• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cnjb8

Established Member
First fleet movements says there is a new vehicle to the group at Camborne numbered 54103. Not sure what it is though.

richw

Veteran Member
Ah ok, I thought that left already. Its been seen in service with CT4N in Nottingham
Only had it for 4-5 days.

previous Sprinter type demonstrators across the group have been allocated 5410* numbers so it would fit in to that sequence

vla50

Is there any reason why First Kernow is purchasing open tops from other companies when they could convert their own? An example could be instead of purchasing Rubicons Tridents they could've converted some of the school extras that came over.

On the Buses

Is there any reason why First Kernow is purchasing open tops from other companies when they could convert their own? An example could be instead of purchasing Rubicons Tridents they could've converted some of the school extras that came over.
It costs more
It takes longer
There aren’t any spare deckers available

Last edited:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
As @On the Buses says, when you're looking at vehicles of "a certain age" then it makes sense both financially and timewise to get ones that are already converted.

Not certain about the reference to not being spares but might be that the deal to sell the ALXs to Ensign has details that us mortals don't know (and nor should we).

JamesC357

Saw LK51 UYE (I believe) in two tone green leaving Mardens of Benfleet, Essex this afternoon, presumably after repaint. I guess this was the start of its long journey down to Cornwall

83G/84D

Established Member
It looks like the Park & Ride / car park shuttle service has resumed at St Erth railway station. A green Optare Solo SR was seen there today. Coaster open tops 33428 & 33592 seen all marked up in Camborne.

richw

Veteran Member
I think it's gonna be 53257 and 53258 although that's just me guessing.
As 53258 is in standard fleet green as seen in the attached photos I suspect that is least likely. I would expect 3 to be done that are in route branding for routes they no longer work.

Attachments

• 2B33B4E5-2336-4762-9E45-760F5EEFCCB6.jpeg
    2B33B4E5-2336-4762-9E45-760F5EEFCCB6.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 34

On the Buses

As 53258 is in standard fleet green as seen in the attached photos I suspect that is least likely. I would expect 3 to be done that are in route branding for routes they no longer work.
Quite. It’s the three Atlantic Coasters

Will they be towed down as per previous trident open tops from ensign?
As per the last two they will be exchanged at Swindon Truckstop for two B7TLs