• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

vla50

Does that mean the likes of 37182/3/5 are now not staying in Cornwall after the swap for the 3 08 plate E400s?
No I think he means buses like 32670/37003 which arrived recently into Kernow however may head out to BOS to begin replacing their aging Trident fleet.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
Enviro 500 38225 has arrived at Camborne whilst it appears that the damaged "Vamooz" Trident has been removed although I cannot confirm this.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Was today the first day of 'new' opentoppers on the Lands End Explorer service, or have I seen the same bus on three separate occasions? Actually, it was the same bus on two occasions (33426 was the no. I tried to commit to memory) and looked resplendent in the autumn sun as it passed over Ross Bridge, but I didn't think it looked the same one on the third occasion, passing by in the other direction on the Marazion By-Pass, not a place to take your eyes off the road for even a moment.
The 17 is the home of the Geminis these days, not Tridents. :)
Oh well, shows what I know about (recently) modern buses. :)

richw

Veteran Member
Was today the first day of 'new' opentoppers on the Lands End Explorer service, or have I seen the same bus on three separate occasions? Actually, it was the same bus on two occasions (33426 was the no. I tried to commit to memory) and looked resplendent in the autumn sun as it passed over Ross Bridge, but I didn't think it looked the same one on the third occasion, passing by in the other direction on the Marazion By-Pass, not a place to take your eyes off the road for even a moment.

Oh well, shows what I know about (recently) modern buses. :)
Two e400 open toppers have tracked on Lands End today. 33426, and 33592.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Ah, thanks, that'll be it then.
It'll presumably be because they're not required on the Atlantic Coaster with it's reduced Winter service and to allow a full open top service on the Land's End Coaster when closed toppers might have otherwise substituted.

Mind you what looks like at least one duty daily is being cut on the Land's End Coaster due to staff shortages, resulting in several two hour gaps.

Callum15632

Not sure about the one that was taken to Wells by Wigleys
It was still there on Saturday 38208 I think it was and the driver at Wells said that they are cleaning it and then it will head to Truro. He said that on Saturday when I went to Wells to celebrate 100, years of transportation.

CD

It was still there on Saturday 38208 I think it was and the driver at Wells said that they are cleaning it and then it will head to Truro. He said that on Saturday when I went to Wells to celebrate 100, years of transportation.
It was still in Wells on Wednesday evening, when I passed the depot. But seen at Taunton depot midday on Thursday. Believe it is 38206 not 38208.

richw

Veteran Member
It was still in Wells on Wednesday evening, when I passed the depot. But seen at Taunton depot midday on Thursday. Believe it is 38206 not 38208.
The one at Taunton is a different one.

83G/84D

Established Member
I don't know if it has been mentioned before but Gemini 37181 is in base Lizard colours & 37002 is in full Lizard colours (with branding applied).

Callum15632

Is 37182 getting repainted? If so what is it getting repainted into? It tracked as a 950 from Summercourt to Bodmin Paint Shop.

LAIRA

First Group period 6 allocation reports that Taunton has received a new coach 29501 and Camborne also has a new coach 56101.

Please has anyone have details of these new coaches?

richw

Veteran Member
First Group period 6 allocation reports that Taunton has received a new coach 29501 and Camborne also has a new coach 56101.

Please has anyone have details of these new coaches?
56101 is WA13AMK a Mercedes Sitcar Beluga, which is based in the east of Cornwall for a new school contract

Somerset received BD65KAE previously MC65MEC at the same Time, not sure of that ones fleet number but it’s a MAN Mobi People Mini explorer

Last edited: