• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveHarries

Established Member
ComfortDelGro Bristol? They bought South Wales based New Adventure a couple of years ago.
Hmm. Who knows. But I think Stagecoach might take some parts of FirstGroup's bus operations. Wonder if Stagecoach would have a go at Bath.....

Dave

D2007wsm

Established Member
Good lord - wonder what route it took
It would’ve used the diversion route, for when the guided section is closed or if a non guide wheel bus has to be used.

It would operate normal route until the start of the guided section but would instead go up onto the Cumberland Basin, then onto the A370 as far as the Long Ashton and would then go in towards the Park and Ride to go along the new road over towards the Link Road.

carlberry

Established Member
It would’ve used the diversion route, for when the guided section is closed or if a non guide wheel bus has to be used.

It would operate normal route until the start of the guided section but would instead go up onto the Cumberland Basin, then onto the A370 as far as the Long Ashton and would then go in towards the Park and Ride to go along the new road over towards the Link Road.
Shame about the timings (evening rush hour) as, most of the day, that's likely to be faster that faffing around with the busway.

Marcus Fryer

When I saw it it was going west down The Grove at about 19:00. I think it had come from Redcliffe Hill as I didn't notice it at Temple Meads. When I got home I did some investigation on bus times. My guess it was probably following the A2 route, and running early.
Its previous working was the 16:03 from Henbury to Hengrove, but it was probably taken off at Rupert St and used to substitute 36831, which seems to have been the booked bus for the 17.50.

Last edited:

D2007wsm

Established Member
When I saw it it was going west down The Grove at about 19:00. I think it had come from Redcliffe Hill as I didn't notice it at Temple Meads. When I got home I did some investigation on bus times. My guess it was probably following the A2 route, and running early.
Its previous working was the 16:03 from Henbury to Hengrove, but it was probably taken off at Rupert St and used to substitute 36831, which seems to have been the booked bus for the 17.50.
They are not supposed to follow the A2 route, they are supposed to follow the route as above. If it was that late and it had no passengers for Temple Meads, it may have been regulated and instructed to go to the Bus Station.

I believe one of the A1s has trouble with its guide wheel yesterday, that may have been why it was swapped.

diffywood

Due to overnight works taking place on the Ashton Guideway it will be unavoidably closed between 22:30 on 7th June through to 06:00 on 8th June

Wonder what route they will take

carlberry

Established Member
Due to overnight works taking place on the Ashton Guideway it will be unavoidably closed between 22:30 on 7th June through to 06:00 on 8th June

Wonder what route they will take
Isn't that answered in post 22115?

diffywood

Found it
TOWARDS Bristol Airport

Cumberland Road, Smeaton Road, Brunel Way (A3029), Brunel Way (A370), Winterstoke Road, Ashton Road, Brunel Way (A370), Gurney Roundabout, Colliters Way to resume normal route on South Bristol Link Road (A4174)

TOWARDS Bristol City Centre

South Bristol Link Road (A4174), Gurney Roundabout, Brunel Way (A370), Portishead Way, Clanage Road, Brunel Way (A370), Brunel Lock Road, McAdam Way, Ashton Avenue before resuming normal route on Cumberland Road.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
47545 has been working Wells duties since 1640 Bath-Wells 174 on Saturday.

Not always reliable but bustimes showing that 35167 hasn't turned a wheel for some time and 35166 has been VOR for a week. Another Streetdeck and 37610. Wonder how long before they move the Streetdecks out of Wells and when the remaining Eclipses will be moved out to be replaced by B9s

CD

Not always reliable but bustimes showing that 35167 hasn't turned a wheel for some time and 35166 has been VOR for a week. Another Streetdeck and 37610. Wonder how long before they move the Streetdecks out of Wells and when the remaining Eclipses will be moved out to be replaced by B9s
But currently 7 out of the 10 Streetdecks in service, an improvement on the last few weeks.

CD

True but four deckers VOR is a bit to cope with. Don't know if 32673 was a replacement for 69438?

It'll be interesting to see how fleet changes progress to allow the 59 plate Eclipses to make their forecasted move to Leicester.
Expect it all depends when/if more B7TLs/B9TLs are available to replace them.

As far as I know 32669/73/88 are all Bath allocated and are loaned to Wells if required. Incidentally all 3 are currently out of service and it was one of these that failed on 172 on Saturday to get 47545 on 174. As I was intending to catch the 1640 174 but saw that the Bath bound 172 did not run, I was able to do 69437 on the previous 174 to Wells.

BBC

I know for a fact James freeman wants to get ride of the street decks/lites as they’re are unrealiable and dangerous under breaking.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Noticed heading through Old Market at around 1905hrs this evening (Thursday 6th) was Eclipse 69441 on Service 42.

Dave

DaveHarries

Established Member
First Cymru have announced, through their website, changes to a number of routes effective Sunday 16th June in the Swansea, Neath & West Wales areas. Routes affected are:

West Wales: L3, L4
Neath / Port Talbot: X8, 84
Swansea: 4 / 4A, 6, 10, 11, 14, 16, 27, 28, 29, 32, 39 & 961.
Details: [URL]https://www.firstgroup.com/south-west-wales/news-and-service-updates/planned-changes/service-changes-16-june-2019[/url]

In addition a look on the VOSA Bus Service Registrations for 06th June yielded cancellation of Swansea Park & Ride services 501 (Landore) & 502 (Fabian Way) also effective 16th June. I did wonder if another operator had won them on tender but it transpires that other routes are to be revised to replace them: Services 8 (Fabian Way) and 34 (Landore).
Details: [URL]https://www.firstgroup.com/south-west-wales/news-and-service-updates/planned-changes/changes-swansea-park-ride-services[/url]

HTIOI,
Dave

Marcus Fryer

Noticed heading through Old Market at around 1905hrs this evening (Thursday 6th) was Eclipse 69441 on Service 42.

Dave
According to bustimes.org it spent the whole afternoon from 14:55 to close of service on the 42/42A yesterday (Thursday), and today it's on the Y4 Yate to Bristol, starting with the 07:15 ex Yate and continuing throughout the whole day.

Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member
First Cymru have announced, through their website, changes to a number of routes effective Sunday 16th June in the Swansea, Neath & West Wales areas. Routes affected are:

West Wales: L3, L4
Neath / Port Talbot: X8, 84
Swansea: 4 / 4A, 6, 10, 11, 14, 16, 27, 28, 29, 32, 39 & 961.
Details: https://www.firstgroup.com/south-we.../planned-changes/service-changes-16-june-2019

In addition a look on the VOSA Bus Service Registrations for 06th June yielded cancellation of Swansea Park & Ride services 501 (Landore) & 502 (Fabian Way) also effective 16th June. I did wonder if another operator had won them on tender but it transpires that other routes are to be revised to replace them: Services 8 (Fabian Way) and 34 (Landore).
Details: https://www.firstgroup.com/south-we...ed-changes/changes-swansea-park-ride-services

HTIOI,
Dave

So all of the students/staff at Swansea Bay Campus AND Fabian Way P&R users are both expected to use the 8? Not entirely sure on how that will go down.