• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Great Western - Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SkinnyDave

Established Member
I think things will be slow with bristol, there was/is a job on offer for a tariner badges at bristol TM

I spoke to HR and they told me that th guidelines thy have been given is six months, but that could change.

Wouldn't bet on it though, patience now a skill I'm mastering :D

Red18

yes that's correct driver trainer.

The job description didn't mention anything about training Trainee Drivers though. I assume that even when taking on existing drivers from other TOC's that some training is still required.

welshjpc

Hello, I was at the Penta in Reading on May 30th - applied for Oxford.
Still have heard nothing. I did mention on my initial application that I was contracted with my current job until Feb 2014 but could leave if given 30 days notice, would that have made much difference?
No news being good news I suppose as others have unfortunately (for them) have received 'no's but like lots of others on here it's a long s-l-o-w process isn't it?
p.s. I applied for London Midland (New street / cov / bletchely) a fortnight before First and so far have had one solitary email from them saying "we apologise for the delay, we're still going through the applicants" so although First appear slow, LMs HR (I hate acronyms) are even more so!

Aviator88

welshjpc, exactly the same boat for me regarding assessment location/date/depot applied for etc... I am required to give 4 weeks notice but not contracted like yourself and I have heard nothing yet, so I wouldn't worry about that!

Fingers crossed for both of us :)

lordturns

Hi Carlejo, I got offered Reading depot.

Congratulations Puremetal! very well done. Like many others on here, I am still waiting for results - I have emailed twice and got the same response as what I was told over the phone 'we will let you know when we know'.

Applied for Greater Anglia....

Puremetal84

Congratulations Puremetal! very well done. Like many others on here, I am still waiting for results - I have emailed twice and got the same response as what I was told over the phone 'we will let you know when we know'.

Applied for Greater Anglia....

Thanks very much, it certainly is a patience testing process that's for sure. Which results are you still waiting for?

first_ade

I had my dm interview over a week ago and first hr say that no news does not necessarily mean bad news. .. as they are working througb folk in batches apparently. That said I am not overly hopeful as surely you would sort the yeses out first? Have there been any no's from those penta interviews ? I think that first hr have a high workload and only a few folk to sort it out!

lordturns

Thanks very much, it certainly is a patience testing process that's for sure. Which results are you still waiting for?

I am still waiting for stage 1 assessment results, having sat the tests on 2nd May. From reading the forums, it would seem that many are caught up in the process at various stages....

Puremetal84

I had my dm interview over a week ago and first hr say that no news does not necessarily mean bad news. .. as they are working througb folk in batches apparently. That said I am not overly hopeful as surely you would sort the yeses out first? Have there been any no's from those penta interviews ? I think that first hr have a high workload and only a few folk to sort it out!

I would certainly hold out hope, from what I understand is that it is a very small team dealing with it. Fingers crossed for people waiting.

KT530

well done to you, gutted that I still havent heard anything though so guessing it is not good news, dont think the fact that I would have to relocate helped me much at the interview

I will be relocating and was offered a position this week, so don't give up hope.

Good luck to all those in the process

Chrisdc144

Hi all

Been in the background for a couple of months now. Great site with a wealth of knowledge.
Just wanted to add that I did my 1st Stage assessments on 31st may at reading. Have just got my results back via email and have passed! States they are organising stage 2 in the near future. To be honest, I gave up hope and thought that I had failed.
Also, I have another assessment with Southern Railways at Croydon on Friday the 19th.

So still hope for everyone and good luck to all.

Chris

TPA

Hi all

Been in the background for a couple of months now. Great site with a wealth of knowledge.
Just wanted to add that I did my 1st Stage assessments on 31st may at reading. Have just got my results back via email and have passed! States they are organising stage 2 in the near future. To be honest, I gave up hope and thought that I had failed.
Also, I have another assessment with Southern Railways at Croydon on Friday the 19th.

Chris

Nice one Chris I hope it all goes well for you. Are Southern still recruiting as like most others FGW are not looking likely to deliver the often quoted 200-700 jobs!

lordturns

Congratulations Chris, your story gives many of us a little bit more hope which is only a good thing

Hi all

Chris

Last edited:

Chrisdc144

Nice one Chris I hope it all goes well for you. Are Southern still recruiting as like most others FGW are not looking likely to deliver the often quoted 200-700 jobs!

Hi

Not sure if they are still recruiting. I have just been looking at TOC websites and seeing if there are any vacancies. I did the application for Southern, I think was about 6-8 weeks ago.

Chris

first_ade

i'm out of the running, just got my "unsuccessful this time" email
nils desperandum

it says that I have to wait 6/12 before I reapply for similar roles - does that only apply to FGW or all TOCs? any advice gratefulyl received.

daddy_badger

6 months for same role within the first group only and 6 months before you can attend an assessment centre again. I would not worry though its all changing in October so ur 2 chances will be reinstated.

HTH

rob12

i'm out of the running, just got my "unsuccessful this time" email
nils desperandum

it says that I have to wait 6/12 before I reapply for similar roles - does that only apply to FGW or all TOCs? any advice gratefulyl received.

Hi buddy, what assessment did you attend and what date please, Also hard lines mate just got to keep plugin away sure one day like me you will get there, I haven't heard yet I took mine on the 29th or 30th I think in reading

first_ade

Hi buddy, what assessment did you attend and what date please, Also hard lines mate just got to keep plugin away sure one day like me you will get there, I haven't heard yet I took mine on the 29th or 30th I think in reading

I got to the depot manager interview

AC1986

Hey everyone, i applied a long time ago for this position and having pasted both assessment days with another train company im apparently waiting for a Driver Manager Interview? but they tell me it can take weeks/months, anyone else experiencing the same? Should i keep phoning to see if there are any updates?
Thanks guys

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Hey everyone, i applied a long time ago for this position and having pasted both assessment days with another train company im apparently waiting for a Driver Manager Interview? but they tell me it can take weeks/months, anyone else experiencing the same? Should i keep phoning to see if there are any updates?
Thanks guys

Hi There,
What depot?

Status
Not open for further replies.