• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Folkestone to Bedford - via Ramsgate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hiya,

On the return part of a Folkestone - Bedford off peak return I wish to break my journey at Ramsgate? Is this possible, and if so, which route into London would I have to use for my onward journey?

(Slowly learning the routing guide but not quite there yet!)

Mike

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Folkestone has two associated Routeing Points (RPs), in this case either is valid as the fares to Dover are the same as Folkestone.

The Routeing Guide says that where LONDON is listed as a permitted route, all the routes from the origin to London are valid to get to Londopn, plus all the routes from London to the destination are valid.

So all the routes that would normally be valid between Folkestone and London are valid, including HS1 of course. To find out what these routes are, look up Dover to London (also Ashford to London) on the permitted route identifier page.

Dover Priory - London Group maps:
DV+LD
DV+LR
DV+NK
DV+VC
LB+SD+LK
LK

Maps are here:
http://www.atoc.org/clientfiles/File/RSPDocuments/maps.pdf

That's a lot of routes!

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks Yorkie - so using map LK Im allowed to go Folkestone - Ramsgate - London as I understand it?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, you can.

South of the Thames there are an unbelievable number of routeing possibilities!

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Many thanks again yorkie - starting to get the hang of the routing guide now! :) (and also means I dont have to buy another ticket :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.