• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Aberdeen

Deltic1961

I see there is word of free night buses returning on the run up to Xmas but run by Stagecoach.

Wonder if they'll be on the arterial routes that First used to run. Can't find any info so possibly someone on here will know?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Volvodart

Established Member
Same as the previous Nightbird routes Bluebird used to run but may have route deviations.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
The first of it's type to be treated 67086 has now reentered service following repaint in to Aberdeen Urban livery. Looks rather smart.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
As we head into 2023 nearly a year since the Hydrogen Streetdecks went out of service - any news on when we can expect them back?

Haribolover06

As we head into 2023 nearly a year since the Hydrogen Streetdecks went out of service - any news on when we can expect them back?
It seems like there is still a refueling capacity issue at Kittybrewster, so they won't be back until a fueling station / tank gets installed at King Street or a new refueling station gets opened somewhere in the city. I have a feeling that they will be not back for a long time, could be 2024!

Last edited by a moderator:

Volvodart

Established Member
It depends on the "green" hydrogen being available, which was said to target production "from 2024" whatever that means!

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Certainly the Yutongs which are currently on the boat heading to the UK will be in service well before them!

Haribolover06

I think their main priority is facilitating the delivery of the Electric Yutong Buses at the moment as they should be arriving this year, i haven't seen any works yet for the charging infrastructure yet, I'm a bit surprised as the application for planning to the council was approved a while ago now.

Volvodart

Established Member
The planning for the electric buses work has not been approved yet. It is up for approval next week with recommendation that it be approved conditionally

Haribolover06

The planning for the electric buses work has not been approved yet. It is up for approval next week with recommendation that it be approved conditionally
oh, i knew they initially put forward the planning, and then revoked it due to changes "if i remember it was something to do with sound barriers on the boundary of the depot" they re-applied, thanks for letting me know

EDIT- if anyone is interested, here is the link to the planning documents https://publicaccess.aberdeencity.g...ils.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=RKTFPMBZL3P00

Volvodart

Established Member
The electric bus work has received planning permission yesterday, with the condition of tree planting on the side of the depot which has the nearest housing.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Forgot to post on here at the time but 69352/53 were withdrawn at the start of the month with 69355 being taken off last week. This is despite them regularly being five to ten buses short and thus having to cancel services while drivers are stuck at the depot with no bus!

The first of the 24 new Yutong E12s are now at Pelican having their interiors fitted out, probably covered already but these are to be numbered 65101-24.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Forgot to post on here at the time but 69352/53 were withdrawn at the start of the month with 69355 being taken off last week. This is despite them regularly being five to ten buses short and thus having to cancel services while drivers are stuck at the depot with no bus!

The first of the 24 new Yutong E12s are now at Pelican having their interiors fitted out, probably covered already but these are to be numbered 65101-24.
Any idea if these buses will have a second life or if this is the end of the road for them?

Volvodart

Established Member
Probably some will be trainers, but that may just be the Euro6 emission ones when the electric buses arrive.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Stagecoach Bluebird Enviro350H 29012 is currently parked at the Mounthooly Way side of King Street Depot... There was meant to be a bus coming on loan for high voltage training, but it was thought to be an E400EV not that... Surely if they can use a E350H for such training then they can also use a Hydroliner? Seems bizarre!

27/01/2023

Enviro350H 29012 has now returned to Stagecoach, it wasn't used at all for training and instead they just used one of the Hydroliners... Which still begs the question as to why they didn't use one in the first place.

All 24 of the new Yutongs are now at Pelican undergoing interior fitout and pre-delivery inspections. The first six of these are due to go on loan to Glasgow from the end of March for three and a half weeks with the first examples arriving in Aberdeen in mid-April, all 24 should be delivered to Aberdeen by the end of April with entry in to service at some point in May.

69351 has now been withdrawn.

Last edited:

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Stagecoach Bluebird Enviro350H 29012 is currently parked at the Mounthooly Way side of King Street Depot... There was meant to be a bus coming on loan for high voltage training, but it was thought to be an E400EV not that... Surely if they can use a E350H for such training then they can also use a Hydroliner? Seems bizarre!

27/01/2023

Enviro350H 29012 has now returned to Stagecoach, it wasn't used at all for training and instead they just used one of the Hydroliners... Which still begs the question as to why they didn't use one in the first place.

All 24 of the new Yutongs are now at Pelican undergoing interior fitout and pre-delivery inspections. The first six of these are due to go on loan to Glasgow from the end of March for three and a half weeks with the first examples arriving in Aberdeen in mid-April, all 24 should be delivered to Aberdeen by the end of April with entry in to service at some point in May.

69351 has now been withdrawn.
Will they actually enter service with Glasgow? It’d be great if they were route trialing them with the intent to order some.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Will they actually enter service with Glasgow? It’d be great if they were route trialing them with the intent to order some.
I would assume they will given six are going on loan.

02/02/2023

The first of the withdrawn B7RLEs (69351/52/53/55) were towed away by Thorntons today, these are believed to be getting converted in to driver trainers for First Cymru.

Last edited:

Volvodart

Established Member
Hopefully they will get their roofs resealed with the amount of tape on them to try and stop the leaks.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
I would assume they will given six are going on loan.

02/02/2023

The first of the withdrawn B7RLEs (69351/52/53/55) were towed away by Thorntons today, these are believed to be getting converted in to driver trainers for First Cymru.
I do wonder what the purpose of sending new Yutongs to an area which hasn’t ordered actually is. Similar to when an 05 B7LA was deployed to Glasgow for a time before heading back up North.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I do wonder what the purpose of sending new Yutongs to an area which hasn’t ordered actually is. Similar to when an 05 B7LA was deployed to Glasgow for a time before heading back up North.
I dont really understand that comparison? The Yutongs only going on loan for demonstration/trials while the 05 plate B7LA (10183) was purchased specifically for Glasgow as an insurance replacement to an earlier example that had been involved in a fire; 10183 operated in Glasgow for around six years prior to transferring to Aberdeen.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
I dont really understand that comparison? The Yutongs only going on loan for demonstration/trials while the 05 plate B7LA (10183) was purchased specifically for Glasgow as an insurance replacement to an earlier example that had been involved in a fire; 10183 operated in Glasgow for around six years prior to transferring to Aberdeen.
I wasn’t aware of that! I always thought it was just kept at Glasgow. That makes more sense.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

Passed two of these heading north on the M5 (under their own power) yesterday afternoon near Droitwich

fife_circle

Is there any word on whether the Yutongs will be allocated to a certain route or will they be spread across the network?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Is there any word on if the Yutongs will be allocated to a certain route or will they be spread across the network?
All are to be unbranded, I'd imagine they will tend to stick to certain routes but they'll probably be used network wide.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Are we expecting a special livery advertising its green credentials or will it be the standard livery?
Standard Aberdeen Urban livery with internal and external vinyls to the same style as those on Glasgow's recent EV deliveries.

Not my photo but here's one of the new Yutongs at Pelican, all 24 are now there. They do look rather smart!