• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Great Western Trainee Drivers in the South West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocombe11

As the largest TOC in the SouthWest of England, and the only TOC to have crewing depots (Virgin excepted) down here do FGW recruit trainee drivers in this part of the country, Exeter, Plymouth, Cornwall, or do they usually fill the positions with qualified drivers? Just wondering whether to wait down here for a trainee position to appear or whether it might make more sense to move to another part of the country where there are more choices.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SkinnyDave

Established Member
I was told at interview that Bristol and Westbury will be increasing in Driver numbers over next couple of years.
They are also recruiting a lot at Reading and Oxford

455driver

Veteran Member
They have had adverts for trainee drivers on their website for the last year!

Rocombe11

They have had adverts for trainee drivers on their website for the last year!

I have seen adverts for Bristol and Westbury but I was wondering whether they might come down as far as the hinterland that is Devon and Cornwall?

455driver

Veteran Member
Exeter has featured quite a few times (I think they have just started another 4 trainees at Exeter) and Par a couple of times, just keep an eye on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.