• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First class dining on Virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT 390

Established Member
I will be travelling on the 14:40 from Glasgow Central to London Euston on Wednesday 24th April 2019. I have emailed Virgin trains to ask which menu it will be but they don't seam to know, I think it is light snacks until Preston and then the evening meal is this correct?
Also as it is around Easter time is it likely that they would change the service because of this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A Challenge

Established Member
According to the timetable, there is a evening meal service on the 14:40 from Glasgow Central if joining at Preston, Wigan North Western and Warrington Bank Quay. Not sure what happens if you're already on board from Lancaster or before to stations beyond Preston?

upload_2019-2-17_17-58-11.png

Veteran Member
According to the timetable, there is a evening meal service on the 14:40 from Glasgow Central if joining at Preston, Wigan North Western and Warrington Bank Quay. Not sure what happens if you're already on board from Lancaster or before to stations beyond Preston?
View attachment 59337
You will get the evening offer if going to Euston AFAIK

Deafdoggie

Established Member

View attachment 59337

You get what is on offer at the time, not where you joined. So light snacks pre-Preston, evening meal after Preston.

That said, virtually every train has a crew change at Preston, so (if heading South) don’t expect to be served anything if joining at Lancaster until after Preston.

route101

Established Member

View attachment 59337

I thought you would get the meal , or is it 'you've had yer tea' .

VT 390

Established Member
Will the breakfast still be served if joining at Penrith North Lakes at 10:30 going towards Glasgow Central?

ScotTrains

I've just noticed the Virgin website states the evening dinner is now served Mon to Thur and on Fridays passengers can now enjoy "prosecco and one of our special dishes."
Does this mean on Fridays there is less on offer (just one special dish instead of a few options) or is the special dish and prosecco in addition to the usual dinner menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.