• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
Fans of The Rangers brought back down to earth but a bump and reminded there is a big difference between playing part time teams and full time teams.

The last thing I heard a while ago, is that the Ibrox mob are now called Rangers International Football Club. Previously before that, they were called The Rangers as mentioned, before starting out as Sevco 5088 in 2012.

It does seem ironic they are now called Rangers International FC, as they have yet to play a competitive international match in the UEFA tournaments.

My team Aston Villa just made it through to the next round. More importantly, a clean sheet was kept - perhaps the team can build on that in the league?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

backontrack

Established Member
Even worse, according to the BBC Live Text, Iago Aspas scored a 'terrific' goal to put Celta Vigo 4-0 up against Barcelona. :P

Kite159

Veteran Member
Even worse, according to the BBC Live Text, Iago Aspas scored a 'terrific' goal to put Celta Vigo 4-0 up against Barcelona. :P

Blimey, who the heck are Celta Vigo (one of those teams who will have a brilliant start before dropping down to mid-table at season end where their best players will be purchased for many millions of euros by Real Madrid and next year end up going down?)

richw

Veteran Member
Hurrah! Carlisle equalise through Derek Asamoah at Anfield. :D

Well done Carlisle. Glad I didn't go out of my way to go tonight. Worser red me.

Liverpool are very much struggling. It's becoming a joke. The more I watch Liverpool the more I think Suarez was responsible for Liverpool finishing 2nd and not the manager.

Blimey, who the heck are Celta Vigo (one of those teams who will have a brilliant start before dropping down to mid-table at season end where their best players will be purchased for many millions of euros by Real Madrid and next year end up going down?)

Id say they are the Spanish equivalent to a team such a Swansea.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
I've got nothing against Newcastle fans and their long wait for silverware but as a Derby County supporter I'm delighted that another nail has been hammered into Steve McClaren's coffin tonight.

Established Member
A well deserved win for The Owls, I'm really looking forward to the next round.

Last edited:

Established Member
Even more so given that they had their reserve team out!

From what my mate who was there said it was a really good team performance, and it was a great goal from McGugan. On our current form (I'd say we've played well since the Burnley game) I think we could have won by more had the first team played, but 1-0 is still a win. I'll certainly try to get to the Arsenal game if I can!

Last edited:

Drogba11CFC

Winchester City 5...Folland Sports 1 (Flooks 24, 62, Bentley 36, 60, Barron 71; Dark 89)

Winchester City easily progress to the next round of the Hampshire FA Cup against a Wessex League side. Next up, the small matter of an FA Cup tie against Maidenhead United.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I've got nothing against Newcastle fans and their long wait for silverware but as a Derby County supporter I'm delighted that another nail has been hammered into Steve McClaren's coffin tonight.

would they be the same fans who haven't won a trophy in colour? ;)

The following North East clubs have all won a trophy since Newcastle last won a cup in 1734:

Sunderland
Middlesbrough
Darlington
Whitby
Whitley Bay
Dunston
Spennymoor
North Shields

;););););)

Clip

Established Member
Liverpool are very much struggling. It's becoming a joke. The more I watch Liverpool the more I think Suarez was responsible for Liverpool finishing 2nd and not the manager.

Do catch up - people were saying that whilst he was still playing for Liverpool.

Another lousy match for our lot again. Im glad I didn't stay up for the highlights

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Another lousy match for our lot again. Im glad I didn't stay up for the highlights

What is the issue at Newcastle do you reckon? Manager? Chairman? Players? Quality? it seems to be going wrong very quickly. Could be worse, it could be Sunderland!

Antman

Established Member
What is the issue at Newcastle do you reckon? Manager? Chairman? Players? Quality? it seems to be going wrong very quickly. Could be worse, it could be Sunderland!

Chairman it seems? The wally with the brolly hasn't done any better than the legendary John Carver;)

Clip

Established Member

Some of the players I reckon who just don't want to be there anymore - like Cisse who was making noise for a move in the summer - can disrupt the rest of them. We did get in some promising looking players I just don't think there really has been enough time for them to gel as a team but right now we don't have time.

Cant be the chairman as he just forked out some money at last :lol:

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member

I think it is certain "influential" players not wanting to play for them anymore. Newcastle have spent a lot of money this summer, trying to blame Ashley for the failures is a bit harsh, although of course letting the team get into this state before the summer has a big part to play with it.

I think Newcastle will be alright in the end, which is more than can be said for Sunderland.

SS4

Established Member
My team Aston Villa just made it through to the next round. More importantly, a clean sheet was kept - perhaps the team can build on that in the league?

Here's hoping or we may end up playing the noisy neighbours in the league next time around

Speaking of the Villa a great match is set to take place there this weekend although of course this is not the thread for it

Minilad

Established Member
Here's hoping or we may end up playing the noisy neighbours in the league next time around

Speaking of the Villa a great match is set to take place there this weekend although of course this is not the thread for it

Bloody sacrilege is what it is. Letting fat posh boys chase eggs around the hallowed turf. Should never have been allowed

richw

Veteran Member
would they be the same fans who haven't won a trophy in colour? ;)

The following North East clubs have all won a trophy since Newcastle last won a cup in 1734:

Sunderland
Middlesbrough
Darlington
Whitby
Whitley Bay
Dunston
Spennymoor
North Shields

;););););)

Didn't Newcastle win the championship a few years back after their relegation? I think there is a trophy for that.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Didn't Newcastle win the championship a few years back after their relegation? I think there is a trophy for that.

And didn't they win the battleship board a few years ago with the intertoro cup?

2.4463401.jpg
:lol:

backontrack

Established Member
Still playing, in the Championship for Fulham. He was forgotten quickly, wasn't he? :P
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Of course, once, he was England captain. How times have changed...

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Huddersfield Town 1 - 1 Nottingham Forest
Leaving aside the absurdity of Thursday night football, the underdogs of Huddersfield (with three gold stars to Forest's two) could have quite easily been 3-0 up inside half an hour, but Forest took the lead with their first clear shot at goal (interpretation of the advantage rule being significant for Huddersfield's Harry Bunn on 17mins) and only really threatened once during the second half. Thankfully a late strike from Emyr Huws (his 4th in 3 games) meant that justice was served to an extent.

SS4

Established Member
Final Score are showing why I prefer the radio for football. I may take the mute off when they stop wanking off the top 6.