• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

carlberry

Established Member
Well I heard it last week I've seen it been posted on Facebook so yes, I had it confirmed they are doing the 24, I believe utilising their Enviro 200, with a bus or two coming from South West Coaches to cover the other diagram and the Warminster - Sutton / Town stuff
Is there any offical confirmation anywhere as it's not on Beeline's website, their Twitter stops in 2013 and they dont appear to be on Faceache?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Is there any offical confirmation anywhere as it's not on Beeline's website, their Twitter stops in 2013 and they dont appear to be on Faceache?

Not sure there would be to be honest, as you say the Beeline website seems abandoned and frankly the 'Connecting Wiltshire' website is next to useless. So unless First want to reference it on their publicity I don't know where else it would turn up.

For whats it worth, this is what is circulating, although as said there is no official source.

Attachments

• beeline_24_31012022.jpg
    beeline_24_31012022.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 85

83G/84D

Established Member
39471 damaged in a bridge strike incident near Bristol Parkway station this afternoon whilst it was on service 73.

-Colly405-

I'm intrigued as to the movements of a 75 yesterday evening, as I can't think why it happened...

A 75 arrived at Cribbs and set down passengers in the central bays. It immediately left the bus station, went down to the Asda roundabout, and came straight back into its proper stop to pick up.

Is there an problem with turning right leaving the bus station and turning immediately right to get straight back in?

freetoview33

Established Member
I'm intrigued as to the movements of a 75 yesterday evening, as I can't think why it happened...

A 75 arrived at Cribbs and set down passengers in the central bays. It immediately left the bus station, went down to the Asda roundabout, and came straight back into its proper stop to pick up.

Is there an problem with turning right leaving the bus station and turning immediately right to get straight back in?
Drivers go down ASDA for the toilet and food!

Callum15632

Drivers go down ASDA for the toilet and food!
They didn't mean going into Asda they meant leaving the bus station turning left instead of right and going down to the Asda roundabout and then turning around there and then going back up to the bus station and going to its proper bus stop. Not going into ASDA.

Asda used to be the terminus/departure point for the 75s, for a while they actually displayed “Patchway Asda” as a destination and would serve Cribbs Causeway bus station as part of their through route, though they weren’t scheduled to use the central setting-down bays, instead serving the bus stop shelters around the perimeter on their way to and from Asda.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

-Colly405-

They didn't mean going into Asda they meant leaving the bus station turning left instead of right and going down to the Asda roundabout and then turning around there and then going back up to the bus station and going to its proper bus stop. Not going into ASDA.
That's right - literally into the bus station, change to Not In Service, drop everyone off, down to the roundabout, straight back up, show In Service, pick up.
Not enough time for a loo break.
And the tracker was still showing it about to go round the roundabout when I saw it come back up, so definitely no time to get into Asda!!!

Westonian

Along with the updated information on Traveline, it would appear that stops have been allocated in the new Weston bus station which is being referred to as "Interchange".

Eastbound stops are as follows; A is the furthest from the sea front or High Street:
A (Nothing listed, assumed to be for coach services)
B X2 Bristol X5 Bristol
C 2 South Road X1 Bristol
D 5 Hutton 6 Worlebury 20 Burnham
E 7 Oldmixon
F 3 Worle

Westbound stops, G is closest to the High St:
G (Nothing listed)
H 7 Worle
I 3 Asda
J 5 Worle
K 4 Bleadon 51 Wrington

Furthermore, services 2, 4 and 6 are being reduced to every two hours from hourly which will save one of the two vehicles required on these services. Weston's other bus operator has not yet been invited to use the new facility, which continues North Somerset Council's long running standards in consulting with their stakeholders who aren't First.
The 'Interchange' but not to First Bus who, on the new timetables for 2,3,4,6 and 7 call it 'Regent Street', technically correct but better known as Alexandra Parade. The timetables they have publiished refer to the stop letters as N and S rather than the actual letters shown by Citistar. The only terminating services will be 2,4, 6 and 20; Excel and 126 will revert to Marine Parade. X1 and X5 will still call at Worle Sainsburys, although this was only a temporary measure while the were diverting to Locking Road. Although not shown, 126 will call at the interchange but sevice 1 will terminate at the Railway Station and only call at the Interchange towards the Station, not towards Sand Bay!
The message on Service Changes on the First website seems to ignore the Interchange, which affects all Weston services due to rerouting and changes to stops (fo rexample, town services will no longer stop at Marine Parade).
Perhaps because the new arrangements weren't First's idea, they are in denial!

Whiteway215

Established Member
I’ve not seen any mention of 66181, the COVID vaccination bus recently. I wondered if it was still in use as such.
This afternoon at 17.15 I saw it heading through Widcombe, Bath heading in the direction of Weston Island depot.

Callum15632

I just read on a post on Facebook that the fleet numbers for the new Streetdecks that Weston will have delivered are going to be 35666-35693, following on from First Bradford Depot's Batch of Streetdecks.

Citistar

In relation to the Portishead changes, i note that Stagecoach 57 (North Weston) is being diverted around the Marina in place of the X3, whilst 58 (Redcliff Bay) gets withdrawn altogether. Service 59 to Nailsea also gets a revised timetable as a result and diverted to serve Gordano School and the High Street in both directions.