• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Aberdeen

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordan Adam

Established Member
While I concur with that I suspect there may be political reasons why First would not pull the plug on the BoD P&R
I can't see why there would be? Keep in mind First (and Stagecoach) already pulled services from Craibstone P&R due to very poor usage.

Even under the current route set up having the 1B bypass the P&R on weekdays would save a bus while removing the ridiculous 25 minutes of layover at Dubford, they've already done this at weekends.

Red Onion

I really do think the BoD P&R will cease to exist in its current form. There’s only ever a small handful of cars using it and as Jordan says, it could lead to operational savings if they stop serving it directly. A semi decent footpath from the site to Ellon Road would be a better use of the money and allow any motorists easy access to the plethora of services on Ellon Road.

I don’t really see where the market is for the site, there’s only really Blackdog, Balmedie and Pitmedden as Ellon is already served by the site up there (which has far better services). Anyone within BoD would likely use an existing service rather than drive to then take a bus.

Sad to say but I think it’s time to mothball it.

lachlan

I really do think the BoD P&R will cease to exist in its current form. There’s only ever a small handful of cars using it and as Jordan says, it could lead to operational savings if they stop serving it directly. A semi decent footpath from the site to Ellon Road would be a better use of the money and allow any motorists easy access to the plethora of services on Ellon Road.

I don’t really see where the market is for the site, there’s only really Blackdog, Balmedie and Pitmedden as Ellon is already served by the site up there (which has far better services). Anyone within BoD would likely use an existing service rather than drive to then take a bus.

Sad to say but I think it’s time to mothball it.
I can't imagine it being worthwhile to park and ride into Aberdeen, the roads aren't that busy (normally) and there's plenty of parking available

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Kingswells P&R has been doing better in recent years due to the poor service to the main suburb itself and the growing Countesswells development, however it is also much easier to serve. Bridge Of Don P&R is too out of the way for the 1/2 or Stagecoach services to serve, while there isn't demand for a high frequency service along that corridor to Dubford. In contrast with Kingswells P&R following the opening of the link road via PrimeFour it was pretty easy for Stagecoach to just divert Westhill services via the site.

Craibstone is arguably one of the biggest white elephants in Aberdeen when it comes to public transport. Millions spent on the site only for it to not have a single bus service only 3 years after opening and it doesn't come as much of a surprise, from my experience there is more electric car chargers at Craibstone than there ever was cars!

stevenedin

Registration of new services

FIRST ABERDEEN LTD, 395 KING STREET, ABERDEEN, AB24 5RP
To: Balnagask Circle
Via: Airyhall
Name or No.: 15 / 15B Service type: Normal Stopping Effective date: 03 July 2022 Other details: Daily

Applications to vary

Operating between Northfield (Howes Rd) and Woodend (Hazelhead Gardens) or Cragiebuckler (Cragiebuckler Ave) given service number 11 / 11A effective from 03 July 2022. To amend Route, Start & Finish Point, Stopping Places and Timetable.

Operating between Scatterburn, Manor Avenue and Hillhead of Seaton, Don Street given service number 13 effective from 03 July 2022. To amend Route and Timetable.

Operating between Dyce Shopping Centre and Faulds Gate Gardner Drive, Aberdeen given service number 17 / 172 / 17A effective from 03 July 2022. To amend Route and Timetable.

Operating between Dyce and Redmoss given service number 18 effective from 03 July 2022. To amend Route and Timetable.

Operating between Culter and Tillydrone given service number 19 effective from 03 July 2022. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

Operating between Guild Street and Hillhead of Seaton given service number 20 effective from 03 July 2022. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

Operating between Aberdeen, Summerhill and Heathryfold, Provost Rust Drive given service number 23 effective from 03 July 2022. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

Cancellation of services

Operating between Airyhall, Countesswells Ave and Airyhall, Counteswells Ave given service number 15 effective from 03 July 2022.

Last edited:

PG

Established Member
Operating between Dyce Shopping Centre and Faulds Gate Gardner Drive, Aberdeen given service number 17 / 172 / 17A effective from 03 July 2022. To amend Route and Timetable.
Is this a typo?

Also why cancel the 15 and register a new service instead of amending the registration?

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Is this a typo?

Also why cancel the 15 and register a new service instead of amending the registration?
No, the 172 is an evening variation of the 17A that operates via Holburn Junction instead of Ferryhill. It has existed for quite a number of years although prior to 2019 it was numbered 18A.

Deltic1961

Still haven't seen any of the original Streetdecks yet. Why have the mods taken so long considering at the time it was supposed to be a couple of weeks?

Who's picking up the cost of them being out of service and the subsequent "hire" of vehicles from Glasgow?

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Still haven't seen any of the original Streetdecks yet. Why have the mods taken so long considering at the time it was supposed to be a couple of weeks?

Who's picking up the cost of them being out of service and the subsequent "hire" of vehicles from Glasgow?
The E400MMCs went back to Glasgow a few weeks ago now. Aberdeen have enough in their fleet to cover the now with the new Streetdecks for the 17/18 being here.

They don’t seem in any great rush to return them to service.

Jordan Adam

Established Member

39701 and 39702 have returned in the past week. 39702 will probably be the first of those out as 39701 needs to sit its MOT test first. The rest should return at a steady pace over the next few weeks.

Deltic1961

Just a bit surprised. The vehicles are worth a lot of money and not being in service is costing someone .......

PG

Established Member
No, the 172 is an evening variation of the 17A that operates via Holburn Junction instead of Ferryhill. It has existed for quite a number of years although prior to 2019 it was numbered 18A.
Seems odd for a company which hasn't used 3 digit (as opposed to 1 or 2 digit plus letter suffix) numbers in a long while to randomly start now?

Volvodart

Established Member
The X27 was originally to be numbered 171.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/6/2022

The first of the original Streetdecks has returned to service after modification - 39709.

Last edited:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
39708 also returned to service today while 37636 is now in reserve pending transfer.

Good progress has been made on reinstating Enviro500 38223 which had been off for around three and a half years essentially acting as a parts donor due to the (now resolved) drive axle supply issues with it currently undergoing MOT prep. Likewise 38207 is also undergoing MOT prep with 38224 now having a new drive axle fitted so all E500s should be back in action fairly soon.

Whiteway215

Established Member
39708 also returned to service today while 37636 is now in reserve pending transfer.

Good progress has been made on reinstating Enviro500 38223 which had been off for around three and a half years essentially acting as a parts donor due to the (now resolved) drive axle supply issues with it currently undergoing MOT prep. Likewise 38207 is also undergoing MOT prep with 38224 now having a new drive axle fitted so all E500s should be back in action fairly soon.
Do you know where 37636 is transferring? Several of that batch have been cascaded to West of England and are in service in Bath.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Do you know where 37636 is transferring? Several of that batch have been cascaded to West of England and are in service in Bath.
Not too sure, as they've had Eminox conversions the four B9TLs will presumably have to stay in Scotland. I would've expect that they'd go to Glasgow to displace a few more B7TLs but that's just a speculative assumption.

Some Streetlites and B7RLEs are also expected to be departing the fleet with the overall fleetsize being reduced as Aberdeen at present has too many surplus vehicles.

stevenedin

Not too sure, as they've had Eminox conversions the four B9TLs will presumably have to stay in Scotland. I would've expect that they'd go to Glasgow to displace a few more B7TLs but that's just a speculative assumption.

Some Streetlites and B7RLEs are also expected to be departing the fleet with the overall fleetsize being reduced as Aberdeen at present has too many surplus vehicles.
No more StreetLites for Scotland East. Keep them away :p

Whiteway215

Established Member

Thank you.

Volvodart

Established Member
First would need to bear the cost of the recent conversion to Euro6 emissions, so it could go there if there are no other suitable Euro6 ones available for transfer.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member

I imagine the Streetlites will be for FSE given they’ve got so many already and it will help oust the older solars? It’ll be interesting to see what they do with the B7RLEs as some originally came from FSE. I wonder if they’ll go down south.

Volvodart

Established Member
It is the native 08 plates that are going, not the 07/57 plates that came from Midland.

Not sure which thread this would be best in but I wonder what the condition and mileage is like on the Aberdeen vehicles in comparison to the Scotland East vehicles?
As First Aberdeen looks to be completely urban/suburban operating territory, whereas FSE look to have a mix of urban, suburban and semi-rural routes.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Not sure which thread this would be best in but I wonder what the condition and milage is like on the Aberdeen vehicles in comparison to the Scotland East vehicles?
As First Aberdeen looks to be completely urban/suburban operating territory, whereas FSE look to have a mix of urban, suburban and semi-rural routes.
Not sure if it's much to go by but of the B7RLEs in Aberdeen the native ones are generally in better overall condition and more reliable than the Ex-FSE counterparts. 69294 in particular spends more time off the road than on it and has just returned from receiving its second engine rebuilt in 18 months. Similarly when Glasgow drivers have been up on loan they've often mentioned how Aberdeen's vehicles seem to be in better condition.
I imagine the Streetlites will be for FSE given they’ve got so many already and it will help oust the older solars? It’ll be interesting to see what they do with the B7RLEs as some originally came from FSE. I wonder if they’ll go down south.
69352-57 are the six B7RLEs quoted as transferring, however i wouldn't be surprised if that changes. I don't particularly understand why they've picked those six given two (69356/57) have not long been repainted but then First have had a trend lately of repainting buses and then transferring them soon after!

Volvodart

Established Member
They are the 6 newest ones by fleetnumber so that was how they were chosen, to prevent the depot choosing their worst buses to send.

Volvodart

Established Member
18/6/2022

There are now 4 of the older hydrogen buses in service 39702/4/8/9 with 39701 not being used yet. None came back from Wrightbus this week. Wrightbus has been using one of the unbranded ones there for publicity.

Intriguing, it would be a welcome frequency increase for journeys to the city centre (the 20 is currently half-hourly) though wouldn't be very convenient for campus unless you're going to MacRobert building.

15 is currently Airyhall-Beach, would this service be withdrawn?

No definite details available yet, but a driver I spoke to today said at one time the Seaton service was proposed to pass the Beach Retail Park, maybe that is what is happening now.

I was correct. Of note, First will no longer serve Sea Beach and Footdee on the 15 and Springhill on the 11. See:-

https://www.firstbus.co.uk/aberdeen/news-and-service-updates/union-street-reopening-2022

Union Street will be reopening from July 3rd​

Services 11/11A, 13, 15/15B, 17/17A/18/172, 19, 20 and 23 will operate minor timetable changes and routes.

Service​

Changes​

Details​

11/11A Northfield - Woodend/ CraigiebucklerMonday to Friday:
Services 11/11A EX: Northfield will now have 2 x 30 minutes.
First service 11 departs Northfield at 05:33 then 06:08 and every 30 minutes until 18:38.
First service 11A departs Northfield at 05:53 then every 30 minutes until 18:53.
After these departures service 11 will depart on current departure times to Woodend.
Service 11 EX:Woodend
First bus now departs 10 minutes earlier at 06:04 then 06:39, 07:08, 07:37 then every 30 minutes until 17:37.
Then 18:08, 18:39, 19:10 then as per current departures between 19:30 and 23:00.
Service 11 Ex Craigiebuckler:
First departure now 8 minutes later at 06:20 but still gets into the city centre earlier than current bus.
Next departures 06:50 07:20, 07:49 then every 30 minutes until 18:19.
The remaining departures are 18:56, 19:14 and 19:39.
Saturday:
Service 11 EX Northfield Every 30 minutes between 05:38 and 18:38.
Service 11A EX Northfield every 30 minutes between 09:23 and 18:53.
After these departures service 11 will depart on current departure times to Woodend.
First three departures are 06:19,06:49, 07:08 then match Monday to Friday departures between 07:37 and 17:07. Then 17::38, 18:08, 18:39, 19:10 then as per current departures between 19:30 and 23:00.
Service 11 Ex Craigiebuckler:
First departure now 8 minutes later at 07:20 but still gets into the city centre earlier than current bus.
Departures 07:20, 07:50 and 08:20 only go on service to Broad Street.
After that they are every 30 minutes between 08:49 and 17:19
The remaining departures are 17:46, 18:16, 18:56, 19:16 and 19:45.
Sunday:
Services 11/11A EX:Northfield
Will now have 2 X 60 minute frequencies with current departure times unchanged although every second departure is now service 11A.
No change to departures between 07:30 – 08:30 and 20:00 – 23:00 but now hourly between 09:15 and 19:15
Service 11A EX: Craigiebuckler
Will now departs earlier at 08:41 but now hourly between 08:41 and 18:41 with last bus 19:35.
Departures from Northfield (Monday to Saturday) will increase from currently every 20 minutes to every 15 minutes with 2 X 30 minutes frequencies serving Woodend and Craigiebuckler.
Both services 11 and 11A will follow the current routes from Northfield to Queens Road/ Anderson Drive, via whole length of Union Street, then service 11 will continue its current route to Woodend, and service 11A will serve Craigiebuckler via Anderson Drive, Seafield Road, Countesswells Rd, Springfield Road and Craigiebuckler Avenue in both directions providing quicker journeys to and from city centre.
Journeys to and from Northfield will now operate via Provost Fraser Dive, Byron Avenue, Brebner Terrace, Davidson Gardens and Howes Road in both directions.
13 Scatterburn -Seaton/Hillhead Of SeatonMonday to Friday
Ex Scatterburn all departures 06:04 until 17:15 are unchanged, then 17:35 18:00 and every 30 minutes until 23:00.
Ex Seaton first departure still 06:24 with minor amendments until 09:00 then every 20 minutes between 09:15 and 16:55. The remaining departures are 17:20, every 30 minutes between 17:53 and 19:23 and 19:52 – 22:52.
Ex Hillhead of Seaton every 30 minutes between 17:45 and 22:45.
Saturday:
Ex Scatterburn all departures 06:25 until 16:35 are unchanged, then 17:00 and every 30 minutes until 23:00.
Ex Seaton first departure still 06:24 then 06:50, 07:10, 07:53 every 30 minutes until 10:53, then every 20 minutes between 11:13 and 16:53. The remaining departures are every 30 minutes between 17:23 and 19:23 and 19:52 – 22:52.
Sunday:
Ex Scatterburn: First departure now 15 minutes earlier at 08:40 then every 30 minutes until 16:40 then 17:30 and every 30 minutes until 23:00.
Ex Seaton first departure 08:53 then every 30 minutes until 16:23, then every 30 minutes between 16:52 and 22:52.
Ex Hillhead Of Seaton every 30 minutes between 09:15 and 22:45.
No changes to frequencies.
Service 13 will continue to serve Bridge Street, Guild Street and Market Street in both directions.
After this service 13 will serve Seaton via Union Street, King Street, East North Street, Beach Boulevard, right into Links Road to Queens Links Leisure Park, Uturn at roundabout, Links Road, Urquhart Rd, the current route from Park Road.
Weekday evenings and all day Saturday and Sunday service 13 will extend to Hillhead of Seaton via Seaton Crescent, School Rd and Don Street to Hillhead Halls.
15/15B Countesswells -Balnagask CircleMonday to Friday
Service 15 Ex Balnagask Circle (formally service 20) Departs 06:40 07:05, 07:30 then every 30 minutes until 18:30.
Remaining departures are 19:15 (to Countesswells, and 19:45, 20:15 to Guild Street.
Service 15B EX Countesswells Departs every hourly between 20:00–23:00 on service to Guild Street.
Saturday:
Service 15 Ex Balnagask Circle (formally service 20) Departs 06:40, 07:30 then every 30 minutes until 18:30.
Remaining departures are 19:15 (to Countesswells) and 19:45, 20:15 to Guild Street.
Service 15B EX Countesswells Departs every hourly between 20:00–23:00 on service to Guild Street.
Sunday:
Service 15 Ex Balnagask Circle (formally service 20) Departs hourly between 09:00-19:00 with last departure 19:45.
Service 15/15B EX Countesswells Departs hourly between 09:00–23:00 with last 4 departures terminating at Guild Street
Service 15B EX Guild Street hourly between 20:30-22:30.
Service 15 now operates between Countesswells and Balnagask Circle via Airyhall operating every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime. Service 15B operates hourly after 20:00 between Countesswells and Guild Street.
Services 15/15B will operate hourly Sunday.
Service 15 will now start at Countesswells and serve Airyhall via Countesswells Road (country Road), Countesswells Avenue, Countesswells Road, Airyhall Avenue, Craigton Rd, Springfield Road then normal route to city centre. Service 15 will no longer serve Craigiebuckler , Beach front, Footdee and Beach Retail Park but will now turn right from Guild Street an follow present service 20 route to Balnagask Circle.
Service 13 will now be rerouted to serve Queens Links Leisure Park (Links Road) but not Beach Retail Park.
Passengers will now have a quicker journey between city centre and Airyhall.
Service 15B which operates in the evening takes misses out the two loops in Airyhall and goes direct to Countesswells via Countesswell Road.
17/17A/18/172 Dyce/Newhills to Faulds Gate/ Redmoss/ Altens Industrial EstateService 17/17A
Monday to Friday:
Ex Dyce first departure are 06:20, 07:01, 07:39, 08:38, then hourly 09:39-16:39. Last two service 17 are 17:26 and 18:26. EX Newhills Departures are 05:09, 05:39, 06:10, 06:36 then every 20 minutes between 07:00-17:00.
The remaining service 17 depart Newhills 17:22, 17:47, 18:15 and 18:45.
After that service 172 departs at their current departure times.
Ex Faulds Gate Departures between 05:10- 07:03 are unchanged then every 20 minutes between 07:23-12:43, 13:02-14:42, 15:01-17:01 and 17:22-18:52. Service 172 departures are unchanged.
Saturday:
Ex Dyce first departures are 06:03, 06:40, 07:36, 08:34, then hourly 09:39-14:39. The remaining departures are 15:52, 16:53, 17:54 and 18:46.
EX Newhills Departures are 05:20, 05:50, 06:19, 06:56 then every 30 minutes between 07:25-08:55, every 20 minutes between 09:20-15:20, every 30 minutes 15:43- 17:43 then last 3 are 18:15, 18:45 and 19:05.
After that service 172 departs at their current departure times.
Ex Faulds Gate Departures between 05:40, 06:03, 06:24, 07:10, 07:40 - 07:03 then every 20 minutes between 08:03-12:43, 13:02-14:42, 15:24, 15:51 every 30 minutes until 16:51 and 17:22- 18:52.
Service 172 departures are unchanged.
Sunday:
Service 17A Ex Faulds Gate all departures between 07:15 and 09:45 then every 20 minutes between 10:05 – 18:05. Remaining 17A departures are 18:35 (to Dyce) and 18:50 to Adelphi.
Service 172 departs Faulds Gate at 19:08 then as per current departures between 19:35 and 22:30.
EX Dyce: No Change to current departures.
Service 18
Monday to Friday:
Ex Dyce first departures are 05:52, 06:20, 06:44, 07:06, 07:26 then every 20 minutes between 07:43-08:43 then 09:04, 09:25 every 20 minutes until 17:05with last three departing 17:29, 17:53 and 18:23.
EX Redmoss 05:55 every 20 minutes until 06:55 the 07:14., then every 20 minutes between 07:32-09:12, 09:33-15:53 then 16:11,16:33,16:51, 17:13,17:36, 18:07. 18:38 and 19:09.
Ex Hareness Place 06:50, 07:48 and 08:55.
EX Altens Industrial Estate 15:56, 16:36 and 17:21
Saturday:
Ex Dyce first departures are 06:34, 07:06, 07:36, 08:03, 08:33 09:04, then every 20 minutes between 09:25- 15:05. Remaining departures are 15:26 then every 30 minutes between 15:53 and 18:23.
EX Redmoss 06:25, 06:57, 07:24 then every 20 minutes between 07:52-09:12 and 09:33-14:53 then 15:14, 15:38 every 20minutes until 17:38. The last 3 departures are 18:07, 18:38 and 19:09.
Services 17,17A,18 and 172 will revert to using the section of Union Street between Market Street and Bridge Street.
19 Tillydrone - CulterMonday to Friday:
Ex Tillydrone First buses are 05:20, 05:40, 06:10, 06:30, then every 15 minutes 06:50-17:35, every 20 minutes between 17:54-18:34 then every 30 minutes between 18:54- 22:54. Last bus 23:18 to Broad Street.
Buses to Peterculter Retirement Park from Broad Street at 08:38, 11:56 and 15:28.
Ex Culter every 20 minutes between 06:00 and 06:40 then every 15 minutes between 07:00 and 18:00.
Departures 18:00 every 20 minutes to 18:40 then every 30 minutes between 19:00-23:00.
Additonal departures 18:30, 19:45 and last bus 23:20 on service to Broad Street only.
Buses Ex Peterculter Retirement Village 09:20, 12:47 and 16:20.
Saturday
Ex Tillydrone 05:20, 05:50 then every 30 mins between 06:15-08:15, every 20 minutes between 08:35 and 09:15, then every 15 minutes between 09:35-16:35, every 20 minutes between 16:54-18:34 then every 30 minutes between 18:54- 22:54. Last bus 23:18 to Broad Street.
Buses to Peterculter Retirement Park from Broad Street at 08:56, 12:12 and 15:44.
Ex Culter every 30 minutes between 06:20-08:50, every 20 minutes 09:20-09:40, every 15 minutes between 10:00-16:45, every 20 minutes between 17:00-18:40, every 30 minutes 19:00-23:00.
Additonal departures 17:30, 19:15 and last bus 23:20 on service to Broad Street only.
Sunday:
Ex Tillydrone Buses depart every 30 minutes between 07:35-18:35 and 18:54 and 22:54. Last bus 23:18 to Broad Street.
Ex Culter First bus now departs 5 minutes later at 08:35 but still arrives in city centre earlier than current journey then every 30 minutes between 09:05-10:05 and 10:34-17:34 and 18:00-23:00. Last departure 23:20 to Broad Street only.
Services 19 will revert to using full length of Union Street with 3 Journeys Monday to Saturday serving Peterculter Retirement Park.
20 Hillhead Of Seaton to Guild Street1st bus
EX Hillhead Monday – Saturday 07:00 Sunday 09:30 University Open) / 10:00 University Closed
EX Guild Street Monday – Saturday 07:00 / 07:30 (University Open / University Closed)
EX Guild Street Sunday 09:30
Last bus
EX Hillhead Sunday – Saturday 23:00
EX Guild Street Sunday – Saturday 23:22
Service 20 no longer serves Balnagask Circle which is now served by service 15.
Service 20 will operate every 30 minutes during Aberdeen University open terms and hourly when closed.
Service 20 will follow the current route from Hillhead Of Seaton to town and will return via Guild Street, Bridge Street and Union Street.
23 Heathryfold to SheddocksleyMonday to Friday:
EX Heathryfold first buses are 05:15, 05:45, 06:15, 06:35 then every 12 minutes between 06:48-17:36, every 15 minutes between 17:50-18:20, every 20 minutes between 18:35-19:15 and every 30 minutes between 19:35-23:05.
EX Summerhill first buses are 05:39 (to Adelphi only), 06:10, 06:30, 06:45, 07:00 then up to every 12 minutes between 07:13-17:41, then every 20 minutes between 17:53-19:33, then every 30 minutes between 19:53-22:53.
Saturday:
EX Heathryfold first buses are 06:21 then every 20 minutes between 06:51-09:31, every 12 minutes between 09:48-16:48, every 15 minutes between 17:00-18:00, every 20 minutes between 18:15-19:15 and every 30 minutes between 19:35-23:05.
EX Summerhill first buses are 05:40, then every 20 minutes between 06:30-08:30, 15 minutes between 08:50-09:35, then up to every 12 minutes between 09:49-16:03, then every 15 minutes16:18-17:18 then every 20 minutes between 17:33-19:33, then every 30 minutes between 19:53-22:53.
Sunday:
Ex Heathryfold every 30 minutes 07:01-09:01, 09:30-17:30, then 18:01, 19:35 every 30 minutes until 22:35.
EX Summerhill first buses are 07:45, 08:15, 08:45, 09:10 then every 30 minutes between 09:30-18:00.
The remaining buses are 18:25, 18:55, 19:25, 20:20, 21:20 and 22:20.
Service 23 reverts to using the full length of Union Street.

Last edited:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Some really interesting changes and overall i'd say a good improvement.

Some key points.
  • Loss of service to Park Street & Footdee, Park Street is within short walking distance of other stops, Footdee service was very poorly used.
  • Frequency to the beach area improved from every 30 minutes to every 20 minutes with the addition of an evening service
  • Evening frequency on the 13 doubled to every 30 minutes, with a much later bus towards Seaton.
  • Weekend frequencies to Hillhead Of Seaton more than doubled from 2 buses per hour to up to 5 buses per hour.
  • Evening frequency to Hillhead Of Seaton doubled to every 15 minutes with the 13 & 20 combined.
  • Service to Seafield doubled from 2 buses per hour to 4 buses per hour with the 11A & 15.
  • Faster journey times to Airyhall and Craigiebuckler
  • Woodend service reduced from 20 to 30 minute frequency (route doubled by the Stagecoach 4/5/6 on a 10 minute frequency)
  • Countesswells served by First for the first time.
  • Torry/Balnagask/Tullos now has a direct service to the western end of Union Street.
  • Commercial evening service launched to Airyhall & Countesswells
  • Service 11 increased from a 20 to a 15 minute frequency.
Although we won't know until the full timetables are out it looks like a PVR increase of one bus during the daytime, with evening vehicle requirements increasing by 3 or 4.

*New post*

Timetables went up on Traveline today. Some things to note.
  • 1/2, 11/11A, 17/18, 19, 20 & 23 will return to using the central section of Union Street. 1B, 8 & 13 will continue to go via Guild Street with the 13 now stopping at Guild Street and Bridge Street
  • Unsure if by coincidence or not however the First 11/11A and Stagecoach 59 which both operate every 15 minutes are timed equally apart on a 7/8 minute headway from Northfield.
  • The 13 will not serve any new stops on Urquhart Road.
  • There are two new stops on Links Road at the Beach Retail Park, the first is in the layby outside Queens Links Leisure Park (former 14A terminus) and the second is directly across the road next to Dunelm. As expected the 13 will not actually enter the retail park like the 15 does, this is to save time.
  • The 13 appears to still interwork with other services in the evening despite the fact it would now be possible to operate it standalone.
  • There are no new stops on Countesswells Avenue (Airyhall) for the Service 15 and only one stop in Countesswells Village (as per the Stagecoach 4)
  • Evening Service 15B operates directly along Countesswells Road missing out Airyhall Avenue and Countesswells Avenue allowing it to operate hourly with one bus.
  • Running time on the 19 is reduced by around 10 minutes in either direction saving one bus with layover at Culter increased to 14 minutes, this is much needed as the current timetable is horrendously over timed it's quite common for a bus to sit at 15-20MPH from Union Street to Culter and still get to every timing point 5 minutes early.
  • Buses on the 19 serve Peterculter Retirement Park on the outbound journey only, prior to Johnston Gardens.

In terms of vehicle requirements on weekdays the 19 reduces from 10 to 9 buses and the 20 from 3 to 2 buses meanwhile the 11/11A increases from 6 to 7 buses and the 15 from 3 to 4. There's further increases in the evening and Saturdays, notably the 13 on Saturdays is increasing from 5 to 7 buses.

Last edited: