• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW now selling Rovers and Rangers online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I think they are certainly the first to offer the ALR online.

However, I can't see any products coming up on that link - just a blank space. Is it just me?

adtrainz

You have to use the search on the left hand side.

Worryingly, when attempting to purchase anything, I am advised that there are no delivery options!

wintonian

Established Member
I think they are certainly the first to offer the ALR online.

However, I can't see any products coming up on that link - just a blank space. Is it just me?

No it's not just you and they don't appear to sell the FoSS, freedom of Devon & Cornwall, or day rangers.

Ahh you have to select a rover then all the relevant rangers & rover magically appear - very simple and logical for average Jo(e) :roll:

barrykas

Established Member

If you choose the "All Line" option it comes up with "No products found" or something of that ilk. The other three options all come up with the relevant tickets though.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
If you choose the "All Line" option it comes up with "No products found" or something of that ilk. The other three options all come up with the relevant tickets though.

That's what I meant.

However, I see that if you select the start date for the ALR as today or tomorrow, the products will magically appear. Dates from January 1 and beyond seem to be barred as "no fares found".

John @ home

Established Member
they don't appear to sell the FoSS
Using the link in post #1, I can buy a £27.70 Railcard Freedom of Seven & Solent 3 days in 7 Rover starting in March 2013. Delivery is offered by post only, so make sure you leave a couple of weeks before the start date.

wintonian

Established Member
Using the link in post #1, I can buy a £27.70 Railcard Freedom of Seven & Solent 3 days in 7 Rover. Delivery is offered by post only, so make sure you leave a couple of weeks before the start date.

I worked that out eventualy as above.

But why can't I use ToD? 90% of the time I buy on the day in-case things change and I end up doing something else instead. Oh well back to usual queue wait while they find it and then convince them to sell it to me for the next train and that I'll take the risk over validity, then. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.