• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Great Western Trainee drivers, Anyone heard back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc1

I applied in August and my online status says awaiting shortlisting five months
later.Can anyone beat that for slow/no progress?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David_Train

Crazy thing is David is that I sat part 1 same time as you and only got a pass in all and I ended up sitting part 2 in December which show there is no order at all.

Hello mate, might depend on what depot you were applying for and that effects how quickly your application moves?

Mfsds

Hello mate, might depend on what depot you were applying for and that effects how quickly your application moves?

You could be right, I chose reading depot. It's a bloody lottery as none of us will meet know.

What time was you stage 1 on 4th oct? Mine was 1145

barrykas

Established Member
Still on "Invited to assessment" here...And my Stage 1 was on 5th September at 14:45

Mfsds

Mine says invited to assesment which was 4th oct but since then I have passed both stages. In terms Of how long recruitment is open or how long It can take: how longs a piece of string? It's a tiring process which I'm hoping 7months later will finally end with a mangers int soon

Mrt1886

Do you think they would carry out I initial accessments/interviews whilst I'm still employed in the navy with 12 months notice to give?

Early release could be achieved if things positively progressed however.

Lanc688

Do you think they would carry out I initial accessments/interviews whilst I'm still employed in the navy with 12 months notice to give?

Early release could be achieved if things positively progressed however.

With 12 months notice, I would imagine that you would need to take the risk of Early Termination before a solid job offer. I don't know about your manning guys, but ours (Blue Suits) are playing hardball with the Minimum Waiting Times at the moment.

I was lucky to get just over a months grace to be fair, although the solid job offer did of course help and I am still only on 6 months notice.

Seems to me that it's harder to get out of the mob than in at the moment, now that the the powers that be realise that the flood gates are starting to open.

Lanc

FGW_DID

Established Member
I left the mob (RAF) at the end of 22 yrs but when one of my mates put his notice in, he enquired about the possibility of leaving before the 12 month period and was told if he had a definate job offer and his line management could spare him then it would be possible to release him early.

But as Lanc688 has intimated, it sounds like they are trying to get that bolt on the stable door before the stampede!!

PeteH

Glad I've got my letter acknowledging my withdrawal from the reserve & recall list. Gonna be short of folk in a little while.

David_Train

Myself and 7 others had our Reaction Test and Criteria Interview yesterday in Cambridge for FCC. The reaction test was nothing to worry about really, you get two practise tests with instant feedback, then you move onto the two real tests, the first goes at the pace that the computer programme sets and at one point it will get so fast that you will not be able to keep up, don't panic, just compose yourself and pick up the sequence once you can. The second reaction test goes at your pace so the faster you react the more you will get through. I was told I passed more or less straight away.

Before we had the test we all had to complete a form for the Criteria Interview. We had to talk about experiences of emergency situations, pressure, training, working to rules etc. The interview is a real grilling, it was one on one with the interview and she wanted every detail of every experience I wrote about, she wasn't happy with some of my examples so I had to come up with new ones on the spot. I don't think my interview went well, we were told we will hear back within 7-10 working days................................

Mfsds

Exactly a friend of mine did structured interview same time as me and still hasn't been told results from December. All he was told was that process was ongoing. Where as I go told I was in queue for managers int but still nothing.

Best bet is don't worry, I came away from structured interview feeling completely rejected but did ok so it's a tough one.

I've not bothered to contact again regarding mangers int as there is a training course startin 4th feb so I missed that one

Nuttytoffee

Got a voice mail message asking me to ring back about stage 2 assessments..........looks like things have started to move again.

jd76

Got a voice mail message asking me to ring back about stage 2 assessments..........looks like things have started to move again.

Just had a phone call today from fgw and ive got part2 booked for 18th feb...bricking it but really really pleased..:)

reapz

Oxford too (I think, I said I would go anywhere).
Also got mine 18th Feb at Reading. See you there jd76!

First have just been given a 2 year extension to the franchise they were dude to hand back this year, (at a cost to the uk tax payer may i add!)

back on track this could mean a lot more courses going ahead for you guys

jd76

Just booked a room at the same hotel the interview is being held at..saves the stress of trying to travel 2 hours into Reading before 9am...:)

Nuttytoffee

Mine is booked for 11.45. Where you travelling from. Wolverhampton for me.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just noticed they have invited me on the 19th Dec 2012 at 11.45!!!! Where's me tardis.

jd76

Im booked in for 845...and coming from milton keynes mate. Ps im coming up as my 1st assesment date too.

Nuttytoffee

I have fired off an email to them just to confirm. I have also asked for the practice material as I never recieved it last time. Thank god for this forum.

jd76

I have fired off an email to them just to confirm. I have also asked for the practice material as I never recieved it last time. Thank god for this forum.

Check the "My Appointments" in the Career Centre section, mine's correct in there its just the main screen thats still got the original date on.

Status
Not open for further replies.