• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Midland Bluebird

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Focus

At Balfron? That has been the only school where it has been suggested that Carrs were taking over.
As far as I can tell First operate the following from the High School:
308, 313: Not council contracts
507, 510, 512, 513, 515, 516, B10 & B12: All listed as school buses on the council website.
Of the above the 308, 510, 512, 515 & 516 have been cancelled, the rest remain registered at this time. An increase of four for Carrs directly correlates with the four 5xx services cancelled by First.
Lambert have had a few cancelled mostly St Mungos HS ,Graeme High and another few .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WHL Spotter

Midland Bluebirdwill have to belt the buses they are planning on using on the remaining schools they managed to keep.
As the Schools have been retendered early the Schools require to be belted.

Observer

Midland Bluebirdwill have to belt the buses they are planning on using on the remaining schools they managed to keep.
As the Schools have been retendered early the Schools require to be belted.
Not a problem if they are contracts using the coaches or BMCs.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Someone answer me a questions please, Bannockburns 59 route, where does it turn in Deanston?

I'm pretty sure the bus just reverses back in to this space here between the two houses. If you go on to the satellite image of the same spot (much more recent), you can see there's "keep clear" markings.

robertclark125

Established Member
First has handed back one of the fife school runs, but more could follow...

Although Stagecoach east Scotland's Dunfermline depot is thought to have a shortage of drivers, the recent movement of all of Dunfermlines diagrams on route 7 to Aberhill may have been in connection with any shortage, but also possibly this. There are suggestions, on the East Scotland thread, of a redistribution of work between the Fife depots occuring, although some off this could also be linked in with a possible movement of some work from Moffat and Williamson to the main Stagecoach fleet.

Whether or not the movement of any work is linked to First handing back any contracts is unknown.

Big Ralphie

When is the changes going to happen as I heard m&w have lost work to stagecoach there's usually big changes in August when the schools go back but could it be before then!

robertclark125

Established Member
That's the thing Big ralpphie, I don't know. It's not so much M&W has lost work, but they've possibly decided to transfer work back to Stagecoach.

That's slightly off topic, but, with a planned redistribution of work between depots, I'm just wondering if any ex First school contracts in Fife have been picked up, and if so, how many vehicles.

Big Ralphie

Yeh I would think first will be happy to give away school contracts in fife and concentrate the efforts and resources to there core area and any intending move to put on more services in Edinburgh in commpation with lothian.

LiviCrazy

There was one of the school buses down in Livingston at the Bus Terminal this morning.

SF55 TXC. Never seen one in Livingston before.

In Focus

There was one of the school buses down in Livingston at the Bus Terminal this morning.

SF55 TXC. Never seen one in Livingston before.
It gets used for route training at weekends .
Runs Winchburgh to St Margaret's academy on School days.

overthewater

Established Member
Looks like the F23 has ended once again.

• PM1087005/2 Cancelled
    R.B. COACHES LIMITED
    Route: Stenhousemuir, Asda to Charing Cross, Grangemouth via Carrenshore, Skinflats
    Service number: F23 ()
    Service type: Normal Stopping
    Effective date: 22 Apr 2019

• PM0000003/607 Cancelled
    MIDLAND BLUEBIRD LTD
    Route: Stirling (snowdon Place) to St Modans High School via Cambusbarron, St. Ninians, Broomridge, Wallace park
    Service number: 532 ()
  • PM0000003/479 Registered
    MIDLAND BLUEBIRD LTD
    Route: Callander Station Road to Stirling Bus Station
    Service number: 59 ()
    Effective date: 23 Apr 2019

• PM0000003/649 Registered
    MIDLAND BLUEBIRD LTD
    Route: Bannockburn, Forthview to Cromlix Road End via Braehead, Stirling, Cornton, Bridge of Allan, Dunblane
    Service number: C48 ()
    Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
    Effective date: 23 Apr 2019

• PM0000003/601 Cancelled
    MIDLAND BLUEBIRD LTD
    Route: Balfron (Buchanan Street, Clinic) to Callander (McLaren High School) via Gartmore, Aberfoyle, Port of Menteith)
    Service number: 504 ()

LiviCrazy

I was thinking earlier on of an improvement FSE could make on the current timetables. Currently after about 7pm the 24/25 and the 23 are leaving Edinburgh City Centre within about a minute of each other. Given both are going to Livingston I think they should change the timetable so that they have a combined 15min frequency between Edinburgh and Livingston. Same going the other way obviously.

Gingerbus1991

Its seems to be in the planning stage at the moment with SPT subsidising the glasgow side of things, my local councilor announced it on social media.

Attachments

• 0C7463D5-89E7-4306-83F7-3A0D36554328.jpeg
    0C7463D5-89E7-4306-83F7-3A0D36554328.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 65

overthewater

Established Member
Sounds like the X36 will get cut back to hourly service and extra run will be on the X35 to keep 30min headway on the Glasgow - Cumbernauld service. I wonder what other changes are being planned.

Gingerbus1991

I think you might end up seeing a reduced hourly service on FiGs 89 as well from Kilsyth.

I very much doubt the X35 will go via cumbernauld town centre.

Gingerbus1991

So like craiglinn then onto m80?
Craiglinn Interchange already gets the decade-established FiG x3 into town via Westfield and Muirhead, it offers reasonably fast journeys on route.

This supposed x35 could simply operate via Banton, kilsyth/Airdrie Rd, Croy/train station and Blackwood Village then directly onto glasgow via Mollins Rd and M80.

Like I say it's a good opportunity to steal a few people I think from Croy train station but only if journeys are kept as quick as possible and are reasonably priced, with the Glasgow side of the route being SPT supported I presume that fares could be kept quite low.

It is gonna need a decker on it for peak times, it will also of course offer kilsyth a glasgow bus from the southend of kilsyth.

Observer

When the X37 increased in frequency the additional bus is usually quiet, wouldn't be surprised if that was being cut for this X35.

83G/84D

Established Member
White Streetlite DRZ9713 in Larbert depot this afternoon. Formerly with Potteries as 63180.

Status
Not open for further replies.