• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW Hereford - Paddington

Status
Not open for further replies.

andypops

Hi,

I would like some information of the FGW Hereford - Paddington (direct) trains [other valid routes are via Newport (using ATW) or Worcester (using LM)]

Specifically, I would like to know the stock used (I have only ever seen HSTs, with the occasional Networker substitution; although apparently 180s are more common?) Is there any rhyme or reason to the stock used?

Also, purely out of interest, does anybody know the headcodes of these services?

All the best,

Andy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
All the trains which run through to Hereford are worked by hst's only the short workings to Worcester/Great Malvern would get a class 165/166 or even the class 180's

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
180s are not out yet, so all HSTs unless the 165/166 subs in. Headcodes to London are 1Pxx headcodes.

Cheers,

James.

andypops

Briliant info guys, thanks very much for the prompt and informative answers :D

Norman

About three years ago I got on a Networker from Hereford to Evesham. I felt sorry for the people who were going from Hereford to Paddington on it!

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
The FGW timetable has details on which services are worked by what stock. One service on a Sunday is worked by a 166.
Before December 11th: http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Documents/Custom/SEPT 2011 TT/TT19_WEB_V1.pdf
After December 11th: http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Documents/Custom/1 PTT DEC 2011/GWTT19.pdf

Headcodes are 1Pxx towards London and 1Wxx away.

Am I reading far more Hereford to London services from Dec 2011, I did not know about the late night service Hereford to Paddington.

Bob

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Am I reading far more Hereford to London services from Dec 2011, I did not know about the late night service Hereford to Paddington.

Bob

After 1200 M-F the only services from Hereford-Paddington direct that I can see are the 1314, 1514 and 2151, which are the same both before and after the timetable change. The Cotswold line redoubling actually had very little effect west of Moreton-in-Marsh / Evesham.

Status
Not open for further replies.