• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
That badly need painting if looks very tired
Did see a maroon front Gemini on the u4 on Tuesday and didnt realise they have so much damage and had been beaten in Bristol was very nice to ride though

The maroon ones probably look worse than normal because all the vinyls have been removed. They were repainted in mid 2016 so (relatively) not long ago.

32637 has had all the vinyls removed and they’ve prepped it by attending to any bits of superficial corrosion. Buses always look their worst when going into the paintshop.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Goldfish62

Established Member
With Truro College closing on Friday I wonder if this will result in early withdrawal of many of the Tridents.

Andyh82

Established Member
With Truro College closing on Friday I wonder if this will result in early withdrawal of many of the Tridents.
I doubt it, as nobody knows when the college will reopen, so they couldn’t risk it.

Plus you are assuming that the staff working on getting the Gemini’s into service will be working at full strength across the next few weeks.

Goldfish62

Established Member
I doubt it, as nobody knows when the college will reopen, so they couldn’t risk it.

Plus you are assuming that the staff working on getting the Gemini’s into service will be working at full strength across the next few weeks.
True. Both good points.

83G/84D

Established Member
37018 has arrived at Camborne, E400MMC 33301 and Lizard Trident 32762 both on T2 workings this afternoon.
Trident 33113 out on a road test after repairs.

.IMG_4908rev.jpg

richw

Veteran Member
33233/4 reported to be heading north on A30 today. These are planned to Taunton for 21 services already being in the correct route branding

didbygraham

Is the bit in bold still that relevant? The headline transport measure in the Devolution Deal was giving Cornwall Council powers to franchise bus services, but this power has not been taken up (and seemingly unlikely to do so). Indeed most of the transport "outcomes" highlighted in the council's own Devolution Deal Impact Assessment seem to be a result of other funding streams or private investment by the bus companies themselves.

The Devolution Deal was also to "deliver integrated smart ticketing, fares and timetables. This will enable combined travel between bus, rail and ferry services, and cashless transactions". I am not sure given the issues around inter-ticketing, timetables, etc that this new contract raises that the Council can claim to have met this objective?

Clearly they have not met them yet! A lot is promised and this is supposed to be the start of something big - but it remains to be seen if the council can pull it off. I for one hope that they can - but remain sceptical

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
33233/4 reported to be heading north on A30 today. These are planned to Taunton for 21 services already being in the correct route branding

The 21 brand uses the base AC livery as per the ex Reading Solars so continuing the theme!

Have we heard what the retro brand being revived is? Can’t think of many ones.... Skyrider? Hoppa? Cornwall Express? Cornish Fairways?

carlberry

Established Member
The 21 brand uses the base AC livery as per the ex Reading Solars so continuing the theme!

Have we heard what the retro brand being revived is? Can’t think of many ones.... Skyrider? Hoppa? Cornwall Express? Cornish Fairways?
Wasn't the retro brand the 'Royal Blue' from the timetable booklet?

richw

Veteran Member

as per the new timetable books, X19 Truro to padstow “Royal Blue”

Goldfish62

Established Member
I see the timetable planned to be effective from 29 March has been removed. Not in the least surprising.

carlberry

Established Member
Thanks chaps - must've missed that. When was Royal Blue last used - was it in the late NBC days in the mid 1980s?
It was dropped when NBC changed the rules on the Natex livery and removed local identifiers so that sounds about right.

I suspect a lot of people would argue it was dropped when the 'Central Activities Group' livery was brought in during 1970 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/rootymasters/49014312686/) and certainly once it just became the 'ROYAL BLUE' name on a vehicle that was, clearly, white!

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
It was dropped when NBC changed the rules on the Natex livery and removed local identifiers so that sounds about right.

I suspect a lot of people would argue it was dropped when the 'Central Activities Group' livery was brought in during 1970 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/rootymasters/49014312686/) and certainly once it just became the 'ROYAL BLUE' name on a vehicle that was, clearly, white!

I was thinking it was also used on a venetian blind livery, and it was https://www.flickr.com/photos/busse...ist-bEEBQt-c3gyTN-pfZ9fy-9Nd5g6-pxrLsE-9NfQeQ Didn't recall it having red it it, and guess that it was swept away in that post dereg phase

berneyarms

Established Member
He means Kernow's Summer timetable book that was on their website

There is now no mention of a 29 march timetable change, and no pdf

The pdf is still there.
Click on Routes & Maps at the top of the home page and you’ll see it under the Bus guides heading.

Goldfish62

Established Member
The pdf is still there.
Click on Routes & Maps at the top of the home page and you’ll see it under the Bus guides heading.
Ah yes, it's moves further down the page. I very much doubt if it'll see the light of day in reality.

83G/84D

Established Member
Volvo B7TL 32623 seen heading down to Penzance this afternoon. 32636, 32686 & 37018 were at the depot.
E200 44918 towed into Camborne and 44920 undergoing attention here.

embers25

Established Member
Wouldn't increased use of open tops help control the spread if people need ot travel?