• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Noticed Overtown depot now have 4 ex London Enviro 200s in service. How many of the ex London E200s did First buy as I thought they only bought around 9 or 10 unless more arrived since I last seen them in Caley.

Bustimes shows 9 of them so far. I am just wondering if there is actually enough to give Overtown to replace the E200MMCs that are leaving and if not what they will get?
It still seems like a real backwards step replacing newer buses with older ones, however the only thing I can think is that perhaps Lanarkshire local services don’t merit newer buses any longer. Perhaps things have changed or the vision First were going for when upgrading the routes back in 2018 hasn’t worked out.

I wonder if with Blantyre going electric next there will be plans to electrify local services.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cnjb8

Established Member
It still seems like a real backwards step replacing newer buses with older ones, however the only thing I can think is that perhaps Lanarkshire local services don’t merit newer buses any longer. Perhaps things have changed or the vision First were going for when upgrading the routes back in 2018 hasn’t worked out.

I wonder if with Blantyre going electric next there will be plans to electrify local services.
The MMCs were leased so it's cheaper for First to run the ex-London E200s then carry on the lease

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Is SimpliCity making a comeback soon? As 37223 (which is on-loan to Aberdeen right now) has a SimpliCity sticker on its top deck window again. It’s weird, since last time I saw it out with Glasgow, it lacked it:

https://flic.kr/p/2pSqqxA
replacement window from 37187

Speaking of that bus, I don’t get why they don’t add a metal tree-brush (I think that’s what the metal thing on the left side of some double buses is called) to 37223, as they must have many spares? I’ve also noticed that E400MMCs 33203 & 33209 have had theirs removed recently.
The tree guards can get damaged and bent doing said job which is why some buses don’t have them

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
The MMCs were leased so it's cheaper for First to run the ex-London E200s then carry on the lease
Indeed - as I said on #14398

Whatever the physical practice of disposal, if they are leased (?) then they are the property of the leasing company so it's them selling not First.

Now it could be that First could buy them but on what terms, and it might be that the financials of 2018 on those routes are markedly different to those now.
Post-covid, it might simply be that the economics are fundamentally different to now.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
I wonder if they’re gonna brand it to have Glasgow or Lanarkshire?
It would make sense to just brand it Glasgow. The benefit of a national livery is to minimise things like this - it’s much easier to move vehicles around as First often do.

SarahDFIG

Probably will all say Glasgow for the same reason as previous post.

interested to see how the E200/mmcs/E300 look in the new livery.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Anyone know what ever happened to SO68 HFM? It was repaired and sitting in Caledonia about a year ago but don’t think it ever made it into service. It’s been out of service for 4 years now.

LT02 NVV

Was thinking that one of the Ex-Manchester Gemini Buses had finally entered service:

But no, it’s a tracking error, as it’s 38457 that’s on the 19.

Attachments

• IMG_2391.jpeg
    IMG_2391.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 85
This is a weird service for first Glasgow.

Bus registration details​

• Registration numberPM0000001/669
  • Licence NumberPM0000001
  • Variation number
  • StatusNew
  • Service number.Trossachs Explorer
  • Service typeLimited Stop
  • Start pointCallander , Station Road
  • Finish pointBalfron
  • ViaLoch Katrine, Aberfoyle
  • Date received17 May 2024
  • Effective date01 Jul 2024
  • End date
  • Supported by subsidies?No
  • Local authorities covered by route
  • TAOs covered by route

Registration history
Reg No.Var No.StatusApplication typeDate receivedDate effectiveEnd dateAction
PM0000001/6690NewManual17/05/202401/07/2024
Back to topBack to search results

LT02 NVV

I read online somewhere that they were doing a trial of the Trossachs explorer but I could have read it wrong. That’ll be interesting if First Glasgow branches out.
Do you think they’ll use coaches for these services? If so, then I wonder where they’ll get them from?

LT02 NVV

I don't know if 33440 is in for a re-paint right now or not, but I’m wondering if it is, what the livery it will they paint it into?

Last edited: