• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
A think glasgow now has at least 5 off the sn57 plates from Edinburgh and more on the way

Is the intention of moving these B9TLs from FSE to Glasgow because they are Euro 4 and the plan is to convert them? I wonder if the plan is to start slowly getting rid of the B7TLs too?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Scott mac

Is the intention of moving these B9TLs from FSE to Glasgow because they are Euro 4 and the plan is to convert them? I wonder if the plan is to start slowly getting rid of the B7TLs too?
Yes it its looking that way a believe they can only convert the b9s

route101

Established Member
Y301 RTD, a B10 ble, was on the 46 today.

Saw an ALX400 trident on the 7 today! Don't know the last time that happened but in fair nick this one so definitely not complaining :) nice to see them getting about in they're final days[/QUOTE

See them on the 7 now and then , the alx 400 is from the ex Parkhead fleet . The 7 is a caley 1 route or larky original.

B7TLs from FSE have come over too .

Jordan Adam

Established Member
https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news...ssway-smash-which-injured-dozens/?ref=mr&lp=6
Are these buses safe and has alexander dennis e200mmc and e400mmc have same set up?.

Interesting article, it seems the defect only affects Enviro300s. Stagecoach North Scotland's 27537 had a very similar accident near Newburgh back in 2015. However i believe the blame there was down to another vehicle.

All the "Euro 4" rated B7RLEs and B9TLs already comply to Euro 5.

An optare metrodecker is also sub-10t.

The 400 MMC's at 10.9 and 11.5m long are heavier however.

First use 10.3m Dinky toys these days, but that does bring an exceptional turning circle with it.

Older B7 and B9 deckers are around the mid-12t mark

B7TL/ALX400s are 11.9t, so i'd suspect your prediction for the B7TL/Geminis at around the mid-12t mark to be about right.

I recall one of the former managers at Optare (The Italian guy who always created his own words) bragging when the Metrodecker first came out about it being under the 10T mark.

SarahDFIG

Few transfers as recent.

3 06 plate darts left Overtown for Blantyre and Scotstoun. 03 plate solo scrapped from Blantyre.

Few presidents and alx scrapped from caley

Fleet numbers soon

lastbus

Few transfers as recent.

3 06 plate darts left Overtown for Blantyre and Scotstoun. 03 plate solo scrapped from Blantyre.

Few presidents and alx scrapped from caley

Fleet numbers soon
69041 has also left overtown for scotstoun.

54401 apparently scrapped will try and get confirmation.

All new buses for overtown now here.

SarahDFIG

69041 has also left overtown for scotstoun.

54401 apparently scrapped will try and get confirmation.

All new buses for overtown now here.

Fleet numbers I have been told so far for Caley changes are

Presidents: 32991,33016,33027,33115,33139 (Scrapped)
ALX: 33346 (Scrapped)

At least 4 more branded e400s arrived for 38.

No confirmation city deckers will be coming around march but personally I think these will be closer to the end of this batch of vehicles but no one knows yet.

53 plate darts has went quiet so not sure the story here with them.

Dumbarton were suppose to get darts to replace b10s but that has changed unless the darts going elsewhere is temporarily.

No reports on what the next new vehicles will be for either but Scotstoun depot is suppose to be getting something.

@lastbus what's the allocation for the new vehicles at Overtown?

Is there not 1 extra vehicle ?

lastbus

No confirmation city deckers will be coming around march but personally I think these will be closer to the end of this batch of vehicles but no one knows yet.

Dumbarton were suppose to get darts to replace b10s but that has changed unless the darts going elsewhere is temporarily.

No reports on what the next new vehicles will be for either but Scotstoun depot is suppose to be getting something.

6 branded 242s 5 254s 1 unbranded

laststop@96

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news...ssway-smash-which-injured-dozens/?ref=mr&lp=6
Are these buses safe and has alexander dennis e200mmc and e400mmc have same set up?.
There was 29 hurt as a result of this crash how many would have been hurt if the bus had seat belts the driver has a seat belt the punters hold on tight.I think any bus that,s route speed goes above 30mph should be seat belted people will say the cost would be two high but the money a company like first glasgow is spending on emissions converting one bus to euro 6 costing £15,000. I know they get a grant for it they could order new buses with seat belts and get a grant from goverment for older buses.

Gingerbus1991

There was 29 hurt as a result of this crash how many would have been hurt if the bus had seat belts the driver has a seat belt the punters hold on tight.I think any bus that,s route speed goes above 30mph should be seat belted people will say the cost would be two high but the money a company like first glasgow is spending on emissions converting one bus to euro 6 costing £15,000. I know they get a grant for it they could order new buses with seat belts and get a grant from goverment for older buses.
I'm not sure how the fault coinsides with the Make&Model of suspension, but ADL still use Dana Suspension all round on the 200 MMC albeit a newer version than found on the 300's, the 400 classic had ZF suspension@the rear and Dana at the front, the 400MMC now USES ZF suspension all round.

I can't help but think these midi and light weight fuel saving buses have always been much less durable than 18t heavy duty buses.

lastbus

What's the unbranded being used on since the 254 only needs 5. I did see it on the 254 but shouldn't be needed now on there with them all now here for it .
Will probably be used on 241,242 and 254 when one of them is required for inspection.

route101

Established Member

Caley still with the Tridents , 31 has them on usually , maybe the last route to have them

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Caley still with the Tridents , 31 has them on usually , maybe the last route to have them

A number of tridents are still about on the 60, 41 and 46. I have noticed a few more B9TLs have started to appear on the 60 however so not sure if the plan is to introduce more refurbished B9TLs on these routes. I think they should definately refurbish the ones which have come from FSE. They have the advantage that the style of seating is similar to the new seating on the Enviro stock arriving so replacing it with some leather would look great.

Whiteway215

Established Member
A number of tridents are still about on the 60, 41 and 46. I have noticed a few more B9TLs have started to appear on the 60 however so not sure if the plan is to introduce more refurbished B9TLs on these routes. I think they should definately refurbish the ones which have come from FSE. They have the advantage that the style of seating is similar to the new seating on the Enviro stock arriving so replacing it with some leather would look great.
Can I ask what has come from FSE please?

route101

Established Member

The high back seating? Bit more umcomfortable

SarahDFIG

Few of the new unbranded E400MMCS on it , surely there is enough 75 branded ones .
There is but the vehicles still get there inspections like the older vehicles so there will be the odd one not branded at times. I went past Caley on Tuesday/Wednesday around 2pm and 2 were parked up so no doubt the unbranded vehicles would have been used then. It's the reason some of the new batch is unbranded.

laststop@96

I'm not sure how the fault coinsides with the Make&Model of suspension, but ADL still use Dana Suspension all round on the 200 MMC albeit a newer version than found on the 300's, the 400 classic had ZF suspension@the rear and Dana at the front, the 400MMC now USES ZF suspension all round.

I can't help but think these midi and light weight fuel saving buses have always been much less durable than 18t heavy duty buses.
e300 and e400 are classed as urban buses and should not be used on express services like firsts x1,x3,x85, and the one service also stagecoach x19 and x25.
https://www.childcarseats.org.uk/the-law/other-vehicles-buses-coaches-and-minibuses/