• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

On the Buses

Does anyone know will the two open top lizard deckers run on the L1 or L5.

Also I know one of the new decker has arrived but has the other one.
L1. You mean the two Lizard Open Tops? One is in Cornwall being prepared for service. Likely to receive vinyls tomorrow all being well. The second is being technically tended to by Ensign ahead of a second attempt at delivery.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lizard1324

L1. You mean the two Lizard Open Tops? One is in Cornwall being prepared for service. Likely to receive vinyls tomorrow all being well. The second is being me technically tended to by Ensign ahead of a second attempt at delivery.
Thanks for that, I'm assuming the L1 will start with one open and one closed decker on Sunday.
Then when the second open top Lizard is delivered and vinyled it will go into service.

Last edited by a moderator:

On the Buses

Thanks for that, I'm assuming the L1 will start with one open and one closed decker on Sunday.
Then when the second open top lizard is delivered and vinyled it will go into service.
There are a healthy number of spare open tops in fleet so not necessarily.

Last edited:

Lizard1324

There won’t be no bus.
The spare open tops include ones that don’t have a specific adventure on the livery.
I see, is it one of the spare open toppers with a base colour of blue (e.g. lands end coasters base colours)?

On the Buses

I see, is it one of the spare open toppers with a base colour of blue (e.g. lands end coasters base colours)
At present the spares consist of three in full LEC and two awaiting vinyls to put them into a generic Coaster version and 1 to go into full Exeter. There will then be a pool of 4 vehicles available for the S1/2/3 which gives 2 spare.

Lizard1324

At present the spares consist of three in full LEC and two awaiting vinyls to put them into a generic Coaster version and 1 to go into full Exeter. There will then be a pool of 4 vehicles available for the S1/2/3 which gives 2 spare.
Thank you.
Do you have any information on what vehicles will be going into the new U4 livery? I did notice that 33306 hasn't tracked on bus times for a while. (I know bus times isn't correct alot of the time so could be doing hidden work)

Last edited:

teggers419

Yes valid on them

Why?
Thanks for your answer. Just think once this has all started you can have a well earned rest after all your hard work to get this sorted! I for one appreciate all of your responses to my many questions and so hope this new network is a success for all concerned.

On the Buses

Thank you.
Do you have any information on what vehicles will be going into the new U4 livery? I did notice that 33306 hasn't tracked on bus times for a while. (I know bus times isn't correct alot of the time so could be doing hidden work)
Not to share at this stage. There is no U4 livery. It’s Lizard. The last DayTripper Solo is in paint, provisionally due to be followed by the two Exeter open tops and the two Maritime Museum Scanias, then Lizards.

Thanks for your answer. Just think once this has all started you can have a well earned rest after all your hard work to get this sorted!!! I for one appreciate al of your responses to my many questions and so hope this new network is a success for all concerned.
We certainly cannot! That is just stage one. We have a heavy list of supporting things to work on immediately and a plan that takes us through to Easter 2022.

Last edited:

Lizard1324

Not to share at this stage. The last DayTripper Solo is in paint, provisionally doe to be followed by the two Exeter open tops and the two Maritime Museum Scanias, then Lizards.

We certainly cannot! That is just stage one. We have a heavy list of supporting things to work on immediately and a plan that takes us through to Easter 2022.
Thank you.
Are two Maritime scanias still in Cornwall, or did they go to Somerset?

Also are there any plans to replace the poppy and pride livery in the future (when the Presidents leave)?

On the Buses

Thank you.
Are Are two maritime scanias still in Cornwall? Or did they go to Somerset.

Also is there any plans to replace the poppy and pride livery in the future. (When the presidents leave)
Returning this weekend with Kernow’s 5 Darts going the other way.

83G/84D

Established Member
30880 still at Stuarts Volvo today.

No I think that is a typo in Atlantic coaster leaflet . If you read the other routes to try bit it says open top Dartmoor Explorer. I know it isn't but an guessing that is the typo not spotted by proof readers

On the Lizard publicity there is a spelling mistake. Below the feature on RNAS Culdrose with a picture of a Merlin helicopter, Gunwalloe is spelt incorrectly with a "w" at the end instead of an "e".

Last edited:

Busgeek

30880 still at Stuarts Volvo today.

On the Lizard publicity there is a spelling mistake. Below the feature on RNAS Culdrose with a picture of a Merlin helicopter, Gunwalloe is spelt incorrectly with a "w" at the end instead of an "e".
Where can I find the leaflet?

berneyarms

Established Member

Goldfish62

Established Member
They’ve been on Traveline for weeks and on the forthcoming timetables tab for a while. However, for a couple of complicated technical issues related to the two existing websites being linked to the new ABB website and some late to-ing and fro-ing with statutory consultees the wider update had only just been able to be signed off
Thanks for the explanation. I thought there had to be some specific issue given there's usually good advance notice.

Very impressive set of leaflets. Pleased to see the excellent Star Inn at Crowlas is highlighted. :D

One thing on the web text for the Land's End Coaster. It mentions that it will no longer serve Botallack Village, but doesn't mention the rerouting in Penzance. Also on the 17 there's no mention of the alternate journeys via St Teresa's.

Bill Badger

One thing on the web text for the Land's End Coaster. It mentions that it will no longer serve Botallack Village.

That's a shame I've always enjoyed sitting outside the Queens Arms, seeing the bus appearing, finishing off my pint and sticking my hand out :)

Can still do this from the right seats in the garden at Gurnards Head though!

Goldfish62

Established Member
That's a shame I've always enjoyed sitting outside the Queens Arms, seeing the bus appearing, finishing off my pint and sticking my hand out :)

Can still do this from the right seats in the garden at Gurnards Head though!
Yes, the Queen's Arms is a good spot for dropping off mid-circuit!

charlie1284

Also on the 17 there's no mention of the alternate journeys via St Teresa's.
Journeys have gone via St Teresa's since around Christmas time. I have seen a couple of A17 going past the top of the Marazion station in the past few months.

Also a Green MMC passed me heading into Cornwall earlier at Launceston on the A30 this morning. Any idea what its doing or where it could've come from?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Excellent - good to see & looks very professional!

Congrats to On The Buses and all involved - hope it’s a success
I'd expect it to be nothing but professional. However, it's a superb piece of work as a whole.

Can only hope that FK get the (financial) rewards that it deserves
I love the little bus icons - are they a Best Impressions job?
Mentioned on here before that Best Impressions (and other parties) have been heavily involved.