• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

carlberry

Established Member
Wonder if we might see the Severn Express increased to half hourly, with the Severn Bridge Tolls coming to an end today?
I suspect the price of the tolls haven't been a major deterrent to operating the service, whereas something that makes it easier and cheaper to use a car for the journey is going to reduce demand.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Wonder if we might see the Severn Express increased to half hourly, with the Severn Bridge Tolls coming to an end today?

Absolutely no demand for a half hourly service. Perhaps a slightly later departure from Bristol, but certainly not an increase in frequency by any means.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I suspect the price of the tolls haven't been a major deterrent to operating the service, whereas something that makes it easier and cheaper to use a car for the journey is going to reduce demand.

Indeed - it's probably more of a threat to the service. It is now cheaper to drive and quicker without the queues at toll booths.

-Colly405-

This morning, the T1 peak journeys through Bradley Stoke around 8am (the 0730 ex-Thornbury Health Centre and the 0750 ex-Aztec West dupe) were in the hands of First's own 36216 and 37346 (not sure which was on which journey!), neither regular types for either run - usually a CT Plus decker and a First Scania.

What is odder is that according to First's timetable leaflet, the peak extras stopped running on Friday (but Traveline and First's online timetable facility show them as still running).

spw24

Ive just left Lawrence Hill and found all 6 CT Plus B7s parked up all devoid of legals /disc,s and ticket machines so looks like a return to Dawsons soon.

spw24

Don't know where these are heading after our use has finished. Also just looked at the bus checker and the U3 is still running but with the B7s parked whats on the route now ?

carlberry

Established Member
Don't know where these are heading after our use has finished. Also just looked at the bus checker and the U3 is still running but with the B7s parked whats on the route now ?
UWE has finished for this year so there should be little use need for it and Traveline says it has finished, however the M3X has started!

-Colly405-

UWE has finished for this year so there should be little use need for it and Traveline says it has finished, however the M3X has started!
There may be different versions of Traveline, as for me it says that the T1 and U3 (both under CT Plus) run until 21/12, and the m3x and "new" U3 start 6/1.

So does anyone know whether the U3 has actually run today?

I did speak to a driver on the First T1 on Friday who said that CT Plus were stopping the peak extras that day, but that First were "hoping to run them until Christmas"...

spw24

the U3 ran until about 10 this morning when they were called off the road and sent to LH depot.

-Colly405-

Meant to say that last night's 1703 T1 short was in the hands of gold 33388. Well, I presume it was that journey loading in Colston St with a electronic destination of First Bristol, no route number and no temporary bits of paper!

D2007wsm

Established Member
Yesterday and today there has been a Leeds Gemini on the back wall in the Bus Station with ‘T1 Aztec West’ on the display

Whiteway215

Established Member
https://www.firstgroup.com/bristol-...onfirmation-bath-university-service-changes-6

Confirmation of changes to the Bath U1/2 announced today, including an introduction of a service R2 for Ralph Allen School. Looks as if the PVR for the U1 is 20 (8 E400 + 12 Bendis), and for the U2 - 7, so some extra vehicle resource may be needed for that!!
Can anyone enlighten me on what is meant by the phrase in the First article which reads 'there will be some operational changes to the Bath U2 to improve reliability and punctuality?' Thanks.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Meant to say that last night's 1703 T1 short was in the hands of gold 33388. Well, I presume it was that journey loading in Colston St with a electronic destination of First Bristol, no route number and no temporary bits of paper!
Interesting as I passed that very machine NIS south of AztecWest on the M5 heading towards Cribbs. I was thinking it was going to work an extra 1/2 - Interesting!

Marcus Fryer

There was also one of the unbranded Lynx Scania E400s on the M3 heading from the City Centre to Emerson Green at around 14:30.
That was 36820; it was also on the route two hours later.
At just before 15:00 I saw a ME liveried saloon leaving Broad Weir and I think it was showing 48A in the rear display. Can anyone confirm this?

D2007wsm

Established Member
That was 36820; it was also on the route two hours later.
At just before 15:00 I saw a ME liveried saloon leaving Broad Weir and I think it was showing 48A in the rear display. Can anyone confirm this?
There was a Mendip Explorer B7RLE being used on a City Service to cover a breakdown, I believe that also happened on Tuesday as well.

Luk3y

Spotted one of the airport e400mmc’s, and one of the pink streetlights parked up in the Avonmouth paint shop this evening. Anyone got any thoughts why?

Whiteway215

Established Member
69509 has come back from the dead after its encounter with fallen trees earlier this year. Seen on Discover routes in Bath this morning.