• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West Midlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

So I caught the 3 today, one of the shiny new ones they bought us (won't make up for them not going into the bus station sorry nx).

Anyway, everyone throws their tickets in the metro bin, nothing new there. What was new was that they were First group tickets.

Read anything into this? Or just a weird mistake?

This: http://www.indepthsheffield.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/FirstWeek-ticket-Bus-52-300x113.jpg

Can't find a pick of what they should look like.

Some context for people who don't know, National Express West Midlands is pretty much the monopoly in the county, with a fleet of 1741 buses (wp). First were going to buy them at some point but never did.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Pardon, are you saying that you have had a First Group ticket issued on a National Express West Midlands bus :?: I am totally confused.

TP

Badger

Yes, basically. It seems like the paper they were printing them on was a roll with the wrong company's logos on the back.

I guess a plausible explanation is a group of people all with first tickets got the bus and dumped their tickets on it, but there are no first buses anywhere near here.

Last edited:

BestWestern

Established Member
Did you actually see the machine on the bus spit out any First tickets, or were they just sat in the used ticket bin? It'd be very strange indeed if NatEx were banging out Barbie tickets! I flick through a bus mag monthly and there's been no mention of any takeover that I've noticed, and even if there was I'd imagine there would be a healthy stock of the correct ticket rolls that needed using up!

dvboy

Established Member
Are you sure it wasn't just a ticket from one of the First services from Worcestershire that come into Birmingham? They all terminate on Smallbrook Queensway.

Badger

There were a bunch of them but that sounds likely. It was a brand-spanking-new 11 plate bus, that would likely have never seen Birmingham, but things have a habit of moving around heh. I wasn't aware First came into Birmingham, I should check that out. NX:WM pale in comparison to their Leicester buses.

Status
Not open for further replies.