly far? Or is it between any two FGW stations regardless of distance?

No. Valid from any FGW stations to any FGW stations. Paddington-Penzance could be achieved via Bristol for example. There is nothing that says it is a SDR on the FGW website.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It says a Standard day return (ie: Standard class, day return) and not Standard Day Return, it's valid for any FGW train journey on their route map.

PS: If you intend on using this offer and found my original post useful, please leave reputation ;)

will1337

Surely Paddington - Penzance direct would also be possible?

Mojo said:
It says a Standard day return (ie: Standard class, day return) and not Standard Day Return, it's valid for any FGW train journey on their route map.
Aye Mojo. Also, reputation left for you and Liam.

FGW Site said:
You and a friend pay just £10 each for a Standard Class day return - or £20 each for First Class day return
Must have read it too quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.