• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Iskra

Established Member
Leeds 2 Bristol 2

Another shambolic Leeds display and awful goalkeeping gave Bristol a deserved 2-0 lead at HT. However, Leeds fans dark humour and then support in the second half somehow sprung our team back into life to score 2 and miss a number of chances for a 3rd, but winning us a respectable point in the end. Hopefully, this can be a catalyst for us to crack on a bit and pick up some points. We have 3 back from suspension for our next game and managed to play a second 90 minutes without getting a man sent off, so there are some positives, just need to get rid of our goal keeper and results would improve a lot. Tough next few games against Derby (A), Brentford (H) and then Wolves (H).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
Rochdale 2-2 Tottenham

Very happy for Rochdale and they fans and you have to say they fully deserve something from that match.

Many of those Rochdale players said after they dream of playing at Wembley, so they’ll get their chance. Is such a opportunity luring teams to play for draws at home to spurs in the FA Cup? They were all happy with a draw when interviewed.

BlueFox

The one that are in the same division as Leeds...

Unnecessarily pedantic.

Not unnecessarily pedantic at all. The only people I know of who just call them "Bristol" are people who aren't aware that there's another team in the city.
But it's not as annoying as those people who talk about "City" and "United" without telling you which City or United they're talking about.

Iskra

Established Member
Not unnecessarily pedantic at all. The only people I know of who just call them "Bristol" are people who aren't aware that there's another team in the city.
But it's not as annoying as those people who talk about "City" and "United" without telling you which City or United they're talking about.

If anyone was genuinely confused, it wouldn't have taken them long to google it, but this being a thread about football I assumed a limited knowledge- as all the other posters have on this page of the thread which includes more cryptic descriptions of teams names than mine: 'The team formerly known as Newton Heath' being a case in point. Rovers and City are in two separate divisions, the match was televised nationally and it's well know we're out of the cup due to a well-publicised humiliating defeat, and I refer to league games and points which are further clues. I do hope you will be going back through this thread, highlighting all incorrect/mildly ambiguous club terminology.

BlueFox

I do hope you will be going back through this thread, highlighting all incorrect/mildly ambiguous club terminology.

No. Your lack of respect for Bristol City is the first time I've been annoyed enough to comment about it.

Cletus

Established Member
Good to see Tottenham financially helping out lower league teams. Newport, now Rochdale :smile:

If only Dover Athletic had won any games in the FA Cup this season, it'd been us playing Tottenham today :lol:

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Good to see Tottenham financially helping out lower league teams. Newport, now Rochdale :smile:

If only Dover Athletic had won any games in the FA Cup this season, it'd been us playing Tottenham today :lol:
Don’t worry, we would have won anyway ;) (COYS)

Still gloating over last week’s victory over Arsenal. :p

Kite159

Veteran Member
Don’t worry, we would have won anyway ;) (COYS)

Still gloating over last week’s victory over Arsenal. :p

Most likely by diving to get more penalties awarded ;)

Although IIRC Arsenal beat Spuds 2-0 earlier in the season, so the annual "North London Derby" contest was won by Arsenal 2-1 :p

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Brackley Town 3 v Darlington 0 - a poor game in which we were never going to score. We even missed a penalty. We had our most improved player suspended, his improving replacement injured and our only centre forward out ill. A long day was made worse by a the referee chickening out of early sending off for the home side. We made chances but didn't have anyone to put the ball in the net. The pitch was an absolute sandpit. Easy to see why Brackley haven't lost at home for a year.

richw

Veteran Member

Rumoured not only are they inviting these teams to Wembley for replays, but they financially contributed to Rochdale’s new turf

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Rumoured not only are they inviting these teams to Wembley for replays, but they financially contributed to Rochdale’s new turf

they whined on enough about it. Rochdale should have turned it into a sandpit then watered it. Premier league softees.

Dentonian

Established Member
Us Northern lads may well be aware of what you say, but imagine if you come from Chile and after much negotiations, Alexis Sanchez was told that the deal had finally been done and that he was going to Newton Heath.

The next thing you know is that the poor lad is all confused and thinks the stadium at Broadhurst Park is a tad different than what he had hoped when he makes his debut for FC United of Manchester...:p:p:p

Bad example. Sanchez was all set to re-unite with his old boss at City - until "poor" United waved their cheque book at him and his Agent. If I was on £400k I week I wouldn't care what my employer's name was.

Dentonian

Established Member
Oh dear, it's all gone wrong for Man City tonight, being beaten by Wigan in the FA Cup once more

Look at it this way; if City had won the Quadruple this season, what would be left to aim for in the future? A more cynical view would be, at least three less matches to pick up serious injuries with the protaganist only getting a yellow card.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Evo Stik First Division North

Hyde United 1...South Shields 1

The top two match saw both sides score in the first six minutes in this Tuesday night fixture and you can see why South Shields are favourites to finish top of this division at the end of the season, as the match was well contested throughout with Hyde undefeated in the league at home and South Shields only losing once in fourteen away matches. Scarborough Athletic took advantage of the result and their 3-1 away win tonight which saw them go up to second place, one point clear of Hyde.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
they whined on enough about it. Rochdale should have turned it into a sandpit then watered it. Premier league softees.

The rubbish Rochdale pitch was awesome. First time in many years I’ve seen players run around with big brown splotches on them from the mud and sand. More please.

roversfan2001

Established Member
Shrewsbury starting to bottle it now, a 1-1 draw with Gillingham tonight keeps us at the top of the league til at least Saturday. :D

Darandio

Established Member
Isn't it great. :D

I was born in and brought up in an area of County Durham that was very much dominated by Sunderland supporters, they were insufferable. I was up there for a few pints at the end of last season and it's completely changed, quite a few said they would be in League One in a years time and how right they were. Rudderless.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Evo Stik First Division North

Hyde United 3...Kendal Town 1

The match showed signs of ill-feeling from the start and Hyde moved into a 2-0 lead on the half-hour mark then a player from each side was sent off just after that second goal. Hyde scored their third goal with 10 minutes to play and Kendal Town scored from the penalty spot near to the end of the game.
The two sides above Hyde, South Shields and Scarborough Athletic surprisingly only came away with one point from drawn matches that most thought they would win, so this allowed Hyde to move back into second place in the division.

SS4

Established Member
3 points for the Villa which looked incredibly unlikely at half time. Of course three points are three points and are always welcome

Results also went our way at Reading

DarloRich

Veteran Member
A good 2-1 win for Darlo v Kidderminster on Saturday. By all accounts we should have won more convincingly. Up to 14th, 5 points above the drop zone but all teams around us have games in hand.

February was said to our tough month: Blyth, Bradford PA, Brackley & Kiddie. We won 3. We are 1 loss in 7 now.

March sees us play teams around us: Tamworth, Curzon, North Ferriby, Telford & Southport.

FozzQuaker

A good 2-1 win for Darlo v Kidderminster on Saturday. By all accounts we should have won more convincingly. Up to 14th, 5 points above the drop zone but all teams around us have games in hand.

February was said to our tough month: Blyth, Bradford PA, Brackley & Kiddie. We won 3. We are 1 loss in 7 now.

March sees us play teams around us: Tamworth, Curzon, North Ferriby, Telford & Southport.

Considering we were down and out and people going on about getting used to Evo-Stik Football next season, we have not bad, 9 points out of 12 in February against Top Half Teams is excellent, Tommy Wright will still have doubters on the sideline, but I think he is starting to come good, we will survive this season, and Wright will push on and get it right in 18-19

familyguy99

Scunthorpe 0-2 Oldham :D

Fair play to Scunthorpe for getting this match on but I bet they wishes they didn't now as Oldham scored two goals in space of four mins each other to pick up all three points and move out of bottom 4.