• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Capital Connect Bedford Depot Drivers-3678 LH

Status
Not open for further replies.

afc_man

Is this test based on or similar to the practice stuff we were sent..? as not really had time to look through it properly yet due to work commitments but have 5 days booked off at the end of the week and was going to look through it then..? cheers guys
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
just done that test and my only conclusion is that i need a bigger monitor...!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dsbu

Congratulations to all those who got through today and progress to Watford next week. Bad luck to those who didn't get through.
I failed dots last time, but passed today.
Had a long wait until after lunch for scaat and dfft, but thankfully got put through to next stage.
Now gotta practice up for tests and interview for Wednesday - wish me luck!

st.ives

That two hour wait after lunch for the morning results was harsh to say the least. As is some passing but having to wait now to be put through to stage two. Congratulations to all that went though and better luck next time to those that didn't.

afc_man

Failed the first stage on the dreaded dots :( may have another ago at some point in the future good luck to thoose that passed.have heard there are 2 possibly 3 jobs going there so good luck guys :)

Dsbu

Failed the first stage on the dreaded dots :( may have another ago at some point in the future good luck to thoose that passed.have heard there are 2 possibly 3 jobs going there so good luck guys :)

Did you pass the other 2 tests?
If you did, you won't have to resit those next time.

Make sure you practice up the dots and scaat on the group bourdon test program - it really helped me to get through ths time (although, I didn't practice scaat, only dots).

Dfft seemed to go really quick for me - didn't manage to complete more than 10 (of 25) as I run out of time.

Scaat and dfft were pm tests, so you won't have seen those if you went after lunch.

I'm back to Watford on Wednesday - keeping my fingers crossed.

Off topic - congratulations on 4th - you pipped us to it again this year

Jim123

Has anyone on here been back either yesterday or today for their reaction test and structured interview......if so, how did it go??

I know that they were doing them Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week.

Marain

Has anyone on here been back either yesterday or today for their reaction test and structured interview......if so, how did it go??

Mine is tomorrow (Friday) having passed stage 1 on Monday this week.

Can't say I'm looking forward to it, at least once it's over I've got a long weekend to relax!

Dsbu

Failed the dtg (concentration) test, so didn't get to do the cbi :(
There were 8 of us on Wed, 2 who only had to do interview, 6 to do both parts.
Of the 6, 2 of us didn't get through the first stage (funnily enough, both failing on the computer controlled bit - and god it goes fast!)

Good luck!

Marain

Had my second stage assessment last Friday.

Passed the DTG.

CBI went well, bar the rules and procedures question - I went through about 4 examples after she rejected my initial one and even then I don't think she was completely happy with the final answer, so on that basis, with regret I think I'm fired.

Will find out in writing by Monday next week, but I'm preparing myself for disappointment.

Lufcman

Had my second stage assessment last Friday.

Passed the DTG.

CBI went well, bar the rules and procedures question - I went through about 4 examples after she rejected my initial one and even then I don't think she was completely happy with the final answer, so on that basis, with regret I think I'm fired.

Will find out in writing by Monday next week, but I'm preparing myself for disappointment.

Any news?

Marain

As predicted, I'm out. Dissapointed, but not surprised. Got an email from First on the Tues this week, so quite a quick response from them.

railrob

Had my driver manager interview on the 5th June and was told that I should find out either way by the 19th. Not heard anything yet. They like to keep you waiting! Just hope I get some good news tomorrow!!

st.ives

I have received a rejection from First today. Disappointing obviously, especially as I thought the interview went well, but I am also pleased I have at least passed all the stage 1 and 2 psychometric tests and hopefully won't have to sit them again.

The email states I have to wait 6 month before applying to them again. Is this also the case for applications to other TOCs?

BravoGolfMike

No, the 6 months wait is just for FCC, although I'm not sure if it extends to all TOCs in the Firstgroup stable as well.

Beds_train

I received an email today saying I passed all assesments and interviews, however unfortunately we have filled our open positions and would like to place your application on hold.

Beds_train

I received an email today saying I was successful in assesments and interview however, unfortunately we have filled our open positions and would like to place your application on hold.

Geargrinder

Not what I was told - They are treated as separate companies.

If you read the First Group Careers FAQ's it states it there.
I can also tell you from experience that I was unsuccessful with First Transpennine Express, who told me I could not apply for another driving role with "First" for 6 months. If I have clicked onto a trainee drivers job on their website, whilst logged in, it came up with a message telling me I couldn't apply due to being within the 6 months waiting time.

Firestarter

I have received a rejection from First today. Disappointing obviously, especially as I thought the interview went well, but I am also pleased I have at least passed all the stage 1 and 2 psychometric tests and hopefully won't have to sit them again.

The email states I have to wait 6 month before applying to them again. Is this also the case for applications to other TOCs?

Only one way to find out

Dave1987

On Moderation

Can I suggest you send a speculative letter or email to GA or maybe SWT. Seeing as you have passed the assessments (and the structured interview I presume?) they might well be interested in you on their next round of trainee driver intakes. I have to say that for GA it would be for a trainee Depot drivers position as you have I start as a depot driver on GA but you should be mainline within a few years. If you are very keen to get into the grade they might keep your details on file.

MR_P

If you read the First Group Careers FAQ's it states it there.
I can also tell you from experience that I was unsuccessful with First Transpennine Express, who told me I could not apply for another driving role with "First" for 6 months. If I have clicked onto a trainee drivers job on their website, whilst logged in, it came up with a message telling me I couldn't apply due to being within the 6 months waiting time.

Sent u a pm

Last edited:

railrob

Just received an email today saying that I was successful on the DM interview. However they had filled the positions. My application is now on hold, until the next intake (whenever that may be). Gutted to have got this far, passed everything and still not got a job. Has anyone else had this experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.