• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterSpenny

Looking through the chassis of the GB Kite Electroliners on Bus Lists on the Web (buslistsontheweb.co.uk) and I noticed that 63531 has been missed?
The below link is trying to tell me it’s plate is BN23YSB but I don’t think it got registered, especially considering it’s strikethroughed.

BN23 YSB

Model: Wright GB Kite Electroliner

Operator: First Midlands

Fleet number: 63531

Depot: Leicester

Original registration: BN23 YSB

Livery: Leicester buses green

Search for photos on Flickr: All / Last 180 days

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cnjb8

Established Member
Looking through the chassis of the GB Kite Electroliners on Bus Lists on the Web (buslistsontheweb.co.uk) and I noticed that 63531 has been missed?
The below link is trying to tell me it’s plate is BN23YSB but I don’t think it got registered, especially considering it’s strikethroughed.
It had to go back to Wright for modifications. Unsure if it ever received that reg though

adrianjohnson

Have deliveries of electric buses for First finished now? Is the plan for Leicester to be fully electric? I've looked on bustimes and there are still some diesel single deckers left, and there are no electric double deckers - any due to arrive?

borage

Have deliveries of electric buses for First finished now? Is the plan for Leicester to be fully electric? I've looked on bustimes and there are still some diesel single deckers left, and there are no electric double deckers - any due to arrive?
I count 68 electric single deckers on the bustimes.org list, leaving a further 18 buses still to come (which were funded more recently), and according to this document (Zebra Extension Redacted Bid (January 2023) [pdf - 5.01 Mb]) the remaining 18 will be double deckers:
18 additional double deck buses are requested.

LazyGuy222

Has a type on order been revealed by any chance?
Wright Streetdeck Electroliners have been ordered. As far as I’m aware it’s now 22 that have been ordered rather than 18, which is good as currently routes that need double deckers are using singles, and there’s been a fair bit of overcrowding on routes.

SSmith2009

Wright Streetdeck Electroliners have been ordered. As far as I’m aware it’s now 22 that have been ordered rather than 18, which is good as currently routes that need double deckers are using singles, and there’s been a fair bit of overcrowding on routes.
I thought it was upped to 26? The planned 18 then another extra 8 for the 54

Quite a lot of overcrowding on the New Parks services (13 & 14/14A) while deckers are running near enough empty on the 4 and 15

LazyGuy222

Quite a lot of overcrowding on the New Parks services (13 & 14/14A) while deckers are running near enough empty on the 4 and 15
It may very well have increased to 26, least I heard it was 22 though.
Surprised about deckers being empty on the 4, very busy route normally.

Robertj21a

On Moderation

Presumably 8 more deckers means that 8 of the single deck Kites will move elsewhere.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
There are still some B7RLEs in service at Leicester so they will be replaced by these Kites
The total number required (PVR) is easily calculated. Are there any planned increases that would require 8 more buses? I'm sure the B7RLEs remaining will go soon as they appear to have been effectively replaced by Kites already.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterSpenny

buslistsontheweb.co.uk has confirmed 63531 to now be BK73AMV

Status
Not open for further replies.