• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Midland Bluebird

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnolife

Established Member
Timetable for X53 now on Traveline...
I'm assuming that it's missing a Term time only note - otherwise their running two buses at the same time from Kinross to Stirling, and two 5 minutes apart in the other direction.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordan Adam

Established Member
The new PDF Timetables for the 20/63/68 are now online additionally the "ticket zone" / network map has been updated to include the new routes.

Service 20/63/68 timetable booklet.

First Scotland East Network Map

Wow - that's much better than I was expecting - is that at the cost of some Stirling - Tillicoultry (Alloa) journeys on the 52?

No changes to the 51/52 so these new X53 journeys are in addition to the existing 51/52. I agree, i'm quite impressed by the level of service too.

overthewater

Established Member
Service x53 is replacing 55 and from 12th sept, No51 should be back in clackmannan.

Note: the map still has X35 still going to Glasgow, and 7&8 are still also shown.

Last edited:

PaulMc7

Established Member
Surprised there's not a timetable on First's own site yet for the X53 considering it's really not long til it starts

route101

Established Member
Service x53 is replacing 55 and from 12th sept, No51 should be back in clackmannan.

Note: the map still has X35 still going to Glasgow, and 7&8 are still also shown.

Service to Kinross is not showing either.

Did not realise the X22 done Shotts to Edinburgh.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
The X53 timetable is now on the First website along with a dedicated page for the X53.

Service X53 timetable.

Service X53 Page

**** Separate post ****

First have now confirmed the 51 is being extended to Clackmannan.

From Saturday 12th September, we're extending Service 51 to Clackmanan.
Your service connecting the following destinations with two buses per hour connecting Alloa to Clackmanan.

• Clackmannan
  • Alloa
  • Tulibody
  • Stirling
  • Bannockburn
  • Cowie
Click here to view timetable

Last edited:

PaulMc7

Established Member

Some new forthcoming timetables on now for the following starting later this week/Monday:

UL/ULN
6/7/8
51/52
X53

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Details of the service changes can be found here - https://www.firstgroup.com/south-east-and-central-scotland/plan-journey/september-service-changes

From Saturday 12th September, we're making changes to selected services.
As many services return towards pre-covid timetables, we are delighted to announce the following changes will operate. This includes the launch of new First Bus service X53, and extension to our existing service 51 to now serve Clackmanan.

Please note that services not listed below, will remain unchanged.

Please click here to visit our timetable section.
Changes from Saturday 12th September

ServiceDetail of change
51Route now extended to serve Clackmanan!
Revised timetable
Daytime journeys on Monday - Saturday will see two journeys per hour extended from Alloa to Clackmanan.
Click here to learn more about extension to Service 51!
52Revised Timetable
X53 NEW Service operating between Stirling and Kinross
Monday to Saturday timetable
Some Journeys will divert via Stirling University Bus Hub at peak times (Monday - Friday semester days)
Click here to learn more about new service X53!
Uni LinkStirling University semester timetable reinstated
Click here to learn more about travel to Stirling University
Uni Link Night ServiceStirling University Night Services reinstated.
Journeys will operate approx between 2330 and 0115
Buses will now operate to Alexandra Court instead of University Bus Hub
In Stirling Centre, buses will now start and finish at Goosecroft Road.

Changes from Monday 14th September
ServiceDetail of Change
1Monday to Saturday frequency increased to every 15 minutes
5Monday to Saturday frequency increased to every 15 minutes
6, 6A, 6BMonday to Saturday frequency revised to every 15 minutes.
Service 6A reverts ti Sunday only, and is replaced Monday - Saturday by the reintroduction of services 7 and 8.
Service 6B discontinued.
7, 8These services are reinstated in full.

route101

Established Member
Question, is the 51/52 a loop.Can i jump on at Stirling and do the loop , with service terminating anywhere?

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Question, is the 51/52 a loop.Can i jump on at Stirling and do the loop , with service terminating anywhere?

Yes. The 51 runs every 15 minutes between Stirling and Alloa, at Alloa half the buses go on to the 52 while the other half continue to Clackmannan. The same happens in reverse where the 52 goes on to a 51.

route101

Established Member
Yes. The 51 runs every 15 minutes between Stirling and Alloa, at Alloa half the buses go on to the 52 while the other half continue to Clackmannan. The same happens in reverse where the 52 goes on to a 51.

Thanks, might give this route a bash.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Thanks, might give this route a bash.

The A71 section of the route (covered by the 52/X53) is nice, albeit when i last done it it was still the old 62/63 and they were using a mix of Ex-Aberdeen B10BLEs and Flolines, (including new to Aberdeen T566BSS which is now preserved with FirstGroup).

route101

Established Member
The A71 section of the route (covered by the 52/X53) is nice, albeit when i last done it it was still the old 62/63 and they were using a mix of Ex-Aberdeen B10BLEs and Flolines, (including new to Aberdeen T566BSS which is now preserved with FirstGroup).

Dont you mean the A91 ha. Might give this route a bash. ALong with the callendar route.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Dont you mean the A91 ha. Might give this route a bash. ALong with the callendar route.

Yes! I actually noticed the mistake but couldn't edit my post as i'm on moderation.

I've not done the 59 before but i have been camping in that area before. i agree, some stunning scenery.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
This thread is terminating here. Change here for further discussion of First Midland Bluebird operations:

Status
Not open for further replies.