• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First TPE - 'Awaiting Shortlisting'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRN481V

Hi all,

I have three online applications with FTPE, all of which are showing as 'Awaiting Shortlisting' when I check their status. The closing date for two of these has passed, so is 'awaiting shortlisting' a polite way of saying 'thanks, but no thanks' or should I still hold out some hope?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rriley27

Hi all,

I have three online applications with FTPE, all of which are showing as 'Awaiting Shortlisting' when I check their status. The closing date for two of these has passed, so is 'awaiting shortlisting' a polite way of saying 'thanks, but no thanks' or should I still hold out some hope?

Thanks in advance.

It means that the recruitment managers have still to make a decision on your application.
Once they have made a decision, the status of your application will change to an 'invite to online test' or 'unsuccessful - shortlisting'.
There aren't any timescales on how long the shortlisting takes.
They will tell you whether you are successful or unsuccessful.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:

martin2345uk

Established Member
Also rejected for driver! :) I wasn't expecting to get through on the first attempt, I need to focus on getting a bit of semi-relevant experience really!

thomas69

Hi, new to the forum but have been a reader of it for a while. I am still waiting for my status to change from 'awaiting shortlisting' from about 3-4 weeks ago. Do they usually take this long or could there be a problem? It's for a driver vacancy. I don't really want to email them just yet. Thought I'd see what you knowledgeable people might think.

rriley27

Hi, new to the forum but have been a reader of it for a while. I am still waiting for my status to change from 'awaiting shortlisting' from about 3-4 weeks ago. Do they usually take this long or could there be a problem? It's for a driver vacancy. I don't really want to email them just yet. Thought I'd see what you knowledgeable people might think.

Which division of First Group - Scotrail, TPE etc?
I submitted an application in early November and haven't heard.
Just be patient - they'll get back to you.

jscho84233

Thomas69 - There's no problem. They get a phenomenal amount of applications for a driver post - it takes a long time to sift through them all and weed out the ones they want to invite for assessment.

I applied for a driver post with FGW in early November, and it wasn't until mid January that I heard anything from them and my status changed from Awaiting Shortlisting. All you can do is sit tight. Frustrating, I know, but that's how they work!

charlie873

I applied for 3 trainee drivers positions with FCC in Jan 2010, 2 were unsuccessful at shortlisting and I forgot about the 3rd. I left the Army on 2nd June and on the 5th of june I got an email inviting me to London for assessments. I'd forgot all about it by then. Passed the assessments and psychometric test's etc, but failed the interview.

plymothian

Nothing unusual for First, I have some from back in December still awaiting shortlisting. Yesterday I received an email about one saying the post had been filled and apologising for the wait, even though it is still awaiting shortlisting.

fgwrich

Established Member
Nothing unusual for First, I have some from back in December still awaiting shortlisting. Yesterday I received an email about one saying the post had been filled and apologising for the wait, even though it is still awaiting shortlisting.

Laira depot shunters job i presume? Mind you, the longest shortlisting status ive got is for a job in Reading from back in the middle of November!

Status
Not open for further replies.