• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ryson357

Seems from Monday 1st August, service 9 will be merged with Taunton's Park & Ride service, observing the hospital and Castle Green. However the 9 will continue to operate every hour on Sunday's.

It's not really good that they haven't told people about the changes at all, not on the website, Facebook/Twitter or on buses/bus stops etc. I expect there would be a lot of confused people come Monday onwards.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Seems from Monday 1st August, service 9 will be merged with Taunton's Park & Ride service, observing the hospital and Castle Green. However the 9 will continue to operate every hour on Sunday's.
Yes not good. Just looked on TravelineSW and there is no new TT there either.

Dave

THarris123

Established Member

It's not really good that they haven't told people about the changes at all, not on the website, Facebook/Twitter or on buses/bus stops etc. I expect there would be a lot of confused people come Monday onwards.

FSW can you confirm if this is correct and why no one knows about it?

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Have to say there was nothing out of the ordinary in Bristol today. The only thing I could possibly say is 47442 and 47444 on the 50/51 as opposed to the 8/9.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Trying to figure out how many vehicles will be leaving WoE in September. I've got the figure as about 70ish.

Drop in PVR overall in WoE - 20
Hengrove - 13
Bath - 9
LH/MH - 3
Wells - increase in 4
Weston - increase in 1 (126)

Then 8 new vehicles for Bath
12 new vehicles for Hengrove
10 E400s from Manchester for Weston (X3/4)
20 new E400s(?) for LH?

It depends on how many LH are going to get really.

So the 70 vehicles that I think will be leaving WoE are:-
At least 20 darts
All W reg deckers (33)
B7Ls (the other 17 to come to 70)

If the LH order is larger (at 45), then I expect to see the remaining B7Ls go and some 51 reg ALX400s. Obviously all the 51 reg ALX400s won't be going, but I'm fairly sure some will.

Anyone else got any ideas?

The best advice is to wait and see. I've not attempted to work out PVRs so don't know if your calcs are correct (though is HE's PVR going down by 23? I.e. 23 offset with 10 extra P&R?)

Also, we all know that movements are seldom cut and dried. Could easily see Streetlites cascaded elsewhere? Perhaps there's some swapping of Streetlites for e400, for example? Who knows?

I would hope that we will see the end of the B7Ls. Not a favourite of mine with the ex Norwich and Northants examples being especially skanky.

THarris123

Established Member
The best advice is to wait and see. I've not attempted to work out PVRs so don't know if your calcs are correct (though is HE's PVR going down by 23? I.e. 23 offset with 10 extra P&R?)

Also, we all know that movements are seldom cut and dried. Could easily see Streetlites cascaded elsewhere? Perhaps there's some swapping of Streetlites for e400, for example? Who knows?

I would hope that we will see the end of the B7Ls. Not a favourite of mine with the ex Norwich and Northants examples being especially skanky.

Think Hengrove drop is about 13 in total, but that's offset by the 12 new E400s coming in, so actually yes it wouldn't be 70, it'll be 60ish (as P&R is extra).

Blackpudding

Trying to figure out how many vehicles will be leaving WoE in September. I've got the figure as about 70ish.

Drop in PVR overall in WoE - 20
Hengrove - 13
Bath - 9
LH/MH - 3
Wells - increase in 4
Weston - increase in 1 (126)

Then 8 new vehicles for Bath
12 new vehicles for Hengrove
10 E400s from Manchester for Weston (X3/4)
20 new E400s(?) for LH?

It depends on how many LH are going to get really.

So the 70 vehicles that I think will be leaving WoE are:-
At least 20 darts
All W reg deckers (33)
B7Ls (the other 17 to come to 70)

If the LH order is larger (at 45), then I expect to see the remaining B7Ls go and some 51 reg ALX400s. Obviously all the 51 reg ALX400s won't be going, but I'm fairly sure some will.

Anyone else got any ideas?

I thought the Manchester E400 are a straight swap for mid life B7TL or B9TL?

Private Baxter

Established Member
Westons Streetlites are apparently going to be moved onto the 7.
Of which there are ten, compared to eleven B7RLEs. If true then not a bad move, and THarris you may just get your wish of seeing 54 plate B7RLEs moving on.

THarris123

Established Member
Tbh, those 54 and 55 plates at Weston would fit in nicely with those already at MH on the Nailsea services

Well I've been told that 47551-58 and 47570/1 will be on 7. All the B7RLEs, except 66726 will go to MH. E200s staying in Weston, Streetlites staying in Bath (if I were to guess - I'd say they'll be on 5 and 171). I assume the B7s are replacing B7Ls.

In LH - it's more interesting - new vehicles for X7, but nothing else - cascades from Manchester instead. I wonder if our order in Bristol has actually gone to Manchester?

20 I'm told will be open top next year and another ALX is heading down there from Bath before - they will be modified too.

Some E400s will go from Hengrove to Weston to help with transforming X3/4 to Decker.

66726 will be for 126 Weston board.

DaveHarries

Established Member
In LH - it's more interesting - new vehicles for X7, but nothing else - cascades from Manchester instead. I wonder if our order in Bristol has actually gone to Manchester?
New vehicles for the X7? Not long since they gave the current ones that attractive blue and gold branding so if this is true I would hope that the new vehicles will be similarly decorated.

As for the order from Bristol going to Manchester, I would hope not: Hengrove are supposed to be getting some Enviro400 MMCs for the 902 & 904 Park & Ride routes won off CTPlus.

Dave

vicbury

Bath are still 43 drivers short according to a driver last night.

Went on one of the electric-hybrid Enviro 400s at the Bristol Vintage Bus Rally today and was very impressed. Had a good tour of South Bristol including Hengrove, Hartcliffe, Bedminster, and Knowle West.

The bus handled the hill up from St John's Lane to Knowle very well! Ride quality and general refinement are good. Not fully sure about the seats and the air cooling system is too noisy.

Still not been on a Streetdeck so can't compare unfortunately.

THarris123

Established Member
New vehicles for the X7? Not long since they gave the current ones that attractive blue and gold branding so if this is true I would hope that the new vehicles will be similarly decorated.

As for the order from Bristol going to Manchester, I would hope not: Hengrove are supposed to be getting some Enviro400 MMCs for the 902 & 904 Park & Ride routes won off CTPlus.

Dave

It was reported earlier in the year that X7 might be getting new deckers, so it's no real surprise.

Hengrove are still due the new vehicles, but as the gas bid hasn't been won, I'm not really surprised they are not getting any new deckers at LH. It could of course all change, but I expect something next year anyway.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also forgot that X6/A will be going to MH.

Bristol_Buses

So LH isn't getting the bio buses, Are they getting anything new then? and are the Manchester Enviro 400s going to LH or HEN?

The X7 really doesn't need new vehicles, the Blue and Gold branded vehicles look great and should stay.

New Vehicles are needed in LH for the 3/4/42-45/48/49

Last edited:

freetoview33

Established Member
So LH isn't getting the bio buses, Are they getting anything new then? and are the Manchester Enviro 400s going to LH or HEN?

The X7 really doesn't need new vehicles, the Blue and Gold branded vehicles look great and should stay.

New Vehicles are needed in LH for the 3/4/42-45/48/49

I think the X7 will get them just due to the high millage they rack up!

Whiteway215

Established Member
65724 seems to have been off the road a long time presumably still being repaired after its serious accident with the BT van in Bath. I wonder if being a less common type whether the repairer is having difficulty in sourcing replacement parts? Could it end up being written off?

BBC

I can't believe LH isnt getting new buses, some of the older ones are in desperate need of replacing now.

THarris123

Established Member
I can't believe LH isnt getting new buses, some of the older ones are in desperate need of replacing now.

And they'll be replaced by cascades from Manchester
I think the X7 will get them just due to the high millage they rack up!

If you look at the handbook it shows 33488-90 allocated to LH, which I presume will be for X7.

BBC

And they'll be replaced by cascades from Manchester

If you look at the handbook it shows 33488-90 allocated to LH, which I presume will be for X7.

How many from Manchester and what models ?

Bristol_Buses

Totally agree
So if the majority of the ALX 400s being used on the 3/4/6/7 and occasionally on the 45 are going. What is replacing them?

Last edited: